Posted July 18, 2014
My son has been in Fickett Elementary since Pre-K and will be attending 1st grade this year!! I'm so excited about the new school year!! The teachers and staff are just great! It feels good to walk in my son's school and the office staff knows me by my name. I am a very active parent in the school. Even though I no olonger live in the school zone, I drive him to school and pick him up faithfully.

Posted August 18, 2009
This is my sons second year attending Fickett. The communication between the parents and the teachers is great. I love it how parents/family members can come volunteer whenever they have free time. The open door policy @ Fickett is great! And I would like to thank Dr. Dorsey for allowing that policy! I would like to say keep up the good work to all the teachers, staff, volunteers and parents! I look forward to another excellent year @ Fickett!

Posted August 17, 2009
Fickett Elementary is an outstanding school that believes in the academic excellence of our children. They believe in the abilities and capabilities of their students and encourage them to strive for excellence and to acheive their goals. Dr.Dorsey governs his school with humility and reverence and he always keeps the needs of the children at the forefront and as a parent of this school I truly appreciate that. Outstanding work all teachers, staff and volunteers! I look forward to a prosperous year!

Posted May 12, 2009
My daughter has been in Fickett since kindergarden and now is graduating from Fifth grade, I am very pleased with the time she has spent, open door policy easy to approach the teachers, and I love how everyone in the office offers to help us. Fickett is truly an hidden gem.

Posted May 01, 2009
My son has attended Fickett for three school years. The communication between myself and his teachers has been great. The school offers many programs and activities that promote student learning and develop student interest. Most of the students in his class have been there since Kindergarten which shows stability within the community. The priority is placed on learning from the first day to the last day of shcool. The teachers, staff, and administration handle all situations promptly. My son transferred to Fickett from a private school. I have no complaints and have been happy with the services provided for three years.

Posted April 28, 2009
Fickett Elementary School is the best school it is a good school and I love it the teachers are nice and the principal is nice.

Posted April 18, 2009

Posted February 23, 2009
R.N. Fickett Elementary is a hidden gem! My daughter transferred to Fickett this school year and it has been a wonderful transition. The teachers are certainly dedicated to the success of all the children. I am fortunate to have the flexibility to visit the school at various times of the day and I have always witnessed a great learning environment for all the children. The principal, Mr. Dorsey is a great male role model and wonderful leader. He is always walking the halls and visiting the classes unannounced. I am sure this keeps the students and staff motivated to do their very best at all times. When there are discipline problems, they are dealt with and 'life goes on'. I am soo happy we are apart of the Fickett family and my child is again excited about going to school everyday!!!!

Posted June 29, 2008
i'm between above average and excellent, always room for improvements...my daughter attended this school from kindergarten to half of 3rd grade and was only moved to another school (county school) b/c we moved out of city limits (ughhh had i KNOWN!)... she was taught well, expectations were clear and not difficult to achieve, she did well on the CRCT, was on the principals honor roll 3 years and recognized for exceptional performance several times... i remember her teachers names and that says a lot...and they definitely knew my name... from the coach to the principle to the 'lunch lady', they involve themselves with the students and all persons involved. Dr. Barber was principal thru May 07 and he was wonderful...they always kept me informed, never a question of her performance and expectations...wish she was back in this school so bad...

Posted June 16, 2008
Fickett ELementary is a wonderful school that is Student Centered, Data Driven and Policy Bound. The studetns achieve high on all standarized tests and have both gifted and Special Education Teachers and support Staff. The principal, Mr. Anthony Dorsey, was awarded 'The Principal of the Year' by the National PTA this year. Fickett is spotlighted in the AJC and ohter publications regularly. Fickett is proud to be able to teach the 'whole child' with intensive academic instruction as well as state of the art technology and fantastic Enrichment for each chlid. Each child starting in Kindergarten through Fifth Grade all recieve French, Music, and Visual Arts at least once a week with French several times a week. Ficktett - Where students achieve and staff collaboarte for maximum success.

Fickett Elementary School
3935 Rux Rd SW, Atlanta, GA  30331
Last modified Fickett Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 3 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Fickett Elementary School Rating: 5 out of 5 based on 16 reviews. Top