Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Agree (4 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (3 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (3 responses)
Currently, most people answered Agree (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (1 response)

My Son loves this school. He's in the STEM's classes and eager to go to school each day. Great job by the administration and faculty!

Cooper has an amazing administrative team that supports and encourages the teachers, so that the teachers always strive to go above and beyond. The students, in turn, try their best and grow in response to all the care and hard work put into them by their fabulous teachers. It is a wonderful environment. Bad behavior is not tolerated and is dealt with swiftly and succinctly. We are so pleased at our wonderful experience at this school.

First school in Cobb County to be STEM certified. I am so proud to be part of the Cooper Middle Family. Dr. Watkins and her staff work hard to see the students and the school success. I would recommend this school to anyone moving into this area.

Effective school leaders: Strongly agree

Dr. Watkins and her staff are the real deal.

Excellent school! The STEM program is actually certified, and is setting the pace for other schools in the state. The students are bright and involved in the community. Dr. Watkins has set the bar pretty high and it's awesome!! The administration rewards the desired behaviors and hold all accountable. Parents are welcomed and celebrated often. There is a parent Resource room; there are holiday meals with the students; regular celebrations for great accomplishments; and they have had actual rocket scientists work directly WITH the students for STEM. The benefits of the school are wonderful. My students love going to school and also enjoy participating in extracurricular activities. The environment welcomes and encourages learning and fun!

Excellent discipline and administration. My daughter's experience there makes me so proud.

Congrats on the STEM! Teachers care about the success of the students. Please consider shrinking the class sizes though!

Cooper Middle School is an outstanding school. It is the only middle school in Cobb County that is STEM certified. Even prior to them receiving this certification, this school has amazed me and exceeded my expectations to a level where I feel so blessed and grateful! Dr Watkins is incredible! That STEM program (science, technology, engineering, math) is so intriguing and has blown me away several times! Please understand. My daughter went to Cooper from Powder Springs Elementary (another great school that, much like Cooper, is blessed with extremely talented teachers and administration). My family is zoned for Cooper and I, honestly, had concerns about her future education there. However, instead of following old and outdated negative reports about Cooper, I went to Cooper, by myself, and checked things out for myself. I asked for curriculum, background information about the teachers, met with teachers, explored classrooms, etc. They were not expecting me, however, were elated that I took the time to come and check them out in this way. And, much to my great surprise, they went out of their way to give me everything (and them some) that I had asked for. I walked out of that school thrilled and so excited about my daughter's future here. It's been 2 years, she's been in all AC (advanced content) courses since she's been here, she is now going to 8th grade, my younger daughter is going to 6th. This school has impressed me over and over and over again. Extensive study of spinal cord injuries, genetics, Punnet squares, forensics, well-prepared trip to Shepherd Center, programming and 3D printing, amazing mathematics, and social studies projects that would make a child NEVER forget the content, and top-of-the-line Orchestra class, ran by the amazingly talented Mr Justin Owen-Head! The support the students receive is unprecedented! Acknowledgements, t-shirts for like every occasion, goodies, gadgets, many extra curricular activities. And EVERY SINGLE SUNDAY OF THE ENTIRE SCHOOL YEAR Dr Watkins send weekly callouts/emails with updates and reminders so parents and children are ALWAYS in the know. During testing time, the call outs are daily with words of encouragement and wake up calls. Really??? ... (continued, see next)...

Was not happy with this school for my child, nor the unsafe environment would not recommend this school to anyone. Classes are overcrowded which makes hard for learning. Kids are exposed to a lot of negative situations. Regret sending my child to this school.

This school has the potential to be a GREAT school. There are many things standing in the way. Many of the teachers are devoted to the students, but a large number are there simply to collect a check. I've witnessed the students being yelled at, I agree with a previous post. The principal talks the talk but fails at walking the walk. Hopefully they can get their act together before my son has graduated from here.

Last modified Cooper Middle School is a Public school that serves grades 6-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 6 out of 10 based on academic quality.