Posted August 12, 2014
I was a little concerned about the school ratings that I found online. However, my child is very happy at this school, the teachers are very good, and every time I have been at the school the students are quite and organized. I think this is a much better school than the online ratings may lead you to believe.

Sandy Springs Charter Middle School 2

Posted February 04, 2014
I moved to this area because it was better than Dekalb. The elementary school was great and I was hesitant about the middle school because of it's rating. I was right. Yes the teachers and principal are great and they speak highly of my son, but the students are horrible. Is hard to look past great staff, when the kids are bad. Lack of respect and home training. The school is filled with bullies and thieves. I can't wait till this school year is over. I'm out of here.

Posted October 08, 2013
School is great! My daughter has been getting nothing but good reviews and grades. That is due to the teachers and parents being involved. So far our experience is wonderful and I have no complaints as for how the school is teaching my child.

Posted September 08, 2013
People say this school is horrible! Those are rumors. These Kids love the school and so do I.

Posted July 20, 2013
My eldest son completed 6th grade at Sandy Springs Middle School and will now be attending 7th grade here. We moved to Sandy Springs from NY where the public school district wanted to place my son in special education classes for having a slight speech impediment even though he carried a 92 grade point average. Since being at Sandy Springs Middle School his GPA went from a 92 to a 98 and he is now on the Honor Rolls program. He has been nominated to attend the 2014 People to People Leadership Summit. The teachers are supportive and motivational but it is up to the parents to ensure our children are receiving the best education by getting involved in the curriculum and enforce healthy study habits for our children. We cannot expect the school alone to be responsible for our children's success. We have not experienced violence or negligence during my son's fiscal year. The rules are perhaps strict as others might claim but I personally am grateful the school is proactive about our children's safety. I am looking forward to my youngest son's first year attending Sandy Springs Middle School this year as well.

Posted July 07, 2013
I am a student at Sscms. I am In all tag classes and love the work and the teachers. Last year was my first year at sscms and I really enjoyed it. I made so many new friends and unlike elementary food, they gave us something we actual want to eat. I have read through some of the reviews and most are untrue. Food fights are extremely rare and the school is fixing some other problems. If you ever have trouble with friends or if someone does bully you, you can just go to the councilor. Overall, most of these problems that this school has are minor compared to a lot of other middle schools. And the sports teams are great, too!

Sandy Springs Charter Middle School 3

Posted April 10, 2013
The rules seem excessively strict. Kids can't go outside by themselves.They can't go to the bathroom without permission. They have to walk along a painted line on the side of the halls, and there are teachers actually standing in the halls to enforce it. Basically they treat the kids like they're six years old. I don't know if it's like that at all schools now. We didn't have all that nonsense when we were in school, and we managed just fine. From an academic standpoint, the teachers are pretty good and they seem interested in helping the students. My other gripe is with the TAG program. There are simply too many kids in TAG who don't belong there. In grade school, TAG was limited to a select group, maybe the top 10%. At SSCMS, I think at least 30% of the students are in TAG, so the program is watered down.

Sandy Springs Charter Middle School 1

Posted January 30, 2013
While there are some dedicated teachers here, the overall atmosphere is very rough. Most of the students are not there to learn. This school is not about achievement, but caters to the lowest common denominator.

Posted April 27, 2012
My daughter is wrapping up her first year at SSMS, and our experience has been very positive. The academic load is challenging without being totally overwhelming and the teachers are excited about what they are doing and take the time to get to know the kids. They use a team teaching approach, which is very effective. Teachers and administration are very open and approachable and respond quickly to any question or issue. My daughter has been very happy this year at SSCMS.

Posted December 07, 2011
This is my son's second year at SSCMS and I have been very pleased with the quality of education he is receiving. The teachers are amazing, supportive yet demanding, and totally relate to kids this age. I love how the diversity reflects real life and I know my son will be so much more comfortable with all kinds of people because of this exposure. The administration is very proactive if they see that something isn't working well and they are quick to tweak a procedure if they think it is necessary. The school uses a team teaching approach, which is a proven success in teaching middle school students, and there are a variety of opportunities for kids to get involved and connected to the school community. I invite everyone to visit and see for themselves if our neighborhood school is a good fit for their child.

Sandy Springs Charter Middle School
8750 Pride Place, Atlanta, GA  30350
Last modified Sandy Springs Charter Middle School is a Charter school that serves grades 6-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 5 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Sandy Springs Charter Middle School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 49 reviews.