Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Neutral (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Neutral (1 response)

Effective school leaders: Strongly agree

There is a new principle and all new staff; they are wonderful.

Amount of homework: Strongly agree

Easy to access; they are utilizing technology more inside and out of the classroom. It appeals to children's learning styles.

Communication is great; teachers and staff have been polite (there is a whole new staff this year). My child appears to be learning and seems to enjoy learning. They are making positive changes under the new administration.

As a parent of Ivy Prep, I love the school overall. Do we have difficult situations? Of course, what school doesn't! We may not be perfect, but teachers and staff truly care and love our scholars. I have three daughters that attend this school. All of my daughters love their teachers. The teachers communicate with me daily about their academics and struggles. My daughters have a great relationships and built trust with their teachers. My oldest has an IEP and Ivy has helped her more than her former school. The teachers and IEP team have been patient with my daughter and have built her confidence and self-esteem. She now believes in herself more than she ever has. My other two daughters are also excelling very well. Teachers are very engaged and go above and beyond for their scholars.

Worst school ever! I should have known from the staff behavior at the New Scholar ceremony. They made no effort to approach parents to welcome them, no eye contact. Very aloof. It's been downhill ever since. There was more emphasis on the consequences of bad behavior and inappropriate dress than how they would assist student goals and achievement. The staff is rude. The teachers, save one or two that I have encountered, are rude and don't treat students with respect. How can you expect to get the best out of your students if you cannot show the same common courtesies you expect to receive from them? The teachers are supposed to use e-Class to post assignments. They don't. The lack of communication is astounding. Thankfully, I have a responsible student otherwise, she would fail miserably at this horrible institution. If the teachers would use the resources given to them and communicate with the parents, I would give higher praise. If every time I asked a question of the faculty and didn't get "Why do you need to know" in response, I would give higher praise. If every time they fell down and I didn't get a lame excuse as a response, I would give higher praise. I am an engaged and supportive parent. I wanted to love this school. It's a shame I cannot.

Teacher effectiveness: Disagree

Teachers are rude, disrespectful and punish the many for the behavior of a few. I cannot tell you how many times my child told me she raised her hand in class only to be ignored. To have gone to the teacher for assistance only to be told it's in the material. Really? When a child asks for help, it's your job to stop, pay attention and provide guidance. My child is getting A's not because of the teacher, but because I finally gave up trying to reach the teacher and hired a tutor.

Amount of homework: no rating

Honestly, if they bothered to post assignments I might feel differently. I've made it clear I am an engaged parent. I want to know what the focus is in class. I want to know what assignments are given and when they are due. I want to know that if my child has a question on an assignment, she will get an answer and not the brush off. Don't squelch the thirst for knowledge and the desire to exceed!

This is my daughter's first year at Ivy Prep and I am pleased with what I have experienced this year. Her teacher is awesome! The teachers are tasked with a pretty difficult job with teaching kids that are below average to exceeding. Despite that struggle and the time commitment she has remained steadfast in ensuring that each girl is successful. Are there issues, of course, as with any public school. However, the vision of this school is evident. I agree with what others have said, parent involvement is key for any school to be successful. If you are looking for a great alternative to what Dekalb, Fulton and APS has to offer Ivy Prep is a great choice. If we could get more families that are like-minded the more successful this school will become.

Ivy prep its a good school that give your kids the ability to be independent & to strive for success without being bullie & i love its its all the same gender in the classroom that way your girl child can focus on work not a boy crush in classroom & the uniforms are professional looking & the 3 teacher my scholar have had was excellent especially mrs carter the first grade teacher

Our daughter attends kindergarten at Ivy Prep. It is working well for her. The teacher is engaging but firm. They have many practices that encourage good citizenship and cooperation and the like. Certainly for kindergarten it is a fine choice.

Last modified Ivy Prep Academy At Kirkwood For Girls School is a Charter school that serves grades K-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 2 out of 10 based on academic quality.