K-8|Private

Bad
Good

Posted May 20, 2015
Ours is a small, private Catholic school with children who take their education seriously and parents that are involved in the school culture and our children's lives. St. Mary's has state-of-the-art equipment in every classroom and our teachers use it daily. Our teachers are well-educated and participate in continuing education, which, as an educator myself, I appreciate. The "Catholicity" of our school is evident in everything we do, but we have students who are not Catholic who feel just as at home at St. Mary's. I cannot imagine sending my children to any other school in the Augusta area.

Posted September 16, 2014
Our children are getting a well-rounded education based in a Christian foundation at St. Mary's. The teachers are kind and truly help each child excel by finding what motivates them. There are plenty of opportunities for both parents and students to be more involved in the school. Students have the chance to be involved in either fine arts (drama, choir, etc) and/or sports (volleyball, golf, basketball, etc). Parents, after a training session, can volunteer in the copy room, classroom, and any number of other school activities.

Posted November 10, 2009
I am a student and I absolutely love it here at St. Mary's. The teachers are wonderful and the other students were so welcoming when I first came here. I am given so much more opportunity than when I was at a public school. Because there are less of us we have a chance to discover the undiscovered. I learned that I can play volleyball. I had never played before and I decided to come to tryouts. I made the team and two weeks later I was announced captain. St. Mary's has made such a difference in my life and if I do become a successful person, I owe it to St. Mary's school, staff, and church!

Posted December 12, 2007
The teachers are wonderful and the community is so welcoming!

St Mary On The Hill School 4

Posted November 23, 2006
I am very impressed with the education that my children are receiving at St Mary's. The addition of the active boards is wonderful! To see the student's enthusiasm for this new technology and to see the fun they have showing off how much they have learned is amazing. The second graders raced thru identifing every U.S. state, and the fourth graders wizzed thru their spanish vocablulary! Remarkable! I wish I had had that kind of academic influence in my life when I was that age! A powerful example of what makes me most grateful to have St. Mary's as a resource in educating my children was the recent mass for Grandparents Day. When I see this christian community gather(from all over the country) and meet holy men and women who have used their education to give so much to our world, I am very grateful for St. Mary's school.

St Mary On The Hill School
1220 Monte Sano Avenue, Augusta, GA  30904
Last modified St Mary On The Hill School is a Private school that serves grades K-8