Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Agree (3 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (4 responses)
Currently, most people answered Agree (3 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (3 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (3 responses)
Currently, most people answered Agree (3 responses)

We looked all over the city to find the right school for our child. Money was no obstacle - after all the research - HAWTHORNE was our first choice! We moved our family to be in this school. Come & visit - it's really unique! I challenge anyone to find a better school ITP!

We are so happy with our neighborhood school! We moved here this year. My children (K and 1st grade) love going to school and they are learning very quickly. The teachers and staff are wonderful! The teacher student ratio is very good. And they host a lot of fun community events to involve families. We appreciate the inclusion model of co-taught classrooms which allows our 1st grader (with special needs) to learn alongside her friends. She has been welcomed by her peers and I'm so glad both my children are enjoying new friendships this year.

Supports LD students: Strongly agree

Our family has a support team and we are blown away by how thorough and dedicated they are. Everyone is good at what they do and they truly care about their students. Everyone follows-through on the prescribed services and they keep us informed. Most of all, they have great communication between one another, so what is done in therapy is reinforced in the classroom and vice versa. Our child has made great progress in a few months with this team.

Effective school leaders: Strongly agree

They are AMAZING. They love this school and it shows...and their level of professionalism is very high.

Teacher effectiveness: Strongly agree

They are well trained, consistent, fair, and responsive. Most of all, they really care about their students and go above and beyond to keep us informed.

Develops character: Strongly agree

Because it's a small school, all the kids are known. So when a problem arises, they use it as a teaching tool, not demonizing the kid in trouble.

Amount of homework: Agree

It's age appropriate, tided to classroom activities and the amount/time it takes is reasonable.

Amount of homework: Neutral

I don't value homework. The amount hasn't been overwhelming, but I wish it was only occasional.

I can't say enough wonderful things about Hawthorne. Our family moved to Atlanta this spring and we spent four months touring the "best" private and public schools in the metro area. Given our child's needs, we chose Hawthorne because they have an inclusive education program that is unparalleled. Our team of teachers, psychologists and specialists is simply amazing...each person is talented, loving, easy to work with and dedicated. The principal and vice-principal are energetic and engaged...their school spirit and professionalism sets a great standard for everyone else. The level of instruction, technology integrations, aquaponics science lab, and school garden are all great... It's a hidden jewel.

This is a truly unique school. It has full-inclusion, co-taught classes for students with special needs and also an excellent gifted program. There is a wide range of income, nationality, and ethnicity. And yet it is a tight community. I am always astounded that every adult in the school seems to know my children by name, and I value that my children have such a wide variety of friends.

Last modified Hawthorne Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 5 out of 10 based on academic quality.