Montgomery Elementary School 4

Posted June 16, 2014
I will agree that the old principal had issues but since she has retired the new principal has done well in her place. I will not discuss the issues we have with old principal, but the new one is doing well so far. He has made sure that the open positions were getting filled. The community support from parents is great and they have good programs like STEM.

Posted January 24, 2014
We moved here from gwinnett and my son attended kindergarten up there. I was nervous as gwinnett was known for such great schools and they have more funding compared to dekalb. However, Montgomery is an awesome elementary! He is doing better than at gwinnett, and although they don't have as much technology as some gwinnett schools, they really care and want your child to succeed. My son just got back his Iowa testing scores and he was in the top 9 percent nationally, and that is a drastic improvement from him last year. It is as good as any private school for kids that age!

Posted January 08, 2014
Fabulous community school in North Brookhaven service North Brookhaven and Northwest Chamblee. Professional parents, extremely active PTA and excellent faculty. School is close to achieve STEAM (STEM plus Arts) certification. A private school quality education within a public school.

Posted November 12, 2013
Not sure why the one negative review - this school is top notch. A great community school and the highest rated school in Brookhaven. Rates as higher or higher than nearby Oak Grove, Vanderlyn, Sarah Smith, Austin, and Dunwoody Elementary Schools. The school is one of a few schools that is getting is STEM certification (Science Technology Engineering, Math). The building may be old, but what is inside of it is fantastic.

Posted November 11, 2013
Have three children at the school. Wonderful, neighborhood school situated in North Brookhaven. Caring faculty. Extremely active parent group. Top notch academics. This is one of the top schools in metro Atlanta.

Montgomery Elementary School 1

Posted May 21, 2013
My child and I have had a very negative experience at Montgomery this past year. I do believe there are some good teachers here and I have heard of some parents having a good experience, so my experience doesn't reflect the school as a whole, necessarily, but our particular experience has been very bad. I was very unhappy, as were many other parents in my child's class, with our teacher, but after numerous attempts at communication with her, as well as the principal, nothing was done to address my concerns. I repeatedly asked the principal to take action and nothing was ever done. The principal seemed like a nice person, but did not help me in the situation my child was in. My child has hated every day of school for the last year and he is not even 6 years old. I look forward to our last days at the school this week, because we are MOVING!!!!!!!!!!! There are many other negative things I could say, but want to be respectful of the purpose of this site/feedback, so I will refrain!

Posted September 06, 2012
Montgomery is terrific. We have been going here for 3+ years and love it. The teachers and staff are wonderful. High parent involvement and the PTA is super. I recommend Montgomery.

Posted September 05, 2012
I have four children in Montgomery and have found that grades K-4 are fantastic. Administration is solid and attentive, teachers are responsive, and the programs are flexible enough for all levels.

Posted September 05, 2012
My husband and I moved to the neighborhood we're in specifically for the Montgomery/Chamblee/Chamblee schools. What a great decision! Our children are thriving and absolutely love school and their teachers! I could not be Jasper with the amination, support of parents, and attention to special needs/IEP issues as well. We love Montgomery!

Posted July 30, 2011
I have 3 children at Mont. 2nd, 3rd grade and my oldest moving on to middle school. From year to year I have been impressed with the teachers instruction and the parent involvement is exceptional. We never once had a teacher I wish we hadn't. Dr. Silvers hires great teachers. One important fact is that Mont. does NOT teach for the test and our scores are always high. I have friends that need Tudors because their child was taught only for the test and not the curriculum. I can't imagine my children anywhere else.

Montgomery Elementary School
3995 Ashford Dunwoody Rd NE, Atlanta, GA  30319
Last modified Montgomery Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 9 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Montgomery Elementary School Rating: 5 out of 5 based on 28 reviews. Top