Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (5 responses)
Currently, most people answered Just right (5 responses)
Currently, most people answered Very effective (5 responses)
Currently, most people answered Teacher (2 responses)

Grateful to: Teacher

Posted July 24, 2016
Ms. Patel is a very responsible and patient teacher. She cares for every student potential development

Posted July 24, 2016
This is a great school! My grandson didn't like the private school so we went to Briar Vista His teacher Miss Patel is so wonderfuland patient. He learned a lot there. Ms. Patel found my grandson's unique potential in even called The parent to make a decision to choose a school for my grandson's kindergarten because we have to move from Decatur.

Briar Vista Elementary School 2

Posted June 01, 2016
Principal puts up a positive face in the hallway, but when required to deal with a real problem, she's either ineffective or an absolute tyrant. I've seen her dress down staff member and parents in front of others, and she's quite often absent. Her "my way or the highway" attitude is very similar to bullying behavior we try to protect our children from. I hear many teachers are leaving. And, her command of the English Language is, well, quite limited.

Posted January 21, 2016
What a wonderful school! It has a great community feeling, and the principle knows each and every student personally. The teachers and other staff all seem terrific, but I have to mention Ms. Lakus in particular. We are a School Choice family in the Montessori program and we feel so grateful that we have that option. Although it's a bit of a drive to get our son into that classroom every day, it is so worth it! I have noticed that the Montessori parents seem particularly engaged with school events, which says a lot about the success of that program in a public setting. Another thing I really appreciate about the school is its diversity and inclusiveness. I think that an understanding of the value of all people, regardless of how they look or what backgrounds they have, is a lesson that is best taught through experience at a young age. Briar Vista has this element, which is a great "real world" complement to the academic training provided by their excellent teachers.

Grateful to: Teacher

Posted December 17, 2015
I'm so grateful for Ms. Lakus. She has been a phenomenal teacher. I'm not sure how she manages to effectively balance 1st-3rd graders, but she does. She has helped my shy daughter come out of her shell, and encouraged my child's passion for learning. Ms. Lakus is so poised, organized, and patient. She communicates very well with the children, but also with parents. She has been a fantastic highlight to our time at Briar Vista.

Posted December 17, 2015
Fantastic school. The administration are so helpful and actively engage parents and children in dialogue. I've personally witness the principal identify each child she sees by name. The faculty have a great demeanor and there are some real gems teaching in the Montessori program. The faculty within Montessori are energetic and teach with such passion. My daughter started in kindergarten (now first grader) and my son began in pre-K. They enjoy waking up everyday to attend school! They love their teachers and friends. My husband and I love the diversity among families. We love Briar Vista!!

Develops empathy: Strongly agree

Posted December 17, 2015
My children are in the Montessori program and for the 1st-3rd grade classes and the 4th and 5th grade classes the students are in a classroom together. I think this builds an environment for the children to care about their fellow students. The older children can mentor the younger children and teach them subjects they have mastered while feeling a sense of accomplishment and learning to help one another.

Posted December 17, 2015
My children are in the Montessori program at Briar Vista and the growth I have seen in them over the past two years is amazing. The teacher's have recognized their strength's and built on those but they have also recognized their weaknesses and have given suggestions on how they can improve. This school has such a caring environment and a focus on learning so much that my children are excited each day to go to school and to come home and share what they have learned.

Grateful to: Parent

Posted December 17, 2015
I would like to say thank you to all the wonderful teachers, staff, and principal at Briar Vista. When you walk through the doors of this school you instantly feel the love, are visually able to see the diversity, and you gain a sense of the dedication each and every staff member has to the education of these children. My family has been at Briar Vista for two years and my children have grown exponentially. There are not words enough to express my gratitude to all the wonderful staff so I simply have to say thank you!

Develops respect: Strongly agree

Posted December 17, 2015
The school celebrates diversity. As a strongly diverse school, the students learn to respect all cultures.

1131 Briar Vista Ter NE, Atlanta, GA  30324
Last modified Briar Vista Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5