Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Agree (5 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (6 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (6 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (2 responses)

My son was in the Montessori pre-k last year with Ms. Carter and loved it. The teachers were all great and seemed to really know my son and the best way to teach him. The principal is wonderful. Very personable and I can tell makes an effort to know each child in the school. We moved this year and are in a district with a higher great schools rating but would switch back to Briarvista in a heartbeat if it was logistically feasible for us. The school community and parent involvement is so strong. This is a great neighborhood Montessori school and I can tell it is only getting better. The rating on great schools does not do this school justice.

Supports LD students: Strongly agree

The school is inclusive. There are dedicated ESOL and Special Education teachers that work with the children. Also, the Montessori approach caters to children and how they learn.

Effective school leaders: Strongly agree

The principal is so dedicated to the school. She works hard to make BVE successful.

My family feels so lucky to have this wonderful school in our neighborhood! The Montessori program is outstanding. If for some reason, you have any reservations about the school, I would HIGHLY encourage you to visit the school and take a tour to see it for yourself. From the multi-aged classrooms, the focus on independent learning and responsibility, to the hands-on, student-centered approach to learning, I truly believe my son is learning and growing so much. Additionally, the school has so much diversity, which we love. The diversity is celebrated and respected in the school. The teachers we have had so far have been caring and highly-qualified. Ms. Neill, the principal is extremely involved in helping BVE to grow and become the best it can be. We LOVE BVE!

This is a great school! My grandson didn't like the private school so we went to Briar Vista His teacher Miss Patel is so wonderfuland patient. He learned a lot there. Ms. Patel found my grandson's unique potential in even called The parent to make a decision to choose a school for my grandson's kindergarten because we have to move from Decatur.

Principal puts up a positive face in the hallway, but when required to deal with a real problem, she's either ineffective or an absolute tyrant. I've seen her dress down staff member and parents in front of others, and she's quite often absent. Her "my way or the highway" attitude is very similar to bullying behavior we try to protect our children from. I hear many teachers are leaving. And, her command of the English Language is, well, quite limited.

What a wonderful school! It has a great community feeling, and the principle knows each and every student personally. The teachers and other staff all seem terrific, but I have to mention Ms. Lakus in particular. We are a School Choice family in the Montessori program and we feel so grateful that we have that option. Although it's a bit of a drive to get our son into that classroom every day, it is so worth it! I have noticed that the Montessori parents seem particularly engaged with school events, which says a lot about the success of that program in a public setting. Another thing I really appreciate about the school is its diversity and inclusiveness. I think that an understanding of the value of all people, regardless of how they look or what backgrounds they have, is a lesson that is best taught through experience at a young age. Briar Vista has this element, which is a great "real world" complement to the academic training provided by their excellent teachers.

Fantastic school. The administration are so helpful and actively engage parents and children in dialogue. I've personally witness the principal identify each child she sees by name. The faculty have a great demeanor and there are some real gems teaching in the Montessori program. The faculty within Montessori are energetic and teach with such passion. My daughter started in kindergarten (now first grader) and my son began in pre-K. They enjoy waking up everyday to attend school! They love their teachers and friends. My husband and I love the diversity among families. We love Briar Vista!!

My children are in the Montessori program at Briar Vista and the growth I have seen in them over the past two years is amazing. The teacher's have recognized their strength's and built on those but they have also recognized their weaknesses and have given suggestions on how they can improve. This school has such a caring environment and a focus on learning so much that my children are excited each day to go to school and to come home and share what they have learned.

The Montessori program is experience. There is a lot of parental involvement, and the teachers are dedicated. The new principal is amazing. There have been a lot of improvements to the exterior of the school - a new playground and a new sign. The same great teachers are there, and the students seem so happy when you are walking through the building.

Last modified Briar Vista Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 5 out of 10 based on academic quality.