Atlanta, GA

Posted August 17, 2015
I am quite surprised by the Great Schools rating. I have two children in this school and could not be happier. They both participate in the German immersion program. The teachers and parents involved in this school are amazing. The school gets better and better each year. Please don't pay attention to these Great school ratings. Check out the ratings or come see the school for yourself.

Posted June 11, 2015
We have two children at this school and have been very pleased. There is a real sense of community and school pride. I can't imagine a school with more parental involvement. The teachers truly care about the children. An added bonus is the opportunity for our kids to learn a second language in a dual immersion classroom. I never imagined my two children would be speaking German to each other, but after just one year in they are already able to converse. There is a lot of research showing that learning a second language as a child has tremendous life long benefits. I wouldn't allow this GS rating to scare you away. This is a great little neighborhood school with an incredible staff and amazing student body!

Posted May 10, 2015
I have 2 children at Ashford Park and I have been pleased with the level of rigor in the classroom and the expertise of the teachers. The teachers and administration are very warm and supportive. Great parent support. I love the small, community school feel.

Ashford Park Elementary School 1

Posted May 08, 2015
The administration team is not helpful and at times just out rude. You walk into the school and it smells like sewage. The principal pushed the teachers to teach to a test and not the child. I would not recommend this school or district.

Posted March 30, 2015
Our 3 children have been attending Ashford Park Elementary for the past 7 years. We can say without a doubt, it has been a great choice for our family. The administration, teachers and staff work together for the good of all the students. The PTA involvement continues to grow every year. The after school program is wonderful! This little school is a jewel among many bigger/fancier public & private schools in the area, if you live in the area and go elsewhere--you are missing out BIG time!

Posted January 15, 2015
The staff is absolutely fansastic! My daughter loves her classes, classmates and teachers and has tons of fun in the afterschool program with Coach Tate and his team. Lucky to be a part of this family!

Posted June 23, 2014
What really makes the school impressive is the level of parental involvement and support which only continues to improve as more and more people move into the surrounding n'hoods. It is one of the best neighborhood/parent supported schools, in my opinion, in all of DeKalb County.

Posted April 25, 2014
My child has been in the inaugural German Immersion program at Ashford Park, and I have to say, Das ist Ausgezeichnet! What an amazing opportunity, and a fun family adventure. I could not be more pleased with the teachers and parental commitment to the school. We are joyfully looking forward to the years ahead at our gem of a school.

Posted April 17, 2014
We love Ashford Park School and couldn't be happier with our decision to send our children to APES.

Posted October 28, 2013
We have just transferred to this school from the Cobb County School District (East Cobb). I have to say that I have been very happy with this school. I have a 2nd grader and he is doing better academically than ever. His teacher and the entire administration has been wonderful to work with. I feel that they truly care about each and every child and embrace their differences. I am very happy with the community and APS.

Ashford Park Elementary School
2968 Cravenridge Dr NE, Atlanta, GA  30319
Last modified Ashford Park Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 4 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Ashford Park Elementary School Rating: 5 out of 5 based on 54 reviews. Top