Posted December 05, 2013
horrible school with a terrible staff, the teachers really do not care and have a bad attitude don't send your child there

Posted April 08, 2013
This write up saddens me as I type, as I read, and as I think of all the good students and teachers who want to do the right thing. This school is terrible to attend to say the least. I am a very involved parent, however despite my involvement that fact remains that I am only the parent of two children that attend. One of my sons is very quiet, reserved, and to himself. This makes him a bullying target, and this has been the greatest problem of all. This school lacks authority and discipline. It seems that the bullies are held to a higher standard than the children that try to follow that rules. Teachers want to be friends with the bad children just to make it throught the day and this is just sad. My child has been hit, kicked, pushed, glasses slapped off his face (of course I had to replace them) and none of this seemed to matter to those with authority. They just seem to make excuses for this thuggish behavior. I realize now why none of the neighborhood kids go to this school. How can a school that sits in the middle of Augusta's historical neighborhoods, up the street from ASU be such a disgrace to the community. TOTAL LACK OF RESPECT FOR ACADEMICS and AUTHORITY!!

Langford Middle School 5

Posted July 23, 2012
This Middle School Is Actually A Nice School.I was a 6 grade student there for the 2011-2012 school year and i had fun.Only 5 fights broke out over the whole year.They just started the I-B Program and this school year the whole school will be I-B

Posted November 29, 2011
Doesn't look like i'll be sending my children to this district or school. This isn't the only place I have read bad, very bad reviews on the staff and 'institution' as a whole, maybe its time for a sweeping siginificant change, teacher unions and lazy administrators bring down a district faster than lazy non compliant parents/children. Time to remove the cancer thats eating that place alive.

Posted November 10, 2011
i go to this school, but i will not say what grade i am in. all that i will say is ,im in the new IB program, the teatchers are nice, the school LOOKS nice, but its not nice. i am giving my honest oppinon about this, alot of other students are very rude to me, they yell at me, they talk bad things about me,shove me, get in my face, and almost tripped my best friend for no reson why! all they just say they dont like me or my friends. if they keep doing this to me for no reson, i will tell my mom if i can live with my dad or move to another state with my aunt and uncle, and go to school there. im not kidding i will! and if i leave, it will just be another loss for the school.

Posted November 03, 2011
Dear Parents, we do what we can with what we have and what you send our way for us to try and teach.. If you don't like the way the school is ran, you have the right to take your child and withdrew him or her and registered them in another educational institution but do not expect us to try and raise your child and do not blame us for their failure because it's up to them whether they want to take advantage of the opportunity of a free education or not and you as a parent to teach them home manners, morals and values and to respect.

Posted August 22, 2011
My son started L.angford this year as a 6th grader. This school is awful. Registered my son and at open house name was not on a roster. Reported Monday morning sat until 10:55 before being placed in a class. The staff needs a serious attitude adjustment towards parents & students. The resource officer sits in his ffice during dismissal, the car lne is a zoo. Students & cars all over the place, no one directing traffic. My child comes home with all this info. about diffrent clubs, connection classes, etc. and nothings sent home for parents to read. If you ask someone it's left up to the students to listen during announcements. HELLO i'm not in school to hear what's what, the school web page is outdated, everyone doesn't have books, so they read at school and can't bring them home. 95% staff need attitude adjustments. How do you expect kids to respect you when you disrespect them even when they ask questions, you all are snappy and I know because since school has started i've visited on a daily basis just to see if things are changing. It's SAD because our taxes are funding this mess and we deserve better.

Langford Middle School 2

Posted March 16, 2010
I teach at Langford. The children come to be entertained. The staff does what it can to keep the entire place from burning down.

Langford Middle School 0

Posted March 06, 2010
If the schools had camers in the rooms where parents could log in to see how the kids were acting I think some or most of them would behave different. Kids dont respect the teaches as we did years ago and the teachers don't have the authority that they use to have over the kids

Langford Middle School 0

Posted March 05, 2010
I subbed at this school yesterday (March 4,2010) and it was HORRIBLE. Total chaos. A fight broke out... I called for an officer and the officer never showed up. I asked several teacher if it was always like this or was it because the kids were showing out because I was a sub and the ALL the teacher said that it was wild every day and they are always losing teachers in the middle of the school year. IT's really bad. I feel sorry for any child that wants to learn something but can't because of their surroundings at school.. If you are a parent and your child is zoned for Langford.. pull some strings and get them out of there!!!!

Langford Middle School
3019 Walton Way Ext, Augusta, GA  30909
Last modified Langford Middle School is a Public school that serves grades 6-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 3 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Langford Middle School Rating: 2 out of 5 based on 23 reviews. Top