Bad
Good

I am a Franchel Foreman a student a Clifton i am in the 5th grade and i know that my school is a good one. Mrs.Bethea the principal is grate at her job and all of the student's love her.

Many years ago this school kept me for detention without notifying my parents. The whole drawn out ordeal left me abandoned at the school with noone but the janitor there, who ended up pulling my file and calling a relative to come get me. As an 8 year old it was a frightening experience. Just make sure your child has a way to be in touch (17 years ago, I didnt exactly have a cell phone.) Hope this place has shaped up since then. Other than that, it was a little disappointing to find out that I went there to learn keyboarding when I already was relatively proficient in computer hardware.

Clifton has high quality administrators, great staff and numerous extracurricular programs. The magnet program is phenomenal! My child is a gifted student who was getting into trouble at her home school because she was bored. Since moving her to Clifton two years ago, the discipline problems have vanished and for the first time, she is participating in after school activities, including the cheer team. This has been great exercise for her, and recently the dedicated coaches took them to Daytona Beach to compete, and they won first place in their division. Clifton recently formed a basketball team. At every game, the principal and assistant principal, Ms. Clay and Mr. Hines, have been in attendance. This school is like a big family, and believe me, Clifton welcomes parent involvement.

Well, I am so disappointed by the staff at this school. The teacher aren't being real teachers. Like one parent said, if we dont stay on top of the kids to wont do well. A parent is to be involved,however that is why we send them to school where they can get the help they need. When they send work home, I have a difficult time recalling some of the things the bring home.They dont send instructions.directions on how to do some of these assignments. Its dissapointing that teachers dont care and the principal doesn't care. I already have been to the Board of Education and they only defend themselves.

Clifton has made a lot of progress, is it my first choice no, but sometimes you have to make do with what is available in your community and thats what we did. The technology in the magnet program is phenomenal, I wish they challenged the children to use it more though. the principal is trying to encourage parent involvement, like I know they are having a family math night this evening serving free dinner, I hope alot of families show. Most parents have bought into the school uniform policy (required all days but Fridays) and it seems to have helped with the disciplinary problems, when kids look like somebody, they act like somebody! I wish Ms Clay luck and success with this school

I think the academic programs are great but there is not enough interaction unless you can be at the school every week interacting with your child's teacher, you're lost and if the child does not understand what he or she is being taught you as the parent have to take an active part in tutoring your child to improve their grades. It's a parent -participation affair. If you don't take an active part in being parent plus teacher, your child will suffer in this school. Parents definitely have to stay on their toes and become more active in their child's education here.

Last modified Clifton Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 2 out of 10 based on academic quality.