Bad
Good

I graduated from Frederick Douglass High School in 1982. I am a very active alumnus. The school still has so much to offer for the current students.

I went to Douglas back in the early 80's and it was very well structured. We had great teachers that did play, the principals were like our Fathers. But we had a lot of fun, pep rally's, we did musicals and we just had nice clean fun. Being in High School back then was fun and very educational. A lot of us are still great friends. It was truly a great experience.

Yes, I agree with most of the comments. Douglass truly staring falling ince Mr. Brown became the Principal. We went to the board and Dr. Augustine last year regarding him and they would not listen. We will now select a new Prinicipal and we all have to support in bringing the school back to order. Parents need to get involved and support the school Come and visit and see what you can do to help build the school back. It can happen but we need your support. Remember in numbers we have the power.

Seriously, the principal hit lucky on a million dollars and decided that he was going to leave. Although Mr. J. Austin-Brown wasn't doing so great in the leadership department he still had a role as the principal of a school that isn't getting great reviews. Since I was in Douglass the school was unorganized and it seem as if only one counselor truly cared about the student (Mrs. Strickland). Honestly the school needs a more efficient principal such that of Dr. Horton who characteristics were far beyond true leadership.

I am a student at doug. . I am ashamed to tell people the school I go to. I really wIsh that I was going to another school any EXECPT Douglas. when we had our homecoming prep rally people didnt even want to sing the school song and the past students were looking very disappointed. I thought Douglas was going to be a good school because of the things i heard but as i was up there its nothing like it!

Douglass need a new principals that care about kids and education.My son is a 11th grader so I know the school is failing the teacher cant do all by there self.Douglass football teams need new uniform the principal need to do some funraiser an involve the kids and parents.

This school has fallen down. The principal has no control over the school. Teacher moral is low and many are trying to leave the school. It is a shame for a school that was once a High School of Excellence.

Going to Douglass was an overwhelming experience for me. My peers were so cruel and the staff wasn't all that great either. I had no choice but to withdrawl. However the teachers were awesome. Ms. Turley-Moore, Ms. Watkins, Ms. Bradshaw, Mr. Muhaamad, and escpecially Mr. Thibault. I miss them all dearly. Going to Douglass taught me something, it taught me about life and the real world. If only others could listen to the message that the teachers are trying to get them to comprehend. It would make the school alot better if the kids acted like they had some home training. Now don't get me wrong some of the people were friendly, and were willing to help someone in distress. But think people, how many people do you meet like that in a life time?

I graduated from Douglass in 2007 and I can honestly say that there was a dramatic change when Mr. Brown arrived my senior year. Everything changed and he just seemed as if he was afraid of taking charge. He acted as if he never had a role that required leadership skills. Now my little sister goes to the school and she justisfies everything that I said about Mr. Brown. He seems as if he is scared of the children! But overall, Douglass is a great school (i just wish Douglass would get another principal) But Douglass made me the woman I am today and I am proud to say that I am a Douglass High Astro Alumni.

My daughter went to FDHS and graduated 2007. My son is a senior who will graduate 2009. In the beginning, under the direction of Dr. Horton, I was inspired and excited about my children attending. Dr. Horton was a man who got things done and his staff followed suit. Unfortunately, when Mr. Brown came to FDHS, things changed dramatically. Although Mr. Brown's ideals and beliefs are geniune, and he talks a good game, he just doesn't have what it takes to get the job done! This is also apparent with his staff who seem to have no respect for him, fellow colleagues, parents, or students. I am deeply disappointed that my son has not received the quality attention and care that my daughter did when we began at FDHS. As with my daughter, my son will continue on to college and I'm grateful for the help he did receive. Thanks.

Last modified Douglass High School is a Public school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 2 out of 10 based on academic quality.