Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Agree (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (3 responses)
Currently, most people answered Just right (4 responses)
Currently, most people answered Effective (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered School leader (1 response)

Fulton Leadership Academy 3

Posted May 27, 2016
Dean Jackson acts like he wants to help but he doesn't respond to emails or phone calls. The communication needs to be better at this school. Receiving an email 2 days before an award program is ridiculous. Also they failed to invite only the parents with kids that are receiving awards. Parents took time off work to not see their child receive anything. The school is ok but they need to make some adjustments.

Grateful to: Teacher

Posted April 02, 2016
Principal Ward addresses issues immediately and is awesome. Ms Jhileek, Ms Coleman and Ms Hicks are great teachers and couldn't ask for better.

Develops respect: Agree

Posted April 02, 2016
The teachers are the authority but I do feel to receive the proper respect you must also show respect to the students

Fulton Leadership Academy 4

Posted April 02, 2016
I love FLA, as a parent who is very particular when it comes to my child. They are great. The teachers could do no wrong in my book. This is my son's first year there and although we don't know much. We are kept apprised of everything through email. The teachers say they will get back to you within a day. Every time I have emailed my son's teacher I receive a response within an hour or a couple of hours if during the school day. The only issue I have is that the office staff could be a little more welcoming and have more knowledge of what is going on in the school, but I know if I have a question than to reach out to the teacher or principal directly. They always respond within a timely manner. My son was having a bad month, maybe, and got in trouble with two different teachers both of which called me to help redirect him. He was not in any real trouble ie. Suspension or expulsion but little things like talking back and respect issues. But I'm glad the teachers he interacted cared enough to redirect him versus yelling at him and sending him off. I almost wish this school was either open to girls or had a sister all girls school for my daughter in a year. They get 4 stars from me for the teachers and emailing assignments in addition to providing them in class. They keep you up to date if your child is passing or failing.

Fulton Leadership Academy 3

Posted March 23, 2016
My son's experience at this school hasn't been as rewarding as I had hoped, due to my financial situation. Some teachers require extra for no reason other than their egos. Most of the activities are expensive, plus I have observed snooty behavior from some staff members.

Fulton Leadership Academy 5

Posted January 11, 2016
This school has been great for my son. He has thrived in this environment among young men who share his background. The school provides a family-like atmosphere with camaraderie and a healthy competitive spirit. Best decision I could have made.

Grateful to: School leader

Posted January 11, 2016
Principal Ward for seeing the value and potential in our young men. He lets us know how grateful he is to have been chosen to lead them. Society as a whole is not investing in them and often sees them as inferior or a menace to society. Mr. Ward and the parents, staff and students dispel this notion and will show the world that we have greatness emerging from FLA.

Develops honesty: Strongly agree

Posted January 11, 2016
The school instills values of character, honesty and integrity in all students through the approach they take in ensuring each child knows and realizes their individual potential. They have community and business leaders to encourage and mentor these young men to be productive members of society.

Fulton Leadership Academy 5

Posted August 31, 2015
it is amazing, the school's new principal has offered a lot for the !year he has been there

Teacher effectiveness: Effective

Posted August 08, 2015
There have been some very ineffective teachers however they get rid of them fast and replace them with teachers who work out.

4141 Old Fairburn Rd, Atlanta, GA  30349
Last modified Fulton Leadership Academy is a Charter school that serves grades 6-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 8 out of 10 based on academic quality.