Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Agree (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Agree (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Just right (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Effective (1 response)
Currently, most people answered School leader (1 response)

Posted February 22, 2016
Our 7th grade son has thrived at Sandy Springs Middle School since the first day of 6th grade. We love that he is exposed to children from across our community and relish the many benefits the school affords us to be active members of Sandy Springs. The SSCMS teachers and faculty care about each and every child and work as a team to ensure that learning takes place holistically. Our teachers are active in coaching and cheering for our students at sporting events and academic competitions. We have many middle school options in Sandy Springs and are grateful for the amazing families, friends and faculty that make SSCMS the right option for our family (our 5th grader can't wait to attend next year).

Posted February 05, 2016
This is my daughter's first year at SSCMS. She had previously been at a private school in the area, but we realized that she can receive a great education at SSCMS without spending so much money. We have been very impressed with the teachers and the principal. She has made some wonderful friends, and most importantly, she is happy and loves her school!

Posted February 04, 2016
This is our first year at SSCMS and we LOVE it!! My son is in 6th grade and he loves going to school. His favorite class is Latin which is unbelievable to me that a school even offers it to 6th graders. Administration has been great, atmosphere is awesome, and very engaging teachers. Can't say enough about what a wonderful school it is and even getting better with the new principal.

Posted February 04, 2016
I have a 7th grade boy @ SSCMS and for the past 2 years we have really enjoyed the school community, parent involvement and support of the great teachers and staff. This year we got a new Principle, Chuck Gardner and he is amazing! He's young, energetic, has experience at the high school level and is in for the long haul. My son has a diverse group of friends which we love and he is really happy about going to school everyday (as much as a 13 year old boy can be)!!! SSCMS is on an upward path of academic growth, technology, superior teachers, community partners, and extra curricular activities. You must check out this wonderful community public middle school for your child!

Posted February 04, 2016
Our new principal is setting goals for a world class school, and our experiences as parents and my two students' accomplishments would say SSCMS is well on its way. We have a high school freshman in the math/science magnet program who attended this school for all 3 years - far advanced in math, participated on academic bowl, loved PE, excelled in Latin, enjoyed two 8th grade trips to DC & Savannah, good challenges in a diverse, real world environment. Our daughter is an 8th grader and enjoyed much of the same academic rigor along with playing cello in the orchestra and exploring her art talents extensively. Our youngest son will be a 6th grader next year along with most of his current classmates. We trust he'll make lots of new friends as well from the other feeder schools just like his older siblings did.

Sandy Springs Charter Middle School
Grateful to: School leader

Posted February 04, 2016
Principal Gardner and Assistant Principal Taylor - we thank you for your leadership and visions

Posted February 03, 2016
My daughter is in 6th grade, and we've been extremely happy. I will admit she's in all TAG classes, so I can't speak for other students' or parents' experiences. Her class sizes are small, and she's had great teachers. Yes, the rules are pretty strict, but if it prevents disruptions, I'm all for it. One person mentioned the TAG program being watered down; I disagree completely. In elementary school, you are in tag or not. In middle, you can be in a TAG class, even if you weren't in TAG before, based on your performance in that subject. So if you are not in TAG in elementary, but are great at science and get great ITBS scores, you can be in a TAG science class. "On level learning" is what every parent is asking for, and this is what it looks like. I'm very happy with the admin staff, although several are new. Overall, great experience, and I have no hesitation in sending her back for 7th.

Posted March 31, 2015
I'm going to this school next yea for sixth grade and it seems like a very good school,

Posted December 03, 2014
I'm an adult in the community and I volunteered at Sandy Springs Middle and it was so great to see the level of interaction with teachers and kids at our neighborhood school. The kids were well mannered and fun and teachers treated them with respect. The school has great facilities and they are well maintained. We are lucky to have this school with these teachers and students in our community!

Posted October 03, 2014
My daughter attends this school and she loves it as well as me. The ratings are so wrong.

Sandy Springs Charter Middle School
8750 Pride Place, Atlanta, GA  30350
Last modified Sandy Springs Charter Middle School is a Charter school that serves grades 6-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 5 out of 10 based on academic quality.