Atlanta, GA

Posted February 14, 2012
My kids love this school! My son who has attention problems is thriving, getting straight A's! His teacher is excellent, he gets free violin lessons. My daughter is also excelling, her teacher is in-tune with her needs and both teachers communicate with us often. We moved here this year and I was surprise for a big city how small this public school is, everyone is friendly. When I go to visit I'm always greeted by staff and made to feel welcome. They have fun activities like movie night and a dance! I'm very happy with my kids education and experience at Cook!

Posted January 26, 2012
My daughter is thriving at Cook Elementary School! We are amazed to discover a hidden treasure here with serious, dedicated and professional educators! New principal has apparently turned this school around as our experience is great and we are excited to be here!

Cook Elementary School 1

Posted January 04, 2012
This school is just the worst. We took our daughter out after the first week. Her teacher was always on her cell phone and just straight up didn't seem to care. Her grammar was atrocious. Every time I went into the office the principal was just hanging out at the front desk like she was having lunch with her girlfriends. The school also doesn't have a playground. I would NOT recommend this school. If you have another option go for it.

Cook Elementary School 0

Posted June 27, 2007
Cook is a wonderful school which embraces all children and works hard to achieve each childs' and the schools success! Keep up the good work, Mr. Shelton and team!

Posted June 25, 2007
I just want to say that Cook Elementary, teachers, and staff 'far' exceeded my expectations. You would not understand the depth that they go to make sure that your childs getting what he/she needs in all areas of learning. If I could give Cook 10 stars I would because looking at from where they've come to where they are now is outstanding!

Cook Elementary School 4

Posted June 25, 2007
My child began in the middle of the school year at Cook Elementary. I found everyone from the administrative staff to teachers and principles to be very inviting. My child enjoyed an exceptional teacher, as well as extra curricular activities such as dance, bells and violin lessons. The principle is very active and motivated and accessible. We have had a very positive experience at Cook.

Posted May 30, 2007

Cook Elementary School 0

Posted May 30, 2007
As a teacher at Ed S. Cook Elementary School, I can honestly say that our school is one that has moved from GOOD to GREAT. Named a 2007 Georgia School of Excellence for gains in Reading and Math, Cook is a model school with outstanding teachers, parents, and students. We have met Adequate Yearly Progress on a regular basis, along with meeting our Targets set by the Atlanta Public School system. Our core instructional reading program is Success for All. Coupled with our Reading First initiative, students receive 120 minutes of intensive, needs-based instruction daily. The school boasts innumerable additional opportunities for students, including a Chess Program, daily Spanish instruction, research-based After School Programs, and so much more. The teachers and administration of Ed S. Cook Elementary are a group of individuals who are dedicated to providing the best education possible to each and every one of our students.

Cook Elementary School 4

Posted September 28, 2006
Our daughter started 3rd grade at Cook Elementary 6 weeks ago. I felt comfortable enrolling her after attending PTA meetings last year, and volunteering in the classroom occasionally to get acquainted with the school. Since she started, I only have positive things to say. The entire faculty and staff have been welcoming and positive. My child's teacher is excellent (she received last year's Teacher of the Year award for the school) and has welcomed my inquiries about my child's progress and adjustment to the new school. The principal has been welcoming and supportive to all of our new PTA efforts. They offer strings class, so my daughter is starting Violin lessons this week! The schools district boundaries have changed several times in the last 6 years, leading to some disruption in parent involvement, but that is starting to change - and I am doing my part to make that happen!

Posted July 28, 2005