M. A. Jones Elementary School 4

Posted May 21, 2012
This school is great. The teachers and administration are dedicated to the cause of making our children leaders.

M. A. Jones Elementary School 2

Posted September 16, 2011
Thiss my son second year of school, I volunteer in the class room, on PTA, and the other parent is correct about the PTA meetings. They don't want to hear parents input or do the teachers, even if u are there everyday to volunteer. I figure if you're in the classroom u can see what your child and other students are lacking. I suggest hands on science projects, that never happened, etc for each subject and agreed to pay out of pocket. I did all the procedures, request to administrative in writing but nothing happened. Not alot of parental in PTA because parents have no input, even if they request something to staff, your input is still not carried out. Last year!

Posted April 22, 2010
They have a wonderful learning program,my kids have learned a lot since they have been there.I am very pleased!

Posted April 09, 2010
My son has attended MAJ since pre-K. He is currently in the 2nd grade. I feel that the teachers are very dedicated and all of his instructors anyway, have always gone above and beyond in caring for and educating the students. It is a beautiful school and has a nice new playground that was built last year. The only drawbacks to MAJ are the lack of parental involvement, and really I don't feel that this is the parent's fault. PTA is basically a joke at MAJ as all they do is invite you out to hear about the CRCT and maybe eat something. I wish that the school would let parents be more involved but it seems as if they don't want any parental input and would rather just do what they want to do, especially since the new principal Ms. Woolfolk has arrived.

Posted July 09, 2008
Thank heaven for a teacher/educator as Mr. Gale at Jones elementary on Fair st. my grandson is well cared for there and education is there top priority,and the kids well being. grandmother Ms. Biggs

Posted October 04, 2007
I give the school 5 star its a good school

Posted September 28, 2007

Posted August 05, 2007

Posted August 16, 2005

Posted March 25, 2005
A very good school my child has learned a hold lot in just a little time. This staff take alot of time and patience to work very hard with my daudhter as well as myself. She is in the fifth grade and is reading on a 8th grade level Thank God is teachers out there that really care about their students! Mr.Neville/Miss.Love they are very excellent teachers & Mr.Goldman I really can go on an on with other teacher but I can only type a certain amount of words.

M. A. Jones Elementary School
1040 Fair St SW, Atlanta, GA  30314
Last modified M. A. Jones Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 3 out of 10 based on academic quality.
M. A. Jones Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 10 reviews. Top