Augusta, GA

Posted August 03, 2014
I attended DFA for only one year but I love and cherish every moment I was there. It was like a big family and the atmosphere of respect and love for the arts is so positive and beneficial for learning. The student population embraces students who are different and creative and hone on those skills to make them even better. The teachers are wonderful and everything is wonderful and this school is defiantly 5 out of 5! I love DFA!!!!

Posted October 04, 2012
I'm currently a student at this school and i love it, its definately not rated 10 out of 10 for nothing. It's not just the teachers who make up this wonderful school its the students, we work harder than they do (at times). Overall I love my school and I'm glad to be apart of it!!!!!!!!! Go DFA!!!!!!!!!!

Posted May 29, 2010
My daughter has been at Davidson for two years and in the first year , she struggled some. She is now starting her eight grade year and she is achieving much more than I thought she ever would. The opportunity is there for her if she is willing to work hard. The fine arts is excellent, but some of the academic instructors shouldn't have a place to teach our children at Davidson Fine Arts.

Davidson Magnet School 0

Posted April 14, 2010
Great liberal arts high school. Every child I know that has graduated from this school has had no trouble getting into top state and private high education institutions.

Posted October 14, 2009
i went to this school 4 years ago and wen i was therre i loved it

Posted May 18, 2009
As the parent of a Davidson graduate who has gone on to film school, I can't say enough about the wonderful family atmosphere at Davidson. I do take exception with some of the other reviewers who complained that there was not enough 'academic help' available to students. My son struggled in the 6th grade adjusting to the rigorous demands and all of his teachers as well as the principal were there to help us get through that difficult period. He was able to excell academically and creatively in a school that helped him find his passion. On the weekends, our home looked like the United Nations - kids from every race, religion and economic background having fun and learning about each other. Relationships like the ones my son formed will help our community come together when these boys are in leadership positions.

Posted January 16, 2009
As a parent of 2 DFA graduates, I rate this school 5 stars! Davidson continually wins the top school in the state of Georgia. High academic and fine arts standards blend to make outstanding, college-ready graduates. Since the standards are high, it is not the best school for all students. However, for college-bound students, it is an excellent choice.

Posted January 15, 2009
As a graduate and now a current teacher I can attest to the rigor of the curriculum, support of the faculty and staff, and overall wonderful nature of this school. Yes, the work is demanding and the staff has extremely high expectations. However, the children's education is the most important factor in everything. I feel as if this is my home, my family. Every time I compare a Davidson performance to those of professional companies, I realize that there is more talent concentrated in this school than in many of our state's professional companies. I am grateful for every minute that I get to spend there as an instructor and as an alumnus.

Davidson Magnet School 1

Posted August 20, 2008

Posted March 16, 2008
This is the greatest school ever! I am in my first year here and have loved every minute. Davidson deserves all its recognition as one of the best schools in Georgia!

Davidson Magnet School
615 12th St, Augusta, GA  30901
Last modified Davidson Magnet School is a Public school that serves grades 6-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 10 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Davidson Magnet School Rating: 5 out of 5 based on 17 reviews. Top