PK-12|Private

Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (2 responses)

Teacher effectiveness: Agree

Overall, the teachers are effective. Their challenge lies in being effective to all students and not just the majority. Our students are diverse and require a diverse set of teaching techniques. The teachers that are most effective are the ones who teach "outside the box" when necessary to reach a "wondering" mind.

Amount of homework: Agree

Homework varies from grade to grade. Students often have class time to start and possibly finish the assignments - offering the opportunity to get assistance from the teacher instead of requiring the parent to reach in to their brain data base to recall the algebraic equations, history lessons, science facts or grammatical rules they may have long forgotten.

Cumberland Christian Academy is Christ centered - seriously - look at our name 10 letters before Christ and 10 letters following. We are not perfect, but we strive for excellence. Our students range from 3 years of age to 12th grade and are a diverse and wonderful group of students. They are normal and often bring or experience the normal issues that any student at any school (public or private) would have. Our academics are strong, our sports program is excellent, but our focus is on the student's heart, soul and mind. Mistakes are treated as teachable opportunities with consequences for the choices made - both good and bad. My children grew up at CCA and I hope my grandchildren will have the same opportunity. Overall - CCA is an excellent investment in your child's future!

My son attend Cumberland this year for Pre-K 3. Ms. Whitaker was awesome, very caring yet structured to make sure your child has fun, but learns the essentials needed for a strong foundation for education. The class size is perfect and your child will receive all the basics plus more. Including Spanish, bible lessons, and music.

Amount of homework: Disagree

Doesn't provide homework, but my son did so many activities in class there was no need for a 3 year old to have homework.

I was at church recently where the children's minister asked if anyone could name all the books of the Bible. My daughter was the only child that raised her hand. She then sang a wonderful song she had learned at school naming all the books of the Bible. Cumberland has not only taught her a love for science and math, but also for the Bible and worship.

The teachers and staff are amazing, nurturing and very engaging with each student. Student to teacher ratios is also great.

Cumberland Christian Academy is a WONDERFUL school! My daughter has attended since Pre-K at 4 years old. Her teacher, Mrs. Claborn, gave her the solid foundation she'd need to begin her schooling career. I like that the classes are small and many of the younger grades have an aide to help the teachers. We get communication via email and phone each week. The teachers and staff genuinely care for the children. Plus, the students wear uniforms which makes it easy to get ready for school each day. My daughter has grown by leaps and bounds at this school. The Christ-centered education is also a plus. She learns good morals and is on her way to becoming a well-rounded citizen. Thank you Cumberland Christian Academy!

My son is completing his 3rd year at Cumberland and I can't be more pleased. They employ bible-based teachings - academics and behavior. The parents are involved which makes for a student population of God loving, well-behaved, caring, confident children. The only downfall is limited sports and music programs - but, i can deal with that given their excellence elsewhere. I highly recommend Cumberland Christian Academy!

This will be my son's third year at Cumberland. It is amazing how wonderful everyone is at the school. We have had two outstanding teachers in k-4 and k-5.

Last modified Cumberland Christian Academy Pk-12 is a Private school that serves grades PK-12