Atlanta, GA
Students enrolled: 1,072

Posted March 27, 2015
I feel that the administrators, especially the principal, focus too much on making this school a prison compound. They do not try to make this school a welcoming learning environment. Sure they have special visitors come every once in awhile which is really nice. But the day-to-day operation of the school is very negative. I feel the teachers, however, do the best they can with the pressure that is put on them. My child's all time favorite teacher was a math teacher here last year. My daughter never enjoyed math before until her freshman year. I even sat in on some of her classes and was really impressed with her algebra teacher. But to get to her classroom, I had to walk past the principal who was actually yelling at kids. I think she is better suited for a juvenile correctional facility than a school. Unfortunately, we found out that that math teacher did not continue to work at McNair after last year. My daughter was actually in tears the first day of school when she found out. And I bet that isn't the only really good teacher that left.

Posted December 14, 2014
This school lacks the proper leadership to run the school (2014). Most of the student behavior is good and the teachers work hard with the given tools. With the right leader, this school can overturn soon because the potentials are there.

Posted October 07, 2013
I hate my school t because the school the most difficult to indurable , the hallway be stick in traffic most the times, and the student the most negative

Mcnair High School 4

Posted October 07, 2012
it was excellent could make a couple of changes but overall Excellent has a wonderful teaching staff

Mcnair High School 4

Posted May 20, 2011
I love the teacher involvement, they really care about the students and always try to push them beyond their expectations. Im so thankful for them, not all teachers care.

Mcnair High School 0

Posted May 08, 2010
Overall I see improvement based on academics and interaction with faculty and students. The teachers I have met appeared genuinely interested in my son's academic progress and offered mentoring, gearing him towards college. Some students behavior leaves much still to be desired. Manners, etiquette, respect and grooming starts at home. Parents should not expect the school staff to raise their children and teach them those basics things. The school can only be as successful as the parent's committment and their involvement in their child's education and growth. Parental involvement and support at McNair High is poor. Parents do not support most school activities, programs or PTSA. Attendance at most functions are extremely low. However, should a problem arise they are quick to storm the school. We need parent and community involvement/support if we expect the school and students to meet their full potential and become successful leaders.

Mcnair High School 0

Posted April 28, 2010
There is absoultley no reason any should ever want to attend McNair - at all. Everyone at this school is absoutley insane - the kids never go to class and the staff is just a buddy-buddy with them liek they are there friends. no one here wants to succeed, not the students or the staff. You would have to seriously hate your child to send them here, it really doesn't get any worse.

Mcnair High School 5

Posted September 26, 2009

Mcnair High School 5

Posted January 01, 2009
This is the school I attend. The teachers are engaged in what the students do and have wonderful academies and great hands on activities.

Posted August 09, 2008

Mcnair High School
1804 Bouldercrest Rd SE, Atlanta, GA  30316
Last modified Mcnair High School is a Public school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 1 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Mcnair High School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 14 reviews. Top