Posted June 20, 2014
Very unsatisfactory academically. Many safety issues. To be a Christian school, there was very little Bible taught. Teacher interaction was very minimum. Multiple grades in one room which could be a great advantage ---but was not because the teachers were not skilled in teaching multiple grade levels. There was no creativity which is very important when teaching any age ---not skilled at knowing how to make learning fun-- laughter was very rarely heard. There was no eagerness from staff to maintain state standards. With the small class size the students should have been at levels above and beyond their grade level ---instead they were actually behind the public school levels ---not only in reading, and math but in all aspects. Very heart breaking to see your child get behind when as a parent you felt like you were doing the right thing by trying to see that your child was getting a Christian education and then to learn that they were not even getting the basic principles of Christ- like behavior taught or shown by example. I am praying that things will change and someone will step up and stand up for these children, and the proper running of this school !!! Still praying.

Posted May 16, 2014
I can not say enough about my disappointments in this school. The teacher and principal were acting as if the children were doing the work sent home and learning at the level they should be at but the children do not know the material when asked outside of the school because they were giving the answers.play as well as the school fire alarm/smoke detectors did not work. We were told they had alarm system which later found out did not work. There is a lot of gossiping among the teachers and the principal. There are only a handful of people on the board that knows what goes on and things are kept from the parents and members of the church. The public school could not believe what this private school was not teaching and following any curriculum. The parents are basically not liked if they inquire about their child's progress and the school gets very upset when questioned by parents of their concern. I was even told that if my child didn't improve that this may not be the place for her& they call themselves a Christian school- when my child started at two grades ahead and left there behind.

Posted September 06, 2013
Horrible is all I can say!!! Staff is so UNfriendly and does not communicate with parents. Worst school my child has ever attended!! If you aren't an SDA you will be treated different than if you were. The staff and school board hide things from the parents.

Posted May 18, 2013
We feel blessed to have the opportunity of sending our son to this school. The teachers are very dedicated not only to the academic growth of the students, but to their spiritual and emotional development as well. We especially appreciate the dynamics a multi-grade classroom brings to the table. Our son was challenged to work above grade level from day one of stepping into his classroom, and while some may think this would pose undo hardship, in reality he thrived and grew academically by leaps and bounds. We can only attribute his progress to his wonderful teachers, who find fun ways to engage the interest of their students. We are also very thankful for the openness and warmness of the staff and principal. We have a very hands-on parenting style, and we wanted to take our son to a school where our values would not be disregarded. We are convinced that this is the best school we could have chosen. For other parents out there: Visit our campus if you get a chance. Let the school speak for itself.

Posted May 14, 2013
We absolutely love this school! The small class sizes is one of my favorite things about it. The ethnic/cultural diversity in the school is also refreshing! It is a close knit school that provides wonderful opportunities for growth and friendship. The teachers work hard to see that issues are taken care of quickly and appropriately. There are lots of opportunities for the parents to get involved and to help out. The school takes pride in all it does. Our kids have LOVED going there! I highly recommend it, and suggest checking out the school for yourself!

Posted September 16, 2010
I have all the respect for this school. They care for all their students from health to education. Both teachers and principal promote all character growth as well as education. My son came from a public school system who enforces medicine for children instead of working with the child. This school works with him on a personal level to be all he can be. I would suggest the school to anyone as a well balanced school.

Posted June 13, 2010
I LOVE this school. The principal is caring and directly involved with each student. At 1st grade level my son was learning Spanish, sign language w/ song and his class had a bell choir with scheduled performances. His teacher was amazing. She knew how to keep discipline in a classroom and yet lovingly teach them how to treat each other kindly. I saw her turn a grumpy group of snipping 6-8 year olds into a giggling group of kids without berating them or yelling at them. My son has bloomed in this school. I handed over a child that was damaged by bullying and ridicule in the public school system and I now have a child that empathizes is more confident and mature than I ever dreamed he could be. This school is the ONLY reason why I hesitate to leave this area despite job opportunities elsewhere.

Posted February 04, 2008
This is a wonderful school. Teacher have excellent management of their classrooms. My child attended for two years and truly learned to love the students and the personal attention from the teacherattention

Posted March 31, 2007
This school provides a great chance for students to learn valuable knowledge without a public school's filter on the education. The teachers are awesome, each with a genuine care for their students. Because of the school's size, everyone knows everyone, and strong bonds are formed between all the students. More academically important, each individual student becomes personally connected to the teachers. If I could go back to any year of my life, it would definitely be the 8th grade year I spent at that school.

Augusta SDA School