Bad
Good

Grady is State AP Honors school, offering 25 AP courses. It has one of the strongest communications programs in the country. It also has a college prep focus including dual enrollment partnerships and 10 AP STEM courses. Sixteen 2016 seniors received early decision acceptance at Georgia Tech. Four seniors were National Merit Scholars. Grady has 30+ extracurricular academic clubs, including the 7 time state champion debate, 18 time regional champion mock trial (finished 9th nationally 2016), world champion qualifier robotics of 60 students, and national recognized school newspaper, the Southerner. An impressive performing arts/drama program is lead by the 2015 State Teacher of the Year. The music program had 7 chorus students named All-State in 2016. Grady was 1 of 4 schools nationally to win the Kishi Bashi National Music Contest. Marching Band won the 2015 Viewer's Choice national competition. The Philharmonic Chamber Orchestra received a score of Superior from Georgia Music Educators in 2015. Grady has 25 athletic teams including winning tennis (2016 State Elite 8), cross country (80 students), baseball, soccer (boys, girls 2016 State Quaterfinals) , lacrosse, track (2015 Region Champs) water polo, football (2015 State 2nd Round), basketball (2016 State Semifinals) and swimming (2016 City Champs). High achievers have always excelled at Grady. New leadership in 2014 brought a real focus on K-12 planning with feeder schools to raise up students from lower socioeconomic backgrounds and early results show it is working.

I don't know who is writing all of these reviews saying that Grady is "magnificent" or "fantastic" and saying that they're students at Grady high school, but they definitely aren't Grady students. Because chances are if you went to Grady, you don't know any words that big. I transferred to Grady from Decatur high a few months ago and the change is incredible. Many of the teachers here let you skate by on doing nothing. There's barely any homework, and the curriculum is almost non existent. It's great if you don't really care about learning and just want to pass, but if you actually value the content of your classes, Grady high is not the way to go.

My school is a school of excellence! I am a sophomore, and I am in the introduction to bio medical science. The courses they provide are well taught. I enjoy how they will stay after with you as long as needed, just to help you with your work that you don't understand.

I really like Grady-I am a current student there and despite all the recent scandals I can tell you it it great. Anyone who is motivated and blossom here-some students here get perfects on their SATs and othes get into Ivy League schools. No matter what you are like, you are sure to find your niche in the variey of programs offered here-we have great sports and theater programs, as well as excellent publications such as Yearbook or the Southerner. I love it!!

I am the parent of a Grady alum who learned about how to get things done and the value of working hard while at Grady. She's now acing college, and so are her friends from Grady. Their College and Career Center is unique in terms of being completely parent-run and helps EVERY student who comes through its doors. Every day our faculty strives to reach all students and help them be their best. The diversity WORKS at Grady from teachers and staff to students. It's all there if you want it. Most kids do!

Grady is a tuition-free treasure in the middle of Midtown Atlanta. The good: > fantastic location (across the street from the largest park in the city) > very good facilities (renovated just a few years ago) > really really good teachers > great place for families who are seeking a global schools - lots of races, incomes, languages in this place. (i.e. the real world :) The bad: > way too many students (though the school does a good job of breaking down the school into 4 smaller "academies") > Some very unmotivated kids (again, the academies help with this) We have one kid there now....and after initial fears, love it.

Grady High School is an urban school with a very diverse student body. The school offers well-rounded and challenging academic curriculum, electives, honors and advanced placement courses. Students enroll in dual enrollment as well. Grady also established a College and career Connection office assisting students with college and career choices. The CCC is a model operation for the Atlanta Public School system.

I became a student here to attend the Fashion Program at Grady. There are few high schools that have this course, and it truly does make Grady a unique school. However, as a student there, I believe that the school has a lot of potential but it is very unorganized. The larger school setting means that individual attention isn't always granted. Overcrowded classrooms and halls are a huge frustration of mine. Everyday school life is just mediocre. The people working at the school can be impolite and unmannerable at times. They always have a lot of things going on after school including tutorials, but if you ride the bus home like me its hard to take full advantage of these options. Some classes are extremely diffucult, while others are a complete joke. It's just an average school to me, but has good end results in the students so I'll my rating=4

As a Grady High School Alumnus, I highly recommend this school. It is one of the best in the state, and the best Public School in Atlanta. I am a graduate of the magnet program, and graduated within the top 10 percent of my class. I can't say enough about this school. The extracurricular activities are wonderful, the staff is great, everyone wants you to succeed. This school would be a much better choice than a private school, because students are not handed anything. Students must work for their grades, they must work for accolade and acclaim. I will be graduating from Wake Forest University this year, and I believe that the reason that I have been able to handle the coursework at Wake Forest is because of my experience at Grady High School. I am extremely proud of my alma mater...

I will say I have not attended Grady yet, but I will definately be attending my senior year, if not sooner. However, all of my closest friends go to Grady and all they can do is rave about it. Some of the most intelligent and well rounded human beings have come from Grady. If it is anything like the middle school, Inman, has has to be a fantastic school. I would give anything in the world to be there right now.

Last modified Grady High School is a Public school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 5 out of 10 based on academic quality.