Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Agree (4 responses)
Currently, most people answered Agree (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (3 responses)

This school lacks effective communication. If you are planning on picking your child up earlier than the departure time, it may be best to call first. They never know where a child is located and it always takes a long time to locate your child. Registration is a nightmare. Please be prepared to submit the same paperwork in the middle of the year. The school will send out emails claiming that your file is missing the paperwork that you already submitted and threaten to kick your child out of the school in the middle of the school year. They are not very well organized and safety is also a concern.

I adore this school! My son is doing great at this school .He has grown in his responsibilities and respect. He now has confidence in his learning and himself . Great job FLA. Anytime I have a question I am answered via email by his teacher or can simply talk to the outside during pickup. Parents half the battle to your child's success is YOU. STAY involved, emails, calls, text and quick chats to keep up with your child education. Check your kids bags and folders when they get home and before they go to school. (no matter what school he/she is at!) Just like any school it is important to attend meetings and keep in contact with the teachers and know what your children are working on. at FLA I can use powerschool which is an online system that monitors his grades and progress and other online applications that certain teachers have that allow me to know when items are due ect. The school sets high standards for them and the students strive to reach those standards.

Supports LD students: Strongly agree

If the students are show to have a low grade in certain subjects after school tutoring is offered and sometimes required.

Effective school leaders: Strongly agree

Leadership at this school is effective and shows by example .

Develops character: Strongly agree

The students have a FLA creed that I believe my son takes very serious and strives to maintain

Teacher effectiveness: Strongly agree

The teachers are great! My son looks up to them .

Amount of homework: Strongly agree

Homework daily and studies for my 7th graders. After school tutorials if needed. Thanks and great job FLA>

Dean Jackson acts like he wants to help but he doesn't respond to emails or phone calls. The communication needs to be better at this school. Receiving an email 2 days before an award program is ridiculous. Also they failed to invite only the parents with kids that are receiving awards. Parents took time off work to not see their child receive anything. The school is ok but they need to make some adjustments.

I love FLA, as a parent who is very particular when it comes to my child. They are great. The teachers could do no wrong in my book. This is my son's first year there and although we don't know much. We are kept apprised of everything through email. The teachers say they will get back to you within a day. Every time I have emailed my son's teacher I receive a response within an hour or a couple of hours if during the school day. The only issue I have is that the office staff could be a little more welcoming and have more knowledge of what is going on in the school, but I know if I have a question than to reach out to the teacher or principal directly. They always respond within a timely manner. My son was having a bad month, maybe, and got in trouble with two different teachers both of which called me to help redirect him. He was not in any real trouble ie. Suspension or expulsion but little things like talking back and respect issues. But I'm glad the teachers he interacted cared enough to redirect him versus yelling at him and sending him off. I almost wish this school was either open to girls or had a sister all girls school for my daughter in a year. They get 4 stars from me for the teachers and emailing assignments in addition to providing them in class. They keep you up to date if your child is passing or failing.

My son's experience at this school hasn't been as rewarding as I had hoped, due to my financial situation. Some teachers require extra for no reason other than their egos. Most of the activities are expensive, plus I have observed snooty behavior from some staff members.

Last modified Fulton Leadership Academy is a Charter school that serves grades 6-9