Dekalb Elementary School Of The Arts 2

Posted September 03, 2014
This is a good school and we would have really liked to stay but another option opened up. When we listed the positives of both options, there was no comparison. We couldn't see how DESA would prepare our child for next level. The primary concern (for DESA) seems to be maintaining the high pass rate on the various standardized tests and it seems as though too much time is spent bringing children "up to speed". So if you've got a child already "at or above speed" there isn't much offered for them, no gifted studies, no accelerated studies, no Language studies, and no Orchestra are offered. The Administration and Staff are rock solid professionals and offer great customer service. The Principal was very approachable and friendly. I never had a second thought about my child's safety and well being.

Posted August 21, 2014
Good customer service. Great school spirit. This is our first year, but I feel as though this is a special place. Will update my review as time goes on

Posted April 29, 2014
this school is great for your little actor/singer/artist or musician. although starting in 4th grade you have to pick from the arts and one specialize in 2 (BUMMER) BUT my kid loves the violin teacher and the art teacher Ms Warner. I wish this school recycled though, doesn't seem to have a idea of running a green school, the cafeteria trays are made out of Styrofoam ewwwww and when you ask if there is a recycling bin you get looked at strangely . green it up DESA seriously

Posted April 29, 2014
Angel is 5yo. She absolutely love her Teachers & Friends. She is so happy to come home to show me the latest moves after practice. She has scored (761/900) 85% knowledge retained on the Standardized Testing and Reporting (STAR)

Posted September 25, 2013
Great school. I as a grandparent am concerned about the bullying that goes on there. My granddaughter has been a student there since 1st grade. She is now in 3rd grade. She has been bullied since she started. This issue of bulling has not been addressed school-wide. Maybe individually- of the whole school. Great school. Let's get on the ball DESA! Our kids are depending on us and you.

Posted September 22, 2013
This school is AMAZING!! I absolutely enjoy it! I have gotten so many opportunities, and learned so many new things! It is a great school and i NEVER want to leave!!!!!!!!!!!! -Submitted by a Student

Posted August 24, 2011
I love this school. My daughter started in Kindergartin with Mrs. Giles and is now in the 2nd in Mr. Gilbert. The teacher s are wonderful!!!! My daughter loves learning and this school plays a HUGE part in it!!! The principal Mr. Powell shows a lot of care for the students and strives for success. He really has a gift of getting te parents to want to get involved :o)

Posted August 04, 2011
My daughter is in 5th grade this year, and has attended this school since kindergarten. Although all the staff is not perfect, I absolutely love the princial, Mr. Powell! He truly cares about the students & is always available to parents & students. I am happy to see this school's rating.

Posted July 23, 2011
I'm going to the school this year but my friend has been attending and she loves it she brags about it all the time she said she's a major at education she has one of the top scores in the school she's in discovery and she said the activities r fun and educational if u have not attended the school don't say that it is bad cause there is a lot 2 learn at the school especially education and what most kids came for the school, performing arts.

Posted March 06, 2011
I attend this school and while it has its problems that definitely need to be looked at, I am thoroughly shocked at the ugly reviews this school has recieved from PARENTS. No disrespect but honestly this is a very active school. I am a member of Shows to Go, BETA club, Student Council, and Discovery amongst a substantial amount of classes. I think before you post an ugly review of the school you should at least try to find out what's actually going on. You need to have your facts strait first.

Dekalb Elementary School Of The Arts
797 Fayetteville Rd SE, Atlanta, GA  30316
Last modified Dekalb Elementary School Of The Arts is a Public school that serves grades K-7. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 8 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Dekalb Elementary School Of The Arts Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 26 reviews. Top