Washington High School Senior Academy 0

Posted September 17, 2009
The first school built for black students in the city of Atlanta. It has the best band in the city. The school has 4 academic schools and it has a long history of alumni involvement. Scholarships, tutoring, and community is involved for the students.

Posted November 19, 2007

Posted July 20, 2007

Posted May 18, 2006
- a former student
I am a former parent of BTW during the Kilogre era, and loved every minute of it. I am also a former student but did not graduate from Washington, but I consider myself a Washingtonian. Although my child has already graduated from BTW I was sadden to learn that Dr. Kilgore was leaving because I still have another child to send to high school and I wanted her to experience the wonderful leadership, knowledge and hard work that Dr. Kilgore displayed while at BTW. And 'STAR' Academy is beyond wonderful, it is supberb. Although Dr. Kilogre is no longer there I still would love for my child to attend BTW because of its oppprtunities, legacy, and family tradition for 3 generations. Go Bulldogs!

Posted October 28, 2005
- a former student
At Washington High school everything is great. Im not a parent Im a old student of the school. This school has always been prepared for what every is there to come, Whether its the GHSGT We were always prepared and has always started at the beginging of the school year in my classes. Dr.S.Kilgore is the best principle a school can ever have shes on the job and making sure every thing gets done perfect shes just outstanding. The teachers are great as well esspecialy Mr.Garner, and Mr.Hardnet these two teachers make school fun and ready to come back each and every day. The extracurricular activities are awesome along with the coaches. When there is something going on at the school the parents are most involed they wanted to know every thing about their kids. Thats why this school to me is number one because everyone makes it that way.

Posted September 13, 2005
Dr. S. Kilgore there will never be another one like her. she was wonderful. She was a mom to my chld. She listened and made sure she had a response. She handled everything effectively,she's just remarkable and I love her for that. When my child left school due to becoming pregnant she told my child that there would be a place there for her when she was to return because she knew my child was returning. She believed in my child and that is what makes her wonderful.the teachers at washington were awesome. they made sure they taught the lesson and got the information through to the children. The cheerleaders were good and the football team and the basketball team. I love everything about washington high.

Washington High School Senior Academy 4

Posted November 20, 2004
- a former student
When the parents get involved, thats when BTW will become a better institution. So many of the students struggle. It is arduous for them to succeed without their parents. It's not the principal or the faculties fault that a students does not make progress.It is up to the parents and their students. Parents can't complain when they are not involved.

Washington High School Senior Academy 1

Posted May 20, 2004
Booker T. Washington High school must get rid of its principal for the school to succeed. We continuously receive a poor quality of teachers. Some are good; but most are inadequate in preparing our chldren for test. While other schools prepare their children at the beginning of the school year, B. T. Washington high prepares its student one or two months before The GHSGT and other tests. Although BTW has tutoring on Saturdays, many of the instructors do not show up and often disappoint the children with frequent absences. The principal has been here too long and uses threats on the students to 'act right' when company is in the building.

Posted April 10, 2004

Washington High School Senior Academy
45 Whitehouse Dr SW, Atlanta, GA  30314
Last modified Washington High School Senior Academy is a Public school that serves grades 10-12
Washington High School Senior Academy Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 9 reviews. Top