Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Agree (5 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (5 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (5 responses)

This is a great school! My grandson didn't like the private school so we went to Briar Vista His teacher Miss Patel is so wonderfuland patient. He learned a lot there. Ms. Patel found my grandson's unique potential in even called The parent to make a decision to choose a school for my grandson's kindergarten because we have to move from Decatur.

Principal puts up a positive face in the hallway, but when required to deal with a real problem, she's either ineffective or an absolute tyrant. I've seen her dress down staff member and parents in front of others, and she's quite often absent. Her "my way or the highway" attitude is very similar to bullying behavior we try to protect our children from. I hear many teachers are leaving. And, her command of the English Language is, well, quite limited.

What a wonderful school! It has a great community feeling, and the principle knows each and every student personally. The teachers and other staff all seem terrific, but I have to mention Ms. Lakus in particular. We are a School Choice family in the Montessori program and we feel so grateful that we have that option. Although it's a bit of a drive to get our son into that classroom every day, it is so worth it! I have noticed that the Montessori parents seem particularly engaged with school events, which says a lot about the success of that program in a public setting. Another thing I really appreciate about the school is its diversity and inclusiveness. I think that an understanding of the value of all people, regardless of how they look or what backgrounds they have, is a lesson that is best taught through experience at a young age. Briar Vista has this element, which is a great "real world" complement to the academic training provided by their excellent teachers.

Fantastic school. The administration are so helpful and actively engage parents and children in dialogue. I've personally witness the principal identify each child she sees by name. The faculty have a great demeanor and there are some real gems teaching in the Montessori program. The faculty within Montessori are energetic and teach with such passion. My daughter started in kindergarten (now first grader) and my son began in pre-K. They enjoy waking up everyday to attend school! They love their teachers and friends. My husband and I love the diversity among families. We love Briar Vista!!

My children are in the Montessori program at Briar Vista and the growth I have seen in them over the past two years is amazing. The teacher's have recognized their strength's and built on those but they have also recognized their weaknesses and have given suggestions on how they can improve. This school has such a caring environment and a focus on learning so much that my children are excited each day to go to school and to come home and share what they have learned.

My son's experience in the Kindergarten Montessori program has been wonderful. His teacher is engaging and dedicated, and he has been learning so much. I love that with the Montessori program, the students learn to work both as a group and independently. I'm looking forward to next year when he is in the multi-aged Montessori classroom. I love the diversity of the school. My son has been learning about different cultures from parents who come into his classroom and teach the students about their families' cultures and traditions. The PTO also has been working so hard doing great things for the school, such raising money for a new playground, black top, grant writing, and community outreach. In addition, the principle, Ms. Neill, is fantastic! She really has done amazing things for the school and the students. I do not think the GreatSchools score accurately reflects the great things going on at BVE. That is unfortunate.

The Montessori program is experience. There is a lot of parental involvement, and the teachers are dedicated. The new principal is amazing. There have been a lot of improvements to the exterior of the school - a new playground and a new sign. The same great teachers are there, and the students seem so happy when you are walking through the building.

This was our first year at the school, and I couldn't be happier with my son's Montessori experience in Kindergarten. The PTO is highly functional and such an asset to the school. Principal Neill is fantastic and has done great things for the school in the short time she has been here. The facility, especially the kids bathroom, could use a facelift, but they are working on that. This is such a great community school.

My son is there for two years & my daughter just got admitted there in pre-K . It is great school & deserve better rating. I have to mention about Mrs. vina Black who help my son in his 3rd grade to get selected for Discovery program. The school needs fund for face lift. Great stuff over there.

Through my experience as a parent , I do like the school. My son also loves it and though he is non-native speaker, he develops himself significantly in a short time. The teachers are great, nice, committed, and helpful. Whenever I sent an email, I got the reply immediately. I would like also to praise the principal and her assistant for their great effort and support for students. When I registered my kid and see that greatschool.org rating it as 3 out of 10, I felt disappointed, but by experience I see the opposite and this school does deserve a higher score. All the best for this school, God bless its management, teachers, ESOL unit, and everybody

Last modified Briar Vista Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5