Public charter
Atlanta, GA

Posted September 30, 2014
In my honest opinion Peachtree is a really nice school. I've been attending for 3 years. I really like the teachers and many of the clubs they have to offer. Maybe some teachers are tough but, as far as I know if you do what you are told to you are fine. I really enjoy the 9 week art class they have to offer! P.E. department is okay. Running should be limited, but is not. Running the 6-8 laps isn't that bad.

Posted August 19, 2014
Teachers are not there to stay based on the new review process. They are evaluated on how they teach and coached and trained to improve. If that dies not happen there is an action plan for their dismissal. That is a new system as of 2014 and the teachers that want to improve embrace it. Teachers for the most part get into the profession because they want to make a difference since it certainly is not for the money. Peachtree has some teachers that are gems and at the end if the day it is what you as a patent make of it together with your student. Being involved in the school and with their homework makes a big difference. Getting to know their teachers and keep in communication with them is the key whether public or private.

Peachtree Middle School 3

Posted February 19, 2014
If you're in gifted classes, I think your child will be fine. However, in the high achiever classes, there's a large discrepancy in the quality of teachers. You might have a really good one for one subject and a really bad one for another subject. Nothing you can do about the bad teachers. They're there to stay.

Posted January 18, 2014
I would not in a million years send my child to this train wreck! It is a continuation of the circus from the local elementary schools. Please don't be fooled by this school being located in Dunwoody. Do your research , talk to parents !

Posted January 13, 2014
It is almost impossible to get any services. Token classes are assigned, but the assortment of children within these classes and the skill level of the teachers make individual work with these children impossible. A remedial reading class that tries to address dyslexic needs along with significant intellectual impairment is a disaster. IEP meeting after IEP meeting gets token verbal commentary, but will not address the recommendations given by the latest psychological, even though they paid for the test to be given.

Posted December 15, 2013
Honestly, the school is about average. I am currently enrolled in the gifted classes in this school, but I am not overly impressed. 6th grade was a nightmare for me, due to the lack of understanding between the teachers and their students, but who knows that might've just been me. 7th grade went very well, and I picked up all of my grades to high A's, though some teachers seemed almost incompetent to understand what they were doing wrong. Just minor things here and there, though. 8th grade is going well, and I have yet to judge this grade! First semester has gone quite well, though the 8th grade teachers seem to not fully understand the idea of homework. Last thing to mention - students that are not enrolled in the gifted classes tend to encounter unfriendly or hostile peers, both in high achievers and the general courses.

Peachtree Middle School 3

Posted October 30, 2012
Our experience so far is mixed. Our child has several teachers she likes, but also has one who discusses emails from everyone's parents in the classroom, in front of all students (even singled out one student's parents by name). Some teachers are limited in their teaching styles and can only effectively address one type of learner. I am hoping the administration will push them to grow and develop their skills to be more effective. Also, I get the sense that some lesson plans were developed a long time ago and are religiously adhered to, regardless of students' responses or the appropriateness of the material---the low average grades on many assignments should be a cause for concern, but I have yet to see any response/effort to change from the administration or the teachers. We are hoping we can stay in the school but are undecided right now.

Posted September 18, 2012
My son attended this school for 6th and 7th grade. It was a nightmare. Previous to coming here, he was an honor roll student, who always received high praises and comments from his teachers in regards to his behavior. There were two teachers in particular that made his life miserable. They sat in a conference with me and my child and degraded him the entire time. They had not ONE positive thing to say about him - while he was sitting right there in their presence. Their number one complaint was that he was out of compliance with the dress code. Not that he was fighting, or causing a disturbance in the class - but the dress code - his shirt tail was constantly out. My son literally hated school for 2 years. You can't expect a child to respond and learn when he feels that the enviroment is hostile. Ironically, I have spoken to other parents that have had the same experience. When I went to withdraw my child for this school year, two of the teachers very quietly told me that it was the absolute right thing to do. He is at a new school now and is flourishing. The teachers have nothing but nice things to say and he absoulutely loves the new learning enviroment.

Posted September 15, 2012
PCMS is run like a juvenile detention center, not like a school. I witnessed an asst. principal yelling at students in the morning to "hurry up!" as they walked to homeroom. My 6th grader told me how his math teacher yelled at students daily; to the point where kids would cry. And, the counselor would not place my son in the correct level of classes so he was doing math that he mastered 2 years ago - getting the homework done in 5 minutes while the rest of the class struggled. Is that education? We didn't think so. So, we pulled him after 2 weeks. Saving up for private school & I will home study him with retired teachers & tutors for now. Stay away from Dekalb County Schools! Your children will thank you.

Peachtree Middle School 5

Posted May 17, 2012
Great school my daughter has been there 2 years possibly 3 next school season, and love how disciplined they are.

Peachtree Middle School
4664 N Peachtree Rd, Atlanta, GA  30338
Last modified Peachtree Middle School is a Charter school that serves grades 6-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 5 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Peachtree Middle School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 23 reviews. Top