Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (1 response)

Amount of homework: Disagree

There was at least 45min-and hour of homework every night for my 1st grader. The kindergarteners were expected to write essays. This is not age-appropriate and a sure way to backfire and cause resentment in children in regards to doing school work.

Develops character: Neutral

I think in order to develop these things, the staff needs to know the children as people - not as assignment grades and test scores.

We were super excited about our son going to Kindezi. Their marketing boasted of : Small class sizes, social-emotional health, holistic learning environment, and differentiated learning. We did not experience this. Class size: KIndezi advertises 6-8 kids per class, but there aren't actually 6-8 kids in a classroom. Each room has 2 classes of 6-8 and 2 teachers. So it is really 12-16 kids in a class with 2 teachers. Sometimes one teacher is not there (lunch, meetings, etc). 12-16 isn't bad - but I think it's misleading to say that they have classes of 6-8. Diff. Learning: His teachers treated him like something on a conveyer belt. He has been reading since he was 2 1/2 - and they put him in a lower reading class because he didn't pass the inferencing part of the reading test. According to all the experts I consulted, this is not age appropriate for a 1st grader. He started hating reading because they would read the exact same book every single day for 2 weeks. In Science, he received a 0 because he forgot to put his name on his paper. Apparently, she didn't know he did it. If she only has 6-8 kids, how can she not see who is doing their work and who isn't? Socio-Emotional Health: Many kids who attend come from environments that are not supportive and loving. They come to school with this emotional trauma. Instead of having experts on staff to deal with this dynamic, the staff was not effective in addressing it. I saw a middle-school girl getting *told off* in a very mean and degrading way by her mom in front of her class while the teacher and vp stood by and nodded in agreement. Also, there is a disciplinary room called the *recovery room*. It is really In school suspension. I had a meeting with the principal about it (several, actually). She said that she didn't like the room either. Well, why doesn't she get rid of it? I have no idea. Holistic- learning environment: No. The test scores are really good - because they teach to the test. We spent a lot of time trying to help the school become more of what we think is better (for ALL kids). We got MAJOR resistance. We were accused of trying to turn the school into a "private school". I was accused of being "entitled" (because I expected my concerns to be met ). And the principal actually told us to go to another school if we weren't happy. Well, we did.

My children and I love The Kindezi School! The teachers are simply amazing. They challenge the students on an individual level, and work with them to develop their character. My children learn so much through hands on classroom opportunities, and monthly field trips. The administrative staff go above and beyond to create academic and cultural experiences that make us so proud that we are a part of The Kindezi School!

The Kindezi School is a great family orientated school. We focus on integrating the arts and culture throughout the curriculum and classroom experiences. At Kindezi, all the teacher know all of the children and all of the children know each other. We focus on the needs of the whole Child, their social and emotional nee they will live in. ds as well as academics to prepare them for the world their future. All the teachera are great and it is a pleasant place to work. I love Kindezi!!!

This is an amazing community! We are so impressed with our daughter experience at Kindezi. The teachers are capable and caring. The kids are curious and encourage one another Mr. Dean and staff are wonderful. There is Parents Cafe every morning which I love! Its a great way to stay connected and get to know other parents. There is also Saturday play group. I had some concerns about safety last year the neighborhood is a bit sketchy, but the school has made improvements. Im so glad we are here. Its really more than a school its a community! S

My child is in the new middle school at Kindezi. We have been at the school since it opened 4 years ago and still love it - the teachers, their dedication to their students just cannot be surpassed by any other school in my opinion. It is truly a family environment, one where students are expected to continue to not only learn and progress but to holistically grow into wonderful people. If you are looking for a school where teachers, office staff, and the principal actually know and love your child and are committed to teaching them, then you cannot go wrong with Kindezi. They are currently a K-6 school (2013/2014 school year) and will eventually be a K-8 school. They have also moved into the old White Elementary school building on Detroit Ave not far from their original location of 98 Anderson Ave.

6 kids per teacher and no bullying allowed. We have a 4th grader and a kindergartener attending Kindezi - both are excited to go to school every day. Teachers are highly educated, highly motivated, and carefully selected. Our kids are thriving, as evidenced by happy attitudes, thirst for learning and phenomenal test scores.

Last modified The Kindezi School is a Charter school that serves grades K-6. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 9 out of 10 based on academic quality.