Posted October 21, 2014
Sagamore was selected to pursue STEM certification and will be STEM certified in 2015. This means extensive training for all teachers, more technology for students, after school science, computer programming and engineering clubs, improved garden and outdoor spaces and partnerships with corporations to bring real-life STEM lessons into the classrooms. This is in addition to the math team, science night and science Olympiad team the school already has. Students, teachers and parents are all really excited about this new opportunity for the school. Of course the arts program remains really strong with full time art and music teachers that provide art and music every week, an annual art show as well as band, strings, chorus and the spring musical.

Posted March 26, 2014
Sagamore Hills Elementary school is a true community-oriented neighborhood school. Nestled within the boundaries of one of Atlanta's most beautiful, well-established neighborhoods, Sagamore Hills is a fantastic school, brimming with a team of fabulous teachers and staff supported by a strong network of active parents. Sagamore Hills teaches to all levels of educational abilities in a diverse demographic environment. In addition, the community feel is just something I have never been able to find anywhere else.

Posted March 07, 2014
Great teachers! Great Principal. Very close knit community and parent involvement makes all the difference at this great neighborhood school.

Posted March 07, 2014
Small community elementary school within the neighborhood. Great teachers and access to principal. Very interactive and open in terms of meeting individual student needs. Love the school and the people in the neighborhood.

Posted February 10, 2014
We love love love Sagamore Hills Elementary! The staff and everyone here are wonderful. My son is in Pre-K and has made so many friends and learned so much. He's becoming such a big kid here. I'm so happy with this school.

Posted December 18, 2013
I love this school my son came here for 5th grade and the teaching method is awesome my son came home talking about what he'd learn in Science class! and some of the others, this was the very first time I'd heard him come home speaking and engaging about what went on in school so thank you Sagamore Elementry!!

Posted September 27, 2013
The scholastic results are outstanding, but that is only one part that I love about Sagamore Hills Elementary. As a parent to a PRE-K student, I was a bit worried how he would like it and feel in this new environment, but he loves it. As a parent I always feel welcome and there is a great positive spirit going in the school that you cannot really put your finger on. It is just a very positive atmosphere where it feels like students and staff really enjoys the school.

Sagamore Hills Elementary School 1

Posted July 13, 2013
The diversity pie is a LIE!!!! And mentally the students and staff doesn't no how to handle certain situations dealing with different cultures and people feelings .The 5months we were there was the worst experience we ever had. O I almost forgot they will question your child without notifying you . If your not welcome there they will use their authority to force you out. I'M NOT JOKING IT HAPPENED TO ME!

Posted January 16, 2012
We have 3 children currently at Sagamore Hills (since Kindergarten), and find the neighborhood school a wonderful environment. The size is just right for kids to try everything it offers and actively participate. Teachers and administrators know the children and help get them get what they need to be successful. They should be well prepared for middle school and the real world! Another great thing about the size is that the kids and parents don't get lost or feel like a number. Everything they do counts and gets noticed.

Posted January 12, 2012
We have been at Sagamore for 4 years so far with 2 children. We couldnt be more satisfied. The school is very diverse and we love that all cultures are embraced. We have had positive experiences with all our teachers and our children have been well prepared. what I love most is that the teachers and principal welcome parental input, ideas and involvement. Sagamore is a true community school were we all participate in improving the education of our children.

Sagamore Hills Elementary School
1865 Alderbrook Rd NE, Atlanta, GA  30345
Last modified Sagamore Hills Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 6 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Sagamore Hills Elementary School Rating: 5 out of 5 based on 49 reviews. Top