Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Neutral (1 response)

Both of my childern have excelled at this school. The teachers and staff are always friendly.

My grandson attended this school for 2- years. The teaching staff went beyond the call of duty to help me keep my grandson from getting behind in all courses. I lived a state away and still the help they gave me was astounding. He exceeded grade level on all phases on his crct test thank to the corporation of the teachers in this school.

Teachers are great!! However, administration is less than poor in performance. Fails to comply with parents written requests in a divorced/court ordered documentation. Unorganized, frequently loses documentation... Children are unsupervised on playground.

My Son attended first and second grades at Auburn elem. During the first grade we held on hoping that second would be so much better, only to find out it was worse. Finally, we were accepted to transfer within the county. I was pleased with the principal and the vice principal but the teachers are a different story. Many times I feel that they were just rude - I offered several times to volunteer and was told it wasn't needed. During his second grade year there wasn't any parent involvement because NOTHING was ever planned. It seemed the teacher made no effort at all. Upon the end of the year we viewed his agenda and the only words written in there were written by me to the teacher and never a response.

My son went to Auburn Elementary for K and 1st. During Kindergarten we had behavior problems, but for the duration of my son's 1st grade we had no experience of behavior problems and he was even placed in the accelerated reading program. I think this is due to having an excellent Teacher, Mrs. Norris who took the time to learn about her students.

Auburn Elementary provided a great begining for my son Nathan with caring and dedicated teachers and staff thru his 6 years at the school.

My son's behavior has greatly improved since he began attending the early entrance class that meets four days a week for half the day. Mrs. Hopkins is doing a great job, and the school as a whole is well organized.

My daughter loves it here! Her teachers have been wonderful! Kelly McGrath for K and Jennifer Plummer for 1st. They work with the student and parrents to get the best education possible. LOVE IT!!!

People need to realize that it takes parents getting involved with their child's education to have a PTO and room moms. Auburn asks all parents to be involved and they have always sent home class volunteer sheets, flyers to join PTO, parent surveys. etc. The well-qualified teachers are in that school every day doing their jobs-

I have never been involved with a school that doesn't promote any parent involvement. I have yet to even be able to find out about PTO meetings. There are no room moms and no class directories either so the kids have no way of contacting each other unless they remember to get their friends phone numbers at school. There is no Spirit Wear available for purchase either. My child is doing well academically but as far as the school promoting parent involvement and any regular communication I have yet to see it.

Last modified Auburn Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 3 out of 10 based on academic quality.