K-8|Private

Bad
Good

Great school, wonderful atmosphere and caring teachers. we have been blessed with the Catholic environment for our children!!

Handles bullying effectively: Agree

Students are taught how to recognize bullying and report it to their teachers. The school intervenes to make situation better for those affected.

Effective school leaders: Strongly agree

Administration is available and open. They are responsive and helpful in all situations.

Develops character: Strongly agree

Mutual respect is taught and lived on a daily basis.

Teacher effectiveness: Strongly agree

Great teachers with many years of experience and very low turnover. Kids get to know the teachers and the teachers support the students.

Amount of homework: Strongly agree

Homework reinforces what is taught in the classroom and does not overwhelm the parent or child.

Ours is a small, private Catholic school with children who take their education seriously and parents that are involved in the school culture and our children's lives. St. Mary's has state-of-the-art equipment in every classroom and our teachers use it daily. Our teachers are well-educated and participate in continuing education, which, as an educator myself, I appreciate. The "Catholicity" of our school is evident in everything we do, but we have students who are not Catholic who feel just as at home at St. Mary's. I cannot imagine sending my children to any other school in the Augusta area.

Our children are getting a well-rounded education based in a Christian foundation at St. Mary's. The teachers are kind and truly help each child excel by finding what motivates them. There are plenty of opportunities for both parents and students to be more involved in the school. Students have the chance to be involved in either fine arts (drama, choir, etc) and/or sports (volleyball, golf, basketball, etc). Parents, after a training session, can volunteer in the copy room, classroom, and any number of other school activities.

I am a student and I absolutely love it here at St. Mary's. The teachers are wonderful and the other students were so welcoming when I first came here. I am given so much more opportunity than when I was at a public school. Because there are less of us we have a chance to discover the undiscovered. I learned that I can play volleyball. I had never played before and I decided to come to tryouts. I made the team and two weeks later I was announced captain. St. Mary's has made such a difference in my life and if I do become a successful person, I owe it to St. Mary's school, staff, and church!

The teachers are wonderful and the community is so welcoming!

Last modified St Mary On The Hill School is a Private school that serves grades K-8