Public charter
Atlanta, GA

Posted April 17, 2015
Ivy prep its a good school that give your kids the ability to be independent & to strive for success without being bullie & i love its its all the same gender in the classroom that way your girl child can focus on work not a boy crush in classroom & the uniforms are professional looking & the 3 teacher my scholar have had was excellent especially mrs carter the first grade teacher

Posted March 27, 2015
Our daughter attends kindergarten at Ivy Prep. It is working well for her. The teacher is engaging but firm. They have many practices that encourage good citizenship and cooperation and the like. Certainly for kindergarten it is a fine choice.

Posted October 16, 2014
My daugther's school Iny Prep Academy at Kirkwood for Girls is awesome! I love the culture and atmosphere of the school and how they show a genuine interest in my daughter's education. The uniforms are excellent and professional but the most important aspect is the cirriculum gearing my child for college and making sure that she's ready!

Posted August 04, 2014
This is my first year at Ivy Prep. I must say that it does take a village to raise a child. I see a lot of negative comments below and as one of the parent's said: Are you gonna be a part of the problem or part of the solution? Coming from school up north, I have seen the difference in kids who have parents that care and those who don't. With what I saw for my first day, the only issues I've encountered are the parents, the uniforms being expensive, and some disorganization going on. The "Body". Parents, students and teachers should always be working together. The quality of the uniforms are what I would expect from a brand like Lands End so in a sense, this is truly a good thing. As far as organization -it's a FREE Public school! If you are good at organizing help the school out! They are wearing multiple hats for free trying to make sure our kids are able to have a good education. Coming from a non profit whose department raises over 60 mil a year - I for one will do my best to make sure I help the kids at Ivy succeed. Any successful school has 3 things helping it; Parent involvement, funding, and resources - if you are a parent - be that for Ivy. .
4 people found this helpful

Ivy Prep Academy at Kirkwood for Girls School 1

Posted May 14, 2014
I used to really enjoy this school and what they stood for. This past year has been terrible and I can not speak for all teachers but I am thoroughly upset that my son has been BULLIED all year long and I have wrote emails, I have spoken to the Vice principle, and my son's teacher and have even tried to set up a parent meeting. He has been hit on, knocked down, poked with pencils, food thrown in his face, and nothing to date has been done.Then I am told that there can be an investigation done but there needs to be documentation. The teacher who I will not disclose her name has seen this happening and has yet to report it according to the VP of the school. My son opened his mouth and threatened this kid and has now been suspended because of the threat. This is very upsetting because I have been to the school countless of times and nothing has been done. Sad...You send your kids to what you believe to be a good school and they are not protected but when they do stand up for themselves they are once again victimized, teaching them that they are not safe. I will not apologize for this post and will continue to post reviews on other sites. The Zero Tolerance policy only applies to some.
8 people found this helpful

Posted May 03, 2014
I read the reviews posted by others. I'm a parent who also works in education. The point of charter is to give us a choice in our child's education. Not sure about others but my home school in DeKalb, Salem Middle, is HORRIBLE. I see the same parents volunteering. Some of them everyday. While others congregate in the parking lot with negative conversations about the school. A kid almost got hit the other morning because some mom didn't want to drop off in the car Lane. We have to be the first example of following rules with our kids. Can there be improvements? YES! This is a new school experiencing growing pains. We as parents could help the school out by making sure our girls are doing their part. The level of disrespect that I have witnessed is appalling. Let's be part of the solution, not the problem. Remember, Ivy is our choice. A better choice. Work in progress.
2 people found this helpful

Ivy Prep Academy at Kirkwood for Girls School 2

Posted March 19, 2014
had such high hopes for this school but continuious educational disruption due to high teacher turnover has lead to poor test scores and the girls are unrulely making learning difficult please think twice before sending your daughter to this school
4 people found this helpful

Posted March 18, 2014
My daughter loves IPA and so do I. This is her first year here, and I must say that I am pleased. I took a gamble pulling her from her previous school, but I have found a school where she is loved for who she is yet pushed to be a better her. I love, love, love her teacher!

Posted January 16, 2014
I am very pleased with IPA. This is my daughter's second year and although we had a stronger bond with her last year teacher, this year has gone been going well so far. True, as with most fairly new schools, there is room for improvement. But compared to the school we were zoned for, this is a far better choice! Hopefully next year there will be a better sense of stability. We feel like we never really know what's going to actually take place when we're told. With more parent involvement, I'm sure next year will be even better!

Posted October 03, 2013
This is the second year my daughter has attended. While it's not perfect, I am more than satisfied with the high level of curriculum, discipline, and strides made to continuously up the ante for the scholars education. Her classwork and homework are challenging and the expectation of excellence has been made clear to her by her teacher and administrators. I can't speak for the middle school grades, but the elementary grade teachers are great! The only thing I can say that concerns me is the lack of parental involvement. Because this is a charter school, parents had to make a conscious decision to enroll their child, so they more than understand that their participation is expected. Unfortunately, there is a disconnect between expectations and what is actually happening. If you're a parent who wants to give your child a fighting chance and understand that it may not happen at their traditional home school, give Ivy Prep a try!

Ivy Prep Academy at Kirkwood for Girls School
1807 Memorial Dr SE, Atlanta, GA  30317
Last modified Ivy Prep Academy at Kirkwood for Girls School is a Charter school that serves grades K-6. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 3 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Ivy Prep Academy at Kirkwood for Girls School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 17 reviews. Top