Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Just right (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Effective (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered School leader (1 response)

Posted January 11, 2016
This school has been great for my son. He has thrived in this environment among young men who share his background. The school provides a family-like atmosphere with camaraderie and a healthy competitive spirit. Best decision I could have made.

Grateful to: School leader

Posted January 11, 2016
Principal Ward for seeing the value and potential in our young men. He lets us know how grateful he is to have been chosen to lead them. Society as a whole is not investing in them and often sees them as inferior or a menace to society. Mr. Ward and the parents, staff and students dispel this notion and will show the world that we have greatness emerging from FLA.

Develops honesty: Strongly agree

Posted January 11, 2016
The school instills values of character, honesty and integrity in all students through the approach they take in ensuring each child knows and realizes their individual potential. They have community and business leaders to encourage and mentor these young men to be productive members of society.

Posted August 31, 2015
it is amazing, the school's new principal has offered a lot for the !year he has been there

Teacher effectiveness: Effective

Posted August 08, 2015
There have been some very ineffective teachers however they get rid of them fast and replace them with teachers who work out.

Posted August 08, 2015
My son has been a scholar FLA since its opening in 2010 , expecting this school to run like a well established school is unrealistic however if you are able to see the bigger picture and understand and value the vision of FLA and why Ms. Anderson started the school , you would not want your son any where else . The dedication , consistency and commitment to these young men is rare and unique . if there has been a change we've experienced it being a part of the inagural class , and now as a Junior he wants to be here & understands the value in attending FLA , the complaints or dislikes I have are insignificant in the scheme of things and would not have him leave at all , the school is growing , changing and flourishing and as one of the first families at FLA I've seen it all and im still Satisfied with FLA.

Posted July 20, 2014
This will be our 3rd year at FLA and it is a great school! I think the lower ratings come from parents who were looking for something more established. As a new charter school, there are certain things that just won't exist until parents buckle down and support. My son has been praised and disciplined, nurtured and supported. I would recommend this school to any involved parents with sons of color.

Fulton Leadership Academy 1

Posted February 04, 2014
I honestly can say that i pulled my son out of this school and never regretted it. My son has some behavior issues but it was not enough for them to treat him like they did. They isolated him and would not let him see the other students for weeks at a time. Also, The principal, after basically ignoring all of my sons achievements, had a nasty attitude and was very unprofessional. I admit, this school is great and has a great curriculum, but the way things are handled are not what i would want. Again i say, my child is no angel, but he is a very intelligent student and has great potential. This did happen in the year of 2011-2012, so alot might have changed but i do feel like another approach would have been better.

Fulton Leadership Academy 1

Posted October 29, 2013
this is my sons 1st and last year at this school. I don't like it. I agree with the student assessment about this school. I don't care for the administration or the "teachers". I am currently looking for another school for my child. I would not recommend this school to any one I know. This school should loose it charter. Its a wanna be school. They need a overhaul. I don't agree with there discipline code. I wish i could talk to someone to tell them just what the administration is doing wrong. I have talked to two administrators about my concerns, and at this point it like talking to a wall. Boys will be boys or they tell your child "Don't run home and tell your momma/daddy everything that's going on here". What are you trying to tell my son do? Teaching a kid not to tell if they are being hurt? That's why we have these shootings at schools. I told my son the heck with that I want to know and YES, I will go confront ANY teacher, administrator or board member when it comes to mines EVERYDAY. This school needs a State take over. I am so sorry to have enrolled my son at this school.The end of the school year cant come soon enough for this parent!

Posted September 23, 2013
I am a teacher at Fulton Leadership Academy and I love it. I've taught several years a public school in the Metro Atlanta Area and I've also taught several years at a private school in the Metro Atlanta Area. You'll be hard pressed to find another school as good as this one, public or private. The administration is very easy to talk to. Parents, teachers, and even students can talk to a principle and be certain that their concerns will be looked into. There is a big emphasis on honesty, respect, and following the rules. Parents that think that breaking a few rules isn't a big deal won't like this school. Parents that want their children to be free to do what ever they want won't like this school. Discipline is handled in a very prompt manner. The academics are great. This is one of the few places where I don't question the ability of some of my colleagues. Everyone knows their content and everyone cares about their students getting the content. We don't "fix" kids. We try to help guide them down the path to their success, but we can't do it alone. Parents are a child's primary teacher. We need parents to be on the same page as us. If that is you, you should join us.

4141 Old Fairburn Rd, Atlanta, GA  30349
Last modified Fulton Leadership Academy is a Charter school that serves grades 6-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 8 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Fulton Leadership Academy Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 27 reviews. Top