Public charter
Atlanta, GA

Posted July 30, 2014
This school should be shut down immediately. Children are in danger here. The teachers are incompetent and the administration is even worse. There are much better options in the public school system.

Posted July 30, 2014
I absolutely hate this school! I asked for help for my youngest child they waited almost till half the school year was over before he started receiving help. His teacher was always in a rush and came to meetings unprepared. Needless to say I'm glad my child is no longer at this school maybe now he can get the help that's needed in a timely matter.

Intown Charter Academy 4

Posted June 19, 2014
I love this school. This was my children's first year. I loved that there are grades k-8. The staff is very friendly and the leadership is caring! The the teachers tend to seek out the gifting in my children and cater to and develope those areas in my child. I was pleased!!

Posted March 23, 2014
My child is struggling so bad in this school, his grades have went down, discipline problems, less homework, i have tried everything, i put him in the after school music program, he comes home and tell me how terrible this class is, they don't teach or have programs that motivate these children.

Intown Charter Academy 4

Posted August 07, 2013
This is my daughter's first year at this school and I absolutely love it! This school offers many programs that were not available to her at her other public school, including great after-school programs, lots of health initiatives, mandated parental involvement, zero tolerance policy regarding discipline and structure that is hard to find in this area. As both a teacher and parent in a prominent school district, I understand the process of transitioning and know that with changes in administration, there is always unrest initially. However, I truly believe in Mr. Dunn's vision and direction that the school is headed in. I have volunteered numerous times in the classroom already and I've not observed anything that would cause me to feel that my child is in any danger, nor that her education is being compromised at this school. Again, as a teacher in another district, I understand parents' fears regarding instability, but during transitional periods these things happen. I would encourage everyone to give things time to work.

Posted June 07, 2013
This school is not what it once was. It is too unstable, and now it is dangerous. All of the teachers have left, we had enough.

Posted August 01, 2012
3rd week of school and I love it already. Not in the best area but the kids come from all over the are. Great Leadership and I love the 3rd grade teachers. I brought my kids over from a top ranking private school and I must say I am impressed.Lots of activities for the kids to choose from.

Posted July 18, 2011
Excellent School! Exemplary Leadership, Clean, Safe, Academic Rigor, Positive Energy, Effective Instruction, Respectful Students and Staff, and Nurturing Learning Environment. Great place for a K-8 student!

Posted July 18, 2011
Intown Academy is off to a great start this 2011-2012 school year. The new principal is awesome. She has IB leadership experience and has hired additional staff that is highly qualified. Anyone not familiar with the Intown Academy must visit this school to see all the great things going on. The school currently is K-7 and will be adding 8th grade next year to be a K-8 school choice option.

Intown Charter Academy 3

Posted July 17, 2011
Intown's first year was uneven. Some parents lost patience with the principal and some teachers, while other parents (like me) saw their kids nurtured and developed. I wanted to see more consistency in its academics, and I wanted to see real leadership from the principal. I didn't see those things, but I did see a small but dedicated group of committed parents who gave a lot of their time and energy to the children. Now, Intown is going into its second year, with a new principal and many new, committed teachers. The school will apply for International Baccalaureate certification, and the new principal has a great deal of IB experience. Some of those committed parents are returning, too. I'm excited at the prospects of this new year, and I'm glad we stuck with Intown.

Intown Charter Academy
386 Pine St NE, Atlanta, GA  30308
Last modified Intown Charter Academy is a Charter school that serves grades K-7. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 3 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Intown Charter Academy Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 11 reviews. Top