Public charter
Atlanta, GA
Students enrolled: 1,475

Posted August 25, 2015
So if your in High achievers or gifted or accelerated your in high praise. Team schiff was awesome for my child! But the down part is one of his teachers was mean. He got bad grades and that's why we moved he had a bad expirence and he didn't like it I don't really recommend it. Dress code is strict show one inch of your stomach or the back of your shirt is not tucked in you'll get a refferal! Don't recommend

Peachtree Middle School 2

Posted January 14, 2015
My child is an 8th grader at PCMS and has attended the school since 6th grade. We moved to the Dunwoody area because of the community and the "good" schools. The elementary schools are very good however the middle school is sub par. The teachers are not held accountable, do not always have a structured class/lesson and many are very lazy. There are some good teachers there but more bad than good. Students often times are considered a number and not treated fairly. There's still an extreme disparity in how students and parents of different socioeconomic, racial and family make-up classes are treated. The administration does not take bullying seriously and the need for safety at the school is taken for granted. My child is a high performer, very well-rounded individual and model student. Unfortunately, the time spent at Peachtree has left my student severely scarred. Take a long hard look at this school before considering to send your child there.

Peachtree Middle School 2

Posted January 06, 2015
It is shameful that Peachtree Middle gets a 5 out of 10 rating. Dekalb county school system and the administration and teachers need to be horrified that the school is rated so low by parents and students. One of the main concerns is the poor quality of teachers. The teachers need to be held to a higher accountability. The elementary schools in the Dunwoody area (Vanderlyn and Austin) get 10/10 ratings. Peachtree is the only middle school. Parents have the only option of sending their children to private school or moving to an area with better schools like Milton. Dunwoody has always been known as a nice place to live and good schools. Dekalb county school system needs to get the issues fixed at the middle school or parents and residents need to work to get administration and the school board moved out! Enough is enough and it's time for residents to make their voice heard and get the schools improved. Peachtree Middle built a new facility three years ago and now there are 8 portables in the front yard. Poor planning in the part of Dekalb county for future growth!!! We need a change in administration and staff at Dekalb county.

Posted September 30, 2014
In my honest opinion Peachtree is a really nice school. I've been attending for 3 years. I really like the teachers and many of the clubs they have to offer. Maybe some teachers are tough but, as far as I know if you do what you are told to you are fine. I really enjoy the 9 week art class they have to offer! P.E. department is okay. Running should be limited, but is not. Running the 6-8 laps isn't that bad.

Posted August 19, 2014
Teachers are not there to stay based on the new review process. They are evaluated on how they teach and coached and trained to improve. If that dies not happen there is an action plan for their dismissal. That is a new system as of 2014 and the teachers that want to improve embrace it. Teachers for the most part get into the profession because they want to make a difference since it certainly is not for the money. Peachtree has some teachers that are gems and at the end if the day it is what you as a patent make of it together with your student. Being involved in the school and with their homework makes a big difference. Getting to know their teachers and keep in communication with them is the key whether public or private.

Peachtree Middle School 3

Posted February 19, 2014
If you're in gifted classes, I think your child will be fine. However, in the high achiever classes, there's a large discrepancy in the quality of teachers. You might have a really good one for one subject and a really bad one for another subject. Nothing you can do about the bad teachers. They're there to stay.

Posted January 13, 2014
It is almost impossible to get any services. Token classes are assigned, but the assortment of children within these classes and the skill level of the teachers make individual work with these children impossible. A remedial reading class that tries to address dyslexic needs along with significant intellectual impairment is a disaster. IEP meeting after IEP meeting gets token verbal commentary, but will not address the recommendations given by the latest psychological, even though they paid for the test to be given.

Posted December 15, 2013
Honestly, the school is about average. I am currently enrolled in the gifted classes in this school, but I am not overly impressed. 6th grade was a nightmare for me, due to the lack of understanding between the teachers and their students, but who knows that might've just been me. 7th grade went very well, and I picked up all of my grades to high A's, though some teachers seemed almost incompetent to understand what they were doing wrong. Just minor things here and there, though. 8th grade is going well, and I have yet to judge this grade! First semester has gone quite well, though the 8th grade teachers seem to not fully understand the idea of homework. Last thing to mention - students that are not enrolled in the gifted classes tend to encounter unfriendly or hostile peers, both in high achievers and the general courses.

Peachtree Middle School 3

Posted October 30, 2012
Our experience so far is mixed. Our child has several teachers she likes, but also has one who discusses emails from everyone's parents in the classroom, in front of all students (even singled out one student's parents by name). Some teachers are limited in their teaching styles and can only effectively address one type of learner. I am hoping the administration will push them to grow and develop their skills to be more effective. Also, I get the sense that some lesson plans were developed a long time ago and are religiously adhered to, regardless of students' responses or the appropriateness of the material---the low average grades on many assignments should be a cause for concern, but I have yet to see any response/effort to change from the administration or the teachers. We are hoping we can stay in the school but are undecided right now.

Posted September 18, 2012
My son attended this school for 6th and 7th grade. It was a nightmare. Previous to coming here, he was an honor roll student, who always received high praises and comments from his teachers in regards to his behavior. There were two teachers in particular that made his life miserable. They sat in a conference with me and my child and degraded him the entire time. They had not ONE positive thing to say about him - while he was sitting right there in their presence. Their number one complaint was that he was out of compliance with the dress code. Not that he was fighting, or causing a disturbance in the class - but the dress code - his shirt tail was constantly out. My son literally hated school for 2 years. You can't expect a child to respond and learn when he feels that the enviroment is hostile. Ironically, I have spoken to other parents that have had the same experience. When I went to withdraw my child for this school year, two of the teachers very quietly told me that it was the absolute right thing to do. He is at a new school now and is flourishing. The teachers have nothing but nice things to say and he absoulutely loves the new learning enviroment.

Peachtree Middle School
4664 N Peachtree Rd, Atlanta, GA  30338
Last modified Peachtree Middle School is a Charter school that serves grades 6-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Peachtree Middle School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 25 reviews. Top