Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Agree (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Agree (3 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (3 responses)
Currently, most people answered Just right (4 responses)
Currently, most people answered Very effective (3 responses)
Currently, most people answered Teacher (2 responses)

Grateful to: Teacher

Posted April 27, 2016
Ms Love...thanks for keeping my child busy with homework and projects. Kuddos to you for caring!

Sutton Middle School 2

Posted April 27, 2016
If your child is not in the advanced classes don't send them here. This has been the worst year of our school career. My daughter is 6th grade and I regret not pursuing my other option of private school. This school focuses more on behavior correction and not educating the students. Thank God the end of the year is near. Needless to say we will NOT be attending 7th and 8th at Sutton. We were warned by other parents but chose to give it a try...what a big mistake. The assistant principal is a joke, don't ever go to him with an issue.

Posted April 03, 2016
I have 6th graders at Sutton Middle School and they love it! The sports programs, art, music and club opportunities are amazing. The project based teaching and learning has really exceeded my expectations. I highly recommend it!

Posted December 29, 2015
We have a 6th grader at Sutton and so far we have been very impressed! The learning style and teachers are very adaptive and therefore, my son is excelling. We came from an outstanding elementary in Cobb County and were a little nervous about transitioning to APS. So far, I have nothing but great things to say about the education my son is receiving.

Posted December 28, 2015
Our oldest is in 6th grade this year and is doing wonderfully at Sutton! At first, he was overwhelmed by the workload, but has now learned how to manage his time effectively. He has made many new, very polite and well mannered friends and has a strong social network (probably too strong)! We continue to be impressed with his teachers, who expect a lot from him and hold him accountable. The quality of education is excellent and the many sports and clubs that Sutton offers is exceptional. He loves attending Sutton and we're glad we decided to give it a try!

Sutton Middle School 2

Posted November 11, 2015
BEWARE OF BULLYING AND FIGHTING! (Google: Sutton Middle 15 sec fight club) While I like the teachers at this school and my daughters are doing well academically, this school is full of bullies! My daughters are new to Sutton this school this year, 7th & 8th grade. Since they started they have been dealing with bullies and other children assaulting them. I've been to Sutton 4 times because of this issue. The administrators act like the children are angels and make all the excuses in the world for their reckless behavior. I've spoken to both the 7th & 8th grade Assistant principals on several occasions and I'm still dealing with the issues. I've even made a report with the school police officer. After writing a letter to the principal (I'm still waiting on an official response from him), A student recently assaulted my daughter again. I went up to the school furious, asking to speak with the Principal. He sends the receptionists back out to tell me that I need to take the matter up with the assistant principal. The asst. principal comes out again to speak with me, I explain to him that I would like to have a word with the principal since this is the 4th time I've spoken with both asst principals. The asst principal goes in the back office and comes back out saying "oh that's why he won't come out to speak with you because he's not here". Now, I could act like a mad woman and storm back there because clearly he was lying, but matters don't get resolved that way. Needless to say, I am furious and have grown a hatred for this school. Don't send your kids here!!

Sutton Middle School 4

Posted September 13, 2015
My son is a 7th grader at Sutton. So far so good. He attended Sutton in 6th grade as well and he is in the accelerated program. I love that his class sizes are small. He loves Sutton. He tried out for the football team and did not make it but desire to try again next year. Currently he is on the cross country team and is looking to join the Chess Club next week. He is excelling in all of his classes and is very disciplined about homework and staying on top of his assignments. There is a wide range of sports, clubs and activities to get involved in. The school is wonderfully diverse and the school facility is quite nice. I think Buck Greene is doing a fine job and the teachers are a committed bunch! Great job Sutton team!

Sutton Middle School 4

Posted August 16, 2015
My son was nervous to begin 6th grade last year, and we considered private options, but decided to give it a try and by December he had decided he really wanted to stay at Sutton. He has a solid crew of great friends, but we really did make the effort socially to get them together on the weekends and strengthen those budding relationships (in hindsight that may have been the single most important thing we did). It is economically diverse, which I think is a good reality check for my kids (who are beginning to notice that they do indeed live a very privileged life). Overall I think that Sutton really looks and feels a lot more like the elementary schools the kids come from than people understand. In my experience so far the negatives are far exaggerated and the positives are highly under-communicated. We’ve been most appreciative (and maybe even surprised) by the quality of the teachers (many of whom came from the private schools) and the class sizes (a few of my son’s advanced classes have 14 or 15 kids). It’s a big school, but like a big state college, kids find their niche, and because it’s a big school the options for sports/clubs/activities are seemingly endless. I highly recommend that Sutton is worth trying – we are very grateful we did.

Sutton Middle School 3

Posted July 15, 2015
Sutton is a school that definitely pushes its student to reach their full potential and ensure that at least 80% of the student body obtains mastery of material. Yet, Sutton can continue to improve their disciplinary and the disruptions the go on during class. Teachers should also realize the amount of homework given to students can be overwhelming especially with late release. Still passionate teachers and eager students makes Sutton such a renowned school.

Develops empathy: Strongly disagree

Posted May 23, 2015
Teachers are incredibly inappropriate and ridicule certain students. For example, "You are just stupid." Or "you need to learn math so you won't have to work at McDonald 's like your parents. The students are taught to turn on each other and get each other in trouble for "brownie points" with teachers.

2875 Northside Dr. NW, Atlanta, GA  30305
Last modified Sutton Middle School is a Public school that serves grades 6-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.