Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (4 responses)
Currently, most people answered Just right (4 responses)
Currently, most people answered Very effective (4 responses)
Currently, most people answered Staff member (1 response)

Posted January 21, 2016
What a wonderful school! It has a great community feeling, and the principle knows each and every student personally. The teachers and other staff all seem terrific, but I have to mention Ms. Lakus in particular. We are a School Choice family in the Montessori program and we feel so grateful that we have that option. Although it's a bit of a drive to get our son into that classroom every day, it is so worth it! I have noticed that the Montessori parents seem particularly engaged with school events, which says a lot about the success of that program in a public setting. Another thing I really appreciate about the school is its diversity and inclusiveness. I think that an understanding of the value of all people, regardless of how they look or what backgrounds they have, is a lesson that is best taught through experience at a young age. Briar Vista has this element, which is a great "real world" complement to the academic training provided by their excellent teachers.

Grateful to: Teacher

Posted December 17, 2015
I'm so grateful for Ms. Lakus. She has been a phenomenal teacher. I'm not sure how she manages to effectively balance 1st-3rd graders, but she does. She has helped my shy daughter come out of her shell, and encouraged my child's passion for learning. Ms. Lakus is so poised, organized, and patient. She communicates very well with the children, but also with parents. She has been a fantastic highlight to our time at Briar Vista.

Posted December 17, 2015
Fantastic school. The administration are so helpful and actively engage parents and children in dialogue. I've personally witness the principal identify each child she sees by name. The faculty have a great demeanor and there are some real gems teaching in the Montessori program. The faculty within Montessori are energetic and teach with such passion. My daughter started in kindergarten (now first grader) and my son began in pre-K. They enjoy waking up everyday to attend school! They love their teachers and friends. My husband and I love the diversity among families. We love Briar Vista!!

Develops empathy: Strongly agree

Posted December 17, 2015
My children are in the Montessori program and for the 1st-3rd grade classes and the 4th and 5th grade classes the students are in a classroom together. I think this builds an environment for the children to care about their fellow students. The older children can mentor the younger children and teach them subjects they have mastered while feeling a sense of accomplishment and learning to help one another.

Posted December 17, 2015
My children are in the Montessori program at Briar Vista and the growth I have seen in them over the past two years is amazing. The teacher's have recognized their strength's and built on those but they have also recognized their weaknesses and have given suggestions on how they can improve. This school has such a caring environment and a focus on learning so much that my children are excited each day to go to school and to come home and share what they have learned.

Grateful to: Parent

Posted December 17, 2015
I would like to say thank you to all the wonderful teachers, staff, and principal at Briar Vista. When you walk through the doors of this school you instantly feel the love, are visually able to see the diversity, and you gain a sense of the dedication each and every staff member has to the education of these children. My family has been at Briar Vista for two years and my children have grown exponentially. There are not words enough to express my gratitude to all the wonderful staff so I simply have to say thank you!

Develops respect: Strongly agree

Posted December 17, 2015
The school celebrates diversity. As a strongly diverse school, the students learn to respect all cultures.

Posted December 17, 2015
My son's experience in the Kindergarten Montessori program has been wonderful. His teacher is engaging and dedicated, and he has been learning so much. I love that with the Montessori program, the students learn to work both as a group and independently. I'm looking forward to next year when he is in the multi-aged Montessori classroom. I love the diversity of the school. My son has been learning about different cultures from parents who come into his classroom and teach the students about their families' cultures and traditions. The PTO also has been working so hard doing great things for the school, such raising money for a new playground, black top, grant writing, and community outreach. In addition, the principle, Ms. Neill, is fantastic! She really has done amazing things for the school and the students. I do not think the GreatSchools score accurately reflects the great things going on at BVE. That is unfortunate.

Posted October 31, 2015
The Montessori program is experience. There is a lot of parental involvement, and the teachers are dedicated. The new principal is amazing. There have been a lot of improvements to the exterior of the school - a new playground and a new sign. The same great teachers are there, and the students seem so happy when you are walking through the building.

Briar Vista Elementary School 4

Posted May 15, 2015
This was our first year at the school, and I couldn't be happier with my son's Montessori experience in Kindergarten. The PTO is highly functional and such an asset to the school. Principal Neill is fantastic and has done great things for the school in the short time she has been here. The facility, especially the kids bathroom, could use a facelift, but they are working on that. This is such a great community school.

1131 Briar Vista Ter NE, Atlanta, GA  30324
Last modified Briar Vista Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5
Briar Vista Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 88 reviews. Top