Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Agree (4 responses)
Currently, most people answered Agree (3 responses)
Currently, most people answered Agree (2 responses)

The PTA involvement and teachers really make Montgomery feel like a true community school. The teachers and administration really care for the students. When needed, the PTA and parents really step up to get things done. I have 2 children at Montgomery and they both love learning and feel very nurtured.

Develops character: Agree

Montgomery instills honesty and fairness based on their curriculum and programs throughout the year. There are many programs regarding honesty, anti-bullying, and equality.

Develops character: Agree

They have a strong code of ethics and are very family oriented. This is really a community school with lots of parental involvement.

This was my daughter's first year at Montgomery Elementary, previously she attended charter school in Florida. Her second grade teacher was Ms. Soldan and she was the best. She is very patient, kind, understanding, thoughtful and firm when she needs to be. My daughter loved having her and I loved knowing that my daughter was in great hands. I am very grateful to have experienced my first year at Montgomery Elementary School with Ms. Soldan as my daughter's teacher.

I think the teachers at Montgomery do a phenomenal job educating the kids. I feel as if the school lacks diversity and there is minimal education about other cultures. They don't have a black history program but if my child went to another dekalb county school on the south end, they have them. I feel like the current principal, although African American does not engage with the African American parents and students the same way she does with the white students and parents. We're merely tolerated.

Develops character: Neutral

The administration has always and will always side the teacher and not listen to the child.

Montgomery is a great community school filled with strong families. Many of the teachers are loving and care about the success of your child. Unfortunately there are "bad apples" teaching there. If your child gets one of these teachers, it will be a difficult and challenging year for your child. The administration continues to do nothing with the information they have on these teachers and they continue to "teach."

This school has alot of bully's. my son is only 5 and people and teachers have been mean to him !!! Not a good reflection on dekalb county schools. My will be attending either private or another county! I think this school gets a lot of credit for what I don't see. Teachers communication skills at this school is very ineffective. Gladly moving out of this county schools.

Teacher effectiveness: Strongly agree

My daughter will be entering third grade this year and loves Montgomery. She has had excellent teachers and continues to thrive academically! Montgomery continues to exceed expectations!

I will agree that the old principal had issues but since she has retired the new principal has done well in her place. I will not discuss the issues we have with old principal, but the new one is doing well so far. He has made sure that the open positions were getting filled. The community support from parents is great and they have good programs like STEM.

Last modified Montgomery Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.