Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Don't know (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Ineffective (1 response)

Posted February 26, 2016
As a parent of Ivy Prep, I love the school overall. Do we have difficult situations? Of course, what school doesn't! We may not be perfect, but teachers and staff truly care and love our scholars. I have three daughters that attend this school. All of my daughters love their teachers. The teachers communicate with me daily about their academics and struggles. My daughters have a great relationships and built trust with their teachers. My oldest has an IEP and Ivy has helped her more than her former school. The teachers and IEP team have been patient with my daughter and have built her confidence and self-esteem. She now believes in herself more than she ever has. My other two daughters are also excelling very well. Teachers are very engaged and go above and beyond for their scholars.

Ivy Prep Academy At Kirkwood For Girls School 1

Posted February 22, 2016
Worst school ever! I should have known from the staff behavior at the New Scholar ceremony. They made no effort to approach parents to welcome them, no eye contact. Very aloof. It's been downhill ever since. There was more emphasis on the consequences of bad behavior and inappropriate dress than how they would assist student goals and achievement. The staff is rude. The teachers, save one or two that I have encountered, are rude and don't treat students with respect. How can you expect to get the best out of your students if you cannot show the same common courtesies you expect to receive from them? The teachers are supposed to use e-Class to post assignments. They don't. The lack of communication is astounding. Thankfully, I have a responsible student otherwise, she would fail miserably at this horrible institution. If the teachers would use the resources given to them and communicate with the parents, I would give higher praise. If every time I asked a question of the faculty and didn't get "Why do you need to know" in response, I would give higher praise. If every time they fell down and I didn't get a lame excuse as a response, I would give higher praise. I am an engaged and supportive parent. I wanted to love this school. It's a shame I cannot.

Teacher effectiveness: Ineffective

Posted February 22, 2016
Teachers are rude, disrespectful and punish the many for the behavior of a few. I cannot tell you how many times my child told me she raised her hand in class only to be ignored. To have gone to the teacher for assistance only to be told it's in the material. Really? When a child asks for help, it's your job to stop, pay attention and provide guidance. My child is getting A's not because of the teacher, but because I finally gave up trying to reach the teacher and hired a tutor.

Amount of homework: Don't know

Posted February 22, 2016
Honestly, if they bothered to post assignments I might feel differently. I've made it clear I am an engaged parent. I want to know what the focus is in class. I want to know what assignments are given and when they are due. I want to know that if my child has a question on an assignment, she will get an answer and not the brush off. Don't squelch the thirst for knowledge and the desire to exceed!

Ivy Prep Academy At Kirkwood For Girls School 3

Posted May 12, 2015
This is my daughter's first year at Ivy Prep and I am pleased with what I have experienced this year. Her teacher is awesome! The teachers are tasked with a pretty difficult job with teaching kids that are below average to exceeding. Despite that struggle and the time commitment she has remained steadfast in ensuring that each girl is successful. Are there issues, of course, as with any public school. However, the vision of this school is evident. I agree with what others have said, parent involvement is key for any school to be successful. If you are looking for a great alternative to what Dekalb, Fulton and APS has to offer Ivy Prep is a great choice. If we could get more families that are like-minded the more successful this school will become.

Ivy Prep Academy At Kirkwood For Girls School 5

Posted April 17, 2015
Ivy prep its a good school that give your kids the ability to be independent & to strive for success without being bullie & i love its its all the same gender in the classroom that way your girl child can focus on work not a boy crush in classroom & the uniforms are professional looking & the 3 teacher my scholar have had was excellent especially mrs carter the first grade teacher

Posted March 27, 2015
Our daughter attends kindergarten at Ivy Prep. It is working well for her. The teacher is engaging but firm. They have many practices that encourage good citizenship and cooperation and the like. Certainly for kindergarten it is a fine choice.

Ivy Prep Academy At Kirkwood For Girls School 5

Posted October 16, 2014
My daugther's school Iny Prep Academy at Kirkwood for Girls is awesome! I love the culture and atmosphere of the school and how they show a genuine interest in my daughter's education. The uniforms are excellent and professional but the most important aspect is the cirriculum gearing my child for college and making sure that she's ready!

Posted August 04, 2014
This is my first year at Ivy Prep. I must say that it does take a village to raise a child. I see a lot of negative comments below and as one of the parent's said: Are you gonna be a part of the problem or part of the solution? Coming from school up north, I have seen the difference in kids who have parents that care and those who don't. With what I saw for my first day, the only issues I've encountered are the parents, the uniforms being expensive, and some disorganization going on. The "Body". Parents, students and teachers should always be working together. The quality of the uniforms are what I would expect from a brand like Lands End so in a sense, this is truly a good thing. As far as organization -it's a FREE Public school! If you are good at organizing help the school out! They are wearing multiple hats for free trying to make sure our kids are able to have a good education. Coming from a non profit whose department raises over 60 mil a year - I for one will do my best to make sure I help the kids at Ivy succeed. Any successful school has 3 things helping it; Parent involvement, funding, and resources - if you are a parent - be that for Ivy. .

Ivy Prep Academy At Kirkwood For Girls School 1

Posted May 14, 2014
I used to really enjoy this school and what they stood for. This past year has been terrible and I can not speak for all teachers but I am thoroughly upset that my son has been BULLIED all year long and I have wrote emails, I have spoken to the Vice principle, and my son's teacher and have even tried to set up a parent meeting. He has been hit on, knocked down, poked with pencils, food thrown in his face, and nothing to date has been done.Then I am told that there can be an investigation done but there needs to be documentation. The teacher who I will not disclose her name has seen this happening and has yet to report it according to the VP of the school. My son opened his mouth and threatened this kid and has now been suspended because of the threat. This is very upsetting because I have been to the school countless of times and nothing has been done. Sad...You send your kids to what you believe to be a good school and they are not protected but when they do stand up for themselves they are once again victimized, teaching them that they are not safe. I will not apologize for this post and will continue to post reviews on other sites. The Zero Tolerance policy only applies to some.

1807 Memorial Dr Se, Atlanta, GA  30317
Last modified Ivy Prep Academy At Kirkwood For Girls School is a Charter school that serves grades K-7. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 3 out of 10 based on academic quality.