Augusta, GA

Posted May 27, 2015
I was a student at Langford middle school from my 6th to 8th grade year, it was a good school when I went there (2009-2012) I can never recall Langford being so bad at all, the kids did crazy things when I went there but the teachers, faculty and staff always did their best, no school is perfect and all of them have some issues but its up to the students to do what they are there to do, which is to get an education and if you are an adult that can't handle crazy kids then don't teach, all students are not the same , some are bad but Langford was not that bad, it prepared me for highschool, I'm an upcoming senior now and in the top 3 of my graduating class (2016) -Malaysia gregory

Posted April 26, 2015
Firstly, I am a student who had gone to Langford and from first hand experience it is the worst and most down right awful place you could ever send a child willing to learn. I'm currently a senior in high school at a school in Myrtle Beach and leaving that school is the best decision I've ever made regarding my education. There is absolutely ZERO respect in those classrooms from both the teachers and students. There are multiple fights that break out each weak, there's an incredible amount of racism, and the sanitation of the school is fair to none. During my time there I was in the 8th grade and completely failed due to the hectic environment of the classrooms. I was also diagnosed with depression and anxiety shortly after leaving the school. I did not have one teacher that was actually excited about teaching their students. Bottom line, if you want your child to succeed with their education do NOT send them to Langford. It is a downright awful school and I have so much sympathy for the students that actually want to learn that can't.

Posted April 18, 2015
If parents could secretly see what their children do at this school, they would be shocked and appalled. The majority of them make it very difficult for the very few that want to learn. I taught at this school one day and I will never go back. Walking into the school that morning, I heard very polite students and teachers greeting each other for the day. I was very impressed. Once I passed the office area, the atmosphere totally changed. It was dark and gloomy. My students were very disrespectful, rude and downright uncontrollable. They tested me every second of the day. They fought with each other and one couple constantly tried to make out in the corner. They ignored me, mocked me and had no respect for authority whatsoever. They even mocked their own African American history lesson. It was disheartening to me to see what our teens have become. I felt so sad for the one or two students that sat there quietly, trying their best to listen and learn. They never spoke a word, except at the end of the class- to compliment me, which I was most appreciative. This school needs cameras in the classroom so administrators and parents can see what is going on behind the doors. SAD.

Posted November 21, 2014
In years past, it is my opinion that most of this feedback was true. I believe there was a lack of leadership and no backing for the teachers who do/did care. Fortunately, this is no longer the Langford Middle of today. Since Ms. Vicki Reese took her position as Principal, the school is transitioning as an excellent middle school for Richmond County. It has gained the accreditation of an International Baccalaureate school which is no small accomplishment. My daughter LOVES her teachers and actually doesn't want to miss school because the teachers engage with the students on an individual level. Their curriculum night for parents to participate with their children also allows for open dialogue between teachers & parents. Encouraging more parent involvement. The grade might be a 3 for the website, but I do not feel that is a fair assessment as there is no room for students with special needs who are tested the same as Advanced students. There needs to be a better grading scale of diversity for all different learning levels. Thank you teachers of Langford and Principal Reese for all of your hard work. Your hard work is not going unnoticed!!!

Posted December 05, 2013
horrible school with a terrible staff, the teachers really do not care and have a bad attitude don't send your child there

Posted April 08, 2013
This write up saddens me as I type, as I read, and as I think of all the good students and teachers who want to do the right thing. This school is terrible to attend to say the least. I am a very involved parent, however despite my involvement that fact remains that I am only the parent of two children that attend. One of my sons is very quiet, reserved, and to himself. This makes him a bullying target, and this has been the greatest problem of all. This school lacks authority and discipline. It seems that the bullies are held to a higher standard than the children that try to follow that rules. Teachers want to be friends with the bad children just to make it throught the day and this is just sad. My child has been hit, kicked, pushed, glasses slapped off his face (of course I had to replace them) and none of this seemed to matter to those with authority. They just seem to make excuses for this thuggish behavior. I realize now why none of the neighborhood kids go to this school. How can a school that sits in the middle of Augusta's historical neighborhoods, up the street from ASU be such a disgrace to the community. TOTAL LACK OF RESPECT FOR ACADEMICS and AUTHORITY!!

Posted July 23, 2012
This Middle School Is Actually A Nice School.I was a 6 grade student there for the 2011-2012 school year and i had fun.Only 5 fights broke out over the whole year.They just started the I-B Program and this school year the whole school will be I-B

Posted November 29, 2011
Doesn't look like i'll be sending my children to this district or school. This isn't the only place I have read bad, very bad reviews on the staff and 'institution' as a whole, maybe its time for a sweeping siginificant change, teacher unions and lazy administrators bring down a district faster than lazy non compliant parents/children. Time to remove the cancer thats eating that place alive.

Posted November 10, 2011
i go to this school, but i will not say what grade i am in. all that i will say is ,im in the new IB program, the teatchers are nice, the school LOOKS nice, but its not nice. i am giving my honest oppinon about this, alot of other students are very rude to me, they yell at me, they talk bad things about me,shove me, get in my face, and almost tripped my best friend for no reson why! all they just say they dont like me or my friends. if they keep doing this to me for no reson, i will tell my mom if i can live with my dad or move to another state with my aunt and uncle, and go to school there. im not kidding i will! and if i leave, it will just be another loss for the school.

Posted November 03, 2011
Dear Parents, we do what we can with what we have and what you send our way for us to try and teach.. If you don't like the way the school is ran, you have the right to take your child and withdrew him or her and registered them in another educational institution but do not expect us to try and raise your child and do not blame us for their failure because it's up to them whether they want to take advantage of the opportunity of a free education or not and you as a parent to teach them home manners, morals and values and to respect.

Langford Middle School