K-8|Private

Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Agree (3 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (3 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (3 responses)

Develops character: Strongly agree

This school shows the true character of Jesus. Jesus wasn't a rude or dishonest man, so in that they show if Jesus didn't do it, I shouldn't either. Everyone gets disciplined the same, no one has a lighter consequence than the other. They hold a strong policy to not cheat or lie because those things go hand in hand. Cheating is not what Jesus would do.

I love this school! When I mean love it , I mean I would take all the years I was in that school and do them all over again. I learned so much to be prepared for high school when I graduated from 8th grade. The spiritual side, that you get from each morning worship and all the chapels. It brought me close to God and I appreciate the school for doing that for me. Just because this is an Adventist school doesn't mean we are a colt because they love the student. I'm a living proof that God has worked through each student and they came out better than they came in. I pray that God blesses the school everyday and continues to teach students to go for Christ.

I can not thank enough to the teachers and all the people who work there. Every one is so open to give you a hand at any time, not only in school hours, but beyond. I was homeschooling my kids until I came to Georgia, I was scared of the changes but every one made it possible for us to be and feel at home, all I can say is .....I would do it again, the biblical lessons they learn each day. I praise God for the opportunity given to us.

I recently moved to Augusta, not knowing anyone or of any schools I was relieved to find this private school. My child has opened up so much at this school, she has learned and made friends , all things any parent hopes for and expects. They have activities outside of school as well for the children and parents to participate in as well. It is a safe environment for children to develope, learn , and play . I support this school 100%. The teachers and school board work hard and take the time to help you with any concerns or questions you may have (I had a lot) , as a parent that is at the top of my list . I would run in the opposite direction of any school or teacher that did not take time to communicate with me as a parent . I have been extremely pleased with my own experiences in Augusta first SDA private school and so has my child .

Very unsatisfactory academically. Many safety issues. To be a Christian school, there was very little Bible taught. Teacher interaction was very minimum. Multiple grades in one room which could be a great advantage ---but was not because the teachers were not skilled in teaching multiple grade levels. There was no creativity which is very important when teaching any age ---not skilled at knowing how to make learning fun-- laughter was very rarely heard. There was no eagerness from staff to maintain state standards. With the small class size the students should have been at levels above and beyond their grade level ---instead they were actually behind the public school levels ---not only in reading, and math but in all aspects. Very heart breaking to see your child get behind when as a parent you felt like you were doing the right thing by trying to see that your child was getting a Christian education and then to learn that they were not even getting the basic principles of Christ- like behavior taught or shown by example. I am praying that things will change and someone will step up and stand up for these children, and the proper running of this school !!! Still praying.

I can not say enough about my disappointments in this school. The teacher and principal were acting as if the children were doing the work sent home and learning at the level they should be at but the children do not know the material when asked outside of the school because they were giving the answers.play as well as the school fire alarm/smoke detectors did not work. We were told they had alarm system which later found out did not work. There is a lot of gossiping among the teachers and the principal. There are only a handful of people on the board that knows what goes on and things are kept from the parents and members of the church. The public school could not believe what this private school was not teaching and following any curriculum. The parents are basically not liked if they inquire about their child's progress and the school gets very upset when questioned by parents of their concern. I was even told that if my child didn't improve that this may not be the place for her& they call themselves a Christian school- when my child started at two grades ahead and left there behind.

Horrible is all I can say!!! Staff is so UNfriendly and does not communicate with parents. Worst school my child has ever attended!! If you aren't an SDA you will be treated different than if you were. The staff and school board hide things from the parents.

We feel blessed to have the opportunity of sending our son to this school. The teachers are very dedicated not only to the academic growth of the students, but to their spiritual and emotional development as well. We especially appreciate the dynamics a multi-grade classroom brings to the table. Our son was challenged to work above grade level from day one of stepping into his classroom, and while some may think this would pose undo hardship, in reality he thrived and grew academically by leaps and bounds. We can only attribute his progress to his wonderful teachers, who find fun ways to engage the interest of their students. We are also very thankful for the openness and warmness of the staff and principal. We have a very hands-on parenting style, and we wanted to take our son to a school where our values would not be disregarded. We are convinced that this is the best school we could have chosen. For other parents out there: Visit our campus if you get a chance. Let the school speak for itself.

We absolutely love this school! The small class sizes is one of my favorite things about it. The ethnic/cultural diversity in the school is also refreshing! It is a close knit school that provides wonderful opportunities for growth and friendship. The teachers work hard to see that issues are taken care of quickly and appropriately. There are lots of opportunities for the parents to get involved and to help out. The school takes pride in all it does. Our kids have LOVED going there! I highly recommend it, and suggest checking out the school for yourself!

I have all the respect for this school. They care for all their students from health to education. Both teachers and principal promote all character growth as well as education. My son came from a public school system who enforces medicine for children instead of working with the child. This school works with him on a personal level to be all he can be. I would suggest the school to anyone as a well balanced school.

Last modified Augusta SDA School is a Private school that serves grades K-8