Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (3 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (3 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (5 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (5 responses)
Currently, most people answered Just right (5 responses)
Currently, most people answered Very effective (5 responses)
Currently, most people answered Teacher (2 responses)

Georgia Cyber Academy 5

Posted June 30, 2016
We used k12 for sixth grade. My son had been bullied in elementary and had to get therapy as a result. I decided to try k12 and loved it. he passed all his classes and passed the CRCT. When it was time for 7th grade he decided he was ready to go back to public school. I told him if he felt ready he could. We survived middle school. He is now on his way to high school and wanted to know if he could do k12 again if he felt he needed to. I assured him he could. Personally I love k12 and feel it's a good fit depending on the student and circumstances. I would definitely do it again if need be.

Georgia Cyber Academy 5

Posted May 28, 2016
After three successful but incredibly stressful semesters at an online public school in Gwinnett County, our 7th grader transferred to GCA mid-year. The GCA ramp up was so smooth and we had no less than three dedicated GCA employees assisting our launch. Our child is a dedicated student and was placed in the Advanced Learner Program based on test scores and report cards. It was also recommended that our child take Alg I & Phys Sci for high school credit in the 8th grade by our very helpful and certified homeroom teacher. (There are plenty of learning options for your child at this school as long as the shared information is read and students take advantage of all the offerings.) The way the curriculum and lectures are delivered works extremely well for my child and our family. The program is the state nuts and bolts with limited standardized testing (no DDA's or ITBS) and there is PLENTY of dedicated time during each school day to build on it in any way you choose. While we rarely attended meet ups, we continued with music lessons, church and team sports in our schedule and yet our children were not overloaded in the least bit as compared to our previous school where our entire family's schedule was dictated by non-age appropriate projects and work that needed so much adult assistance. I was delighted to hear that around 95-97% of the teachers are returning to GCA for 2016-17, and there are waiting lists for most grades. Also, there are numerous families with multiple children in differing grades enrolled at the same time. (At our previous school, two students would have been impossible to keep up with.) So, we enrolled our rising 6th grader too. Our children are very average, but they are good, active kids that do what is expected of them. It never took much of my time to guide them through the coursework if they stumbled. After our first successful spring semester at GCA, I can say fully that GCA is a solid choice for us for middle school. I'm so glad I had the guts to transfer and try something new and I wish so much that I'd done it sooner.

Grateful to: Teacher

Posted May 28, 2016
Heidi Hickman helped our family so much during our first semester. She personally called our house three times in the first week to ensure that we were making forward progress.

Teacher effectiveness: Very effective

Posted May 28, 2016
Our homeroom teacher was seasoned and knowledgeable and provided a LOT of guidance when considering high school courses for our 8th grader.

Amount of homework: Just right

Posted May 28, 2016
My 7th grader was done on most days by 1 pm or earlier. Typically, Fridays are dedicated to catching up or reviewing after team time.

Georgia Cyber Academy 3

Posted October 29, 2015
This is a great school to be in because everyone, and I mean everyone helps out each other in classes. The teachers try their best to get back to us in kmail in a timely manner, it just depends on how busy their day is. People can work at their own pace and they can also turn in assignments a week or two early unlike brick and mortar school. If students need retake a quiz or test for their subjects because they didn't get a good grade on it, they can ask their teacher to reset the quiz or test compared to brick and mortar where you only get one chance to take them. This school is a awesome school because you also get to meet new classmates and it doesn't really matter what grade you're in because the teachers only really know what grade you're in. I would recommend this school to others. The teachers need to help out a little more cuz my younger siblings go to this school and i graduated but they have been struggling since the school has changed the way they're teaching this year.

Grateful to: Teacher

Posted October 29, 2015
i am grateful to this teacher because they have helped out a lot better than other teachers

Teacher effectiveness: Somewhat effective

Posted October 29, 2015
they need to help the students out a lot more, especially if they need the help for any subjects they're struggling with

Amount of homework: Too much

Posted October 29, 2015
this is because the homework that's given out doesn't go along with the lessons that were gone over in class that day

Develops grit: Disagree

Posted October 29, 2015
i disagree because the teachers don't answer kmails in a timely manner and when students have classes the teachers go to fast for some people and they don't help out the students when they ask for help

503 Oak Place, Suite 540, Atlanta, GA  30349