Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Agree (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (1 response)

I strongly agree with the other comments saying "they'd rather preach than teach" but I recently dealt with a bullying problem at this school and I told them what happened everyday. They chose to do absolutely nothing. Bullying should never be tolerated. The teaching methods are weak. For example testing us when we haven't gone over any of the material. As well as the teaching methods the extracurricular activities are also weak. I had p.e about 10 times that whole school year.I would not waste your money on sending your child to a school where they would be unhappy and uneducated.

I sent my child here and I am disappointed to say that I wasted my money- money that could have went towards a college fund. The teachers have minimal qualifications, unlike public schools, and they spend most of their class time degrading and demonizing other religions and other belief systems. Their math scores are far below average, likely because they spend the majority of their time trying to integrate religion into every subject. They are extremely fanatical. I love God and sent my child here expecting a quality education with a Biblical background. Instead, it was like my child went to a 40 hour a week church; absolutely no emphasis on academia.

It is important that my child has a christian education from the Bible. At Curtis, they are afforded an excellent education, but also a correct Biblical one, unlike the garbage the Public School Common Core is feeding young children today. They are also taught from excellent curriculum such as BJU Press, A Beka, Apologia, etc... Curtis has high standards in dress, athletics, and education, like many other private schools. This school has pushed my child academically, and I am very happy with the education and structure they receive here.

Amount of homework: Agree

Homework doesn't need to be busy work. It's just to enforce what the students are learning.

Develops character: Agree

The School staff and administration teach honesty, integrity, respect, trust, and other core values to the students. They use the Bible to teach these life skills. Some students learn, some students choose not to.

Sending your child to Curtis Baptist School is a matter to be seriously considered. Yes, your child will get the "Christian education" they are so determined to instill, but they will not be taught much else. The administration places few to no boundaries on what the teachers are allowed to discuss, and there are no guidelines as to what they must teach. There will be entire class periods where they will be preached at, which, in turn, will cut into their education. Their curriculum is flawed, to say the least. In a whole, you would inevitably be wasting your money on a low grade education. It is, however, the perfect school for your child if your priority is a stiff religious lifestyle. I speak so bluntly because as a student who used to attend the school, I would not wish it upon any other family that can easily avoid it.

My son has attended Curtis Baptist for over a year. The teachers and staff consistently work to ensure that children not only receive an excellent academic education, but one that reflects the values of the Christian faith. Unlike the public schools, there is a code of conduct that is expected from students and enforced. This atmosphere provides students with a safe and positive learning environment. Curtis Baptist will welcome you regardless of your religious denomination.

We have 2 kids that have been there since daycare 1 & 2 yrs old and are now in PK4 & K5. Teachers care, love, and teach our kids. After school care, summer program, sports are available. They teach the Bible well and our kids have fun and love going. Academically, better than most public schools though. I went there as a kid and I'm an Engineer now. Our kids really know the Bible well, which is what we're looking for in the school.

This is a great Faith based school full of young men and women wanting to know more about Christ. Education is also a big part of this school and it also has a very good athletic program, football,basketball,baseball,softball,track & field,tennis,golf, etc...

I am a parent of an elementary student and I really love this school. We have been at Curtis since DayCare and have always found a loving, christian enviroment where learning is abundant. Doing well is rewarded and encouraged. While discipline may sometimes seem harsh for small incidents they do keep from any rise in unruliness by being that hard on the small things. I have come to love this school and even commute 45 minutes one way just to come. The tuition is hard and I wish everyone would push congressmen to pass school vouchers but till then the sacrifice is so worth it. Thank you to the Teachers who pour there heart and soul into all they do. This school is truely blessed and we will be here as long as we can. (PS. My childs scores were excellent and way above average as well for his grade level)

Last modified Curtis Baptist School is a Private school that serves grades PK-12