Continental Colony Elementary School

Public | PK-5

Posted October 18, 2012

My family and I just moved to the area and im very interested in finding out about CCES. I am on the PTA at my sons current school. I am very open to volunteering and doing my part. This is what it takes, you cant expect the School Staff & Teachers to do there job and your job at home also, Were coming from a charter school where parents have to volunteer and participate it is absolutely nesscesary.

Posted July 27, 2012

This school brings true meaning to the saying it takes a villiage to raise a child because all the teachers and parents work together to support the school and the children that go there. I am a volunteer parent and dedicated supporter of CCES. We have the best educators and administration Thats why we are the school of choice

Posted March 14, 2009

I feel as though a few bad apples spoiled this bunch. I have volunteered at this school and still don't see a differences besides the fact that when I come through the door the staff knows who I am! They talk to you like you are one of the student and put their noises in the air because they have degrees. I was raised to respect my elders, but respect is earned as well. If I had a choice or could afford to put my child in private school I would dive at it. I also believe that it takes a certain type of person to be an educator (I'm not one of them), but when I get a phone call and the person on the other end say's ' I don't feel like dealing with your child, come get them', I question that whole theory.

Posted January 19, 2009

It is quite comical to read the comments posted by parents. It concerns me greatly to see this because all to often we see parents complaining but very few volunteering or offering anything to the school. I have always believed that it takes a village to raise a child not an individual and that learning starts at home. So as for comments about the administration and teachers I would find them more appropriate had i witnessed more parents volunteering. It is very sad when the volunteers that we do have are individuals who don't have children who attend but simply do it for the love of helping others. So as a teacher I would be happy to see the day when instead of individuals criticizing what is in place, try coming to lend a hand to a teacher.
—Submitted by a teacher

Posted November 6, 2008

This school has no leadership. Teachers and students attend here for a social gathering! So if your child goes to school for friends and fun, this is the school for you!

Posted September 23, 2008

I agree! No school is a challenge w/o the parents involvement. My child comes from a private Pre-K establishment where parents, staff & others expressed concern for the kids and their education. Overall, I have not seen the initiative from staff & parents to encourage involvement. I attended the PTA meeting and got the same impression as mentioned below in 8/11 - the principal was not enthused yet ready to retire & it was a disappointment for me. I believe it could be ok one day but it will take yrs before the school will be its potential. The reality is my child is at the beginning of her learning years, and I believe we have to reach kids early to create a stable foundation for them later. I grew up in APS & think there are a few schools that can provide a great foundation but don't see it here.

Posted September 22, 2008

No school is a challenge when the parents are not involved. We as Parents need to make sure that we are involved in the activities in our schools and that we build the relationships with the staff. Children will excell anywhere when they have the support and challenge from their Parents. Continental Colony has a sound foundation and support from its community. You would be surprise of what you see once you get involvesd.

Posted August 13, 2008

This is one of the worst schools I hae ever known in my life. Teachers are unconcern. Office staff is lazy and rude. Bus transportation is terrible. My child cannot read any better. This is school is very unorganized. I am very unhappy with this school and I hope something will be done about it.

Posted August 11, 2007

My son attended this school, in 2005-2006 and I felt that the this was not a challenging place for him. The classes were over crowded and the Teacher, although she was great at her task, I felt that she was stressed. I felt that the PTA President ran the school and the Principal was ready for retirement. My son only attended for one semester, because I felt that he needed more. I do believe this could be a great school, but it needed then better leadership.

Posted July 6, 2007

This is an excellent school. The parent involvement is wonderful and the PTA is the best of any elementary school. The parents and grandparents really believe in the village principal, and the new adminstration is awsome! My child loves learning and reading is one of their main interest. Great School....I give it 5 Stars.

Posted April 19, 2007

My son Priest is a 1st grader here and he loves it. He has been on the honor roll all year and learning like a sponge from Ms. T. Johnson! The afterschool program is not only fun but educational! I think I will remain in this school zone!

English Language Arts

The state average for English Language Arts was 86% in 2010.

Math

The state average for Math was 85% in 2010.

Reading

The state average for Reading was 92% in 2010.

English Language Arts

The state average for English Language Arts was 85% in 2010.

Math

The state average for Math was 87% in 2010.

Reading

The state average for Reading was 91% in 2010.

English Language Arts

The state average for English Language Arts was 88% in 2013.

Math

The state average for Math was 79% in 2013.

Reading

The state average for Reading was 92% in 2013.

Science

The state average for Science was 78% in 2013.

Social Studies

The state average for Social Studies was 83% in 2013.

English Language Arts

The state average for English Language Arts was 90% in 2013.

Math

The state average for Math was 84% in 2013.

Reading

The state average for Reading was 93% in 2013.

Science

The state average for Science was 83% in 2013.

64 students were tested at this school in 2013.

Social Studies

The state average for Social Studies was 81% in 2013.

64 students were tested at this school in 2013.

English Language Arts

The state average for English Language Arts was 94% in 2013.

59 students were tested at this school in 2013.

Math

The state average for Math was 90% in 2013.

58 students were tested at this school in 2013.

Reading

The state average for Reading was 93% in 2013.

60 students were tested at this school in 2013.

Science

The state average for Science was 80% in 2013.

Social Studies

The state average for Social Studies was 81% in 2013.

Writing

The state average for Writing was 80% in 2012.

63 students were tested at this school in 2012.

2009

Asian or Asian/Pacific Islander 0% 3%

• Sandra R. Sessoms
Fax number
  • (404) 346-2354

Extra learning resources offered
  • Title I Schoolwide program (SWP)

Apply now