Bad
Good

Posted November 12, 2014
I love it because contrary to your beliefs Josey gives some kids hope and other the will to do better.

Posted April 03, 2014
I go to this school and its horrible!! The teacher just throw out work and don't even teach. You have teachers walking outta class talking to other teachers. Our principal is never there, he comes when he wants and he leaves when he wants. They have no control over students at that school, they're always fighting and walking around the school. You have kids smoking weed outside and even leaving campus and coming back during the school day. If you're a favorite to anybody with power in that school you can do anything. DO NOT GO TO THIS SCHOOL - Student

Josey High School 2

Posted April 13, 2010
I am a former student of T.W. Josey High school and I would not necessarily recommend this school to someone who has high expectations in their learning. A lot of the teaches do stuff just to get it done and don't really teach the students what they need to learn. The principal is very involved with the school though, he tries to get everything done for the students and he does try to improve the learning system especially since they have not made the AYP in a while.

Posted April 13, 2010
I have been to this school myself and the standards are set very low for the students. The teachers are not the best either they do not discipline the students in the proper way. There is very little parent involvement that I have seen.

Josey High School 4

Posted January 20, 2010
Hello... I am a current student at T.W. Josey high school. Everyone is going to have they say so's about my school. What I can say is that everything that happens at our school happens at any other black school. People think its the teachers and principal that causes the problems here. But some teachers become students friends and get involved with their students. They stay after school and show effort to help the students. Our principal Dr. Wiggins is wonderful. He walks the hall making sure his school is in an orderly manner. He makes sure his students are in class learning all they can learn. Isn't that what he's supposed to do?!?!?! T.W. Josey High School is great and I would recomend it to any child who is planning to be someone in life.

Josey High School

Posted December 11, 2007
Hi . .I am a former student of Josey, and I just have to say I agree with Ms.Butler. Josey is a school with high standards. They do anything and everything to prepare students for the real world. What the first young lady said is half true. The teachers go beyond being your teacher, they are your friend. They help you if you need help, isn't that what being a teacher is all about? The principal is constantly walking the hallways making sure everyone is in class and doing what they are supposed to be doing. Overall Josey is a very lovable school. And I'm not saying that because I graduated from there. I'm saying it because it is the God honest truth. It is my guarantee that your child would absolutly love this school if he/she attends it. Hey I did . .

Posted April 09, 2005
I was not a student at this school, but my daughter is apart of this school's environment and she's a great student. The school is very educational, and is not what most people make it out to be. Sometime the principal has to make the good suffer with the bad, and sometime he has no choice but to take that action. The teachers at this high school are doing a great job. I definitly give them props for what they are doing. My daughter loves this school, and we have moved plenty of times but I can't get her to get from Josey High School. She wants to graduate from there. She loves the Marching band and the teacher, so I advise you know the school before you spectulate.

Posted April 09, 2005
My school is a wonderful place to be. I Love my school and I wouldn't have it another way. Josey is all that to me and I wouldn't go to Laney, Butler, Cross Creek, Hephzibah, or any other school worth naming. The teachers are wonderful here take it from a tenth grade honor roll student.

Posted December 05, 2004
yes I was a student at josey high school and i never got in trouble but i had to leave the school because the teachers did not teach they acted like they were the students and we were the teachers.

Posted August 05, 2004
The school administration does not like parents involved with the school. I was told by the principal that I was an 'outsider' and he would not assist me with concerns about my daughter's education. Most of the teachers my child had were not interested in teaching. I do not like the environment nor the principal at T W Josey High School.

Josey High School
1701 15th St, Augusta, GA  30901
Last modified Josey High School is a Public school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 2 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Josey High School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 15 reviews. Top