Public charter
After care: No

Posted February 24, 2015
I love this school my son has leadership and the knowledge of an 11th grader

Posted February 20, 2015
I've been an AHCS parent since last school year. When my kids entered Atlanta Heights, they came from an independent school whose curriculum did not match other schools. Upon testing, 2 out of 3 of my kids barely scored high enough to be placed in their right grade levels. Unfortunately, one of my children's reading levels were 2-3 levels behind. We were not sure if he waa gping to paas the CRCT. The teachers, deans , and staff collectively worked with my kids. By the end of the school year, all of my kids passed the CRCT & are in grade level. My oldest son is among the first 8th grade class to graduate AHCS. The teachers & administrators push thw scholars to be the best & to strive beyond high school. I also love the compassion that they have for AHCS & motto of the school. I could not have picked a better school for my family.

Atlanta Heights Charter School 4

Posted August 01, 2014
I attended the parent meet & great last night. The school has a different feel. I'm excited about dis year.

Posted August 01, 2014
As an educator, I have worked with many schools. I like how Ms. High interacts with her staff and parents. She's extremely knowledgeable. Although she didn't choose me to provide training for her staff, I love to see leaders that are passionate about their job.

Posted August 01, 2014
Atlanta heights is gonna be alright . I won a gift certificate last night at the parent meet & greet. Just in time for tax free weekend.

Posted June 27, 2014
My sister goes to this school. She love it and They love her. When I go over there they seem very, very friendly and professional.

Posted June 23, 2014
Is rate it with a no star rating but it won't allow it. This charter school did nothing more than handicap my sons learning. It was one of the worse decisions in his education I've made. I transferred him to public school which I should have let him attend from the beginning. Torchuring him in this school was awful for the family. I wouldn't waste my time if I were a parent reading this looking for referrals.

Posted May 09, 2014
where are the metrics that show this school is outperforming most other feeder schools it pulls from....mere words show nothing. Why is parent involvement so low???is it because there are a select few parents whom you have not seemingly ticked off with your administrative issues?

Posted May 07, 2014
Sadly one of the worst run charters around. The students are poorly behaved and the cops have not only been called for student fights, but yes... parent fights. I did NOT feel safe leaving my child there. Administrators do NOT expel students who need to go. My child came home in tears as kids verbally and physically attacked her, and they got a "talking to" and that was it. The scores are ver low and admin is so weak that its a joke. The principal often just "isn't in" aka she is no where to be seen MOST of the time. They put on a good show on tours I learned because it is NOT what happens daily. The positive posts are written by admin (I was told this directly by two teachers). I pulled my child and now she is excelling. Please do not fall for their smoke and mirrors!

Atlanta Heights Charter School 4

Posted April 29, 2014
Ingrediants: 1) Dedicated staff of hard working skilled educators. 2) Intelligent student scholars who strive to broaden and sharpen their skills on daily basis. 3) A tested mdoel of academic excellence. 4) A commited school board who places the utmost value on a child's education and continually asks the question, "are we doing what is best for our scholars?" This is the recipe for school succes and student achievement that is Atlanta Heights Charter School

Atlanta Heights Charter School
3712 Martin Luther King Jr Dr SW, Atlanta, GA  30331
Last modified Atlanta Heights Charter School is a Charter school that serves grades K-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 2 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Atlanta Heights Charter School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 27 reviews. Top