Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (3 responses)

Dr. Maynard has breathed new life into Clarkdale! She has new ideas and added tons of programs for the children to get involved in. My son attended Clarkdale as well several years ago, but the experience I am having with my daughter at Clarkdale now is a completely different experience. Awesome school!

Since the administration change a year ago, this school has become much more parent-friendly and open to new ideas. The teachers and staff, who have always seemed very committed to children, seem happier as well. The principal is a go-getter who keeps the children in the forefront. I am very pleased!

The administration and staff are actively involved in the education and progression of each student. This is the only elementary school in the state with a band program, and it is phenomenal! The school is clean and beautiful, and the students are loved and nurtured.

Clarkdale Elementary School has rebounded after the flood in 2009 that resulted in a complete rebuilding process. In 2013 a new principal was selected and she has taken the torch from the former principal and hit the ground running with new clubs such as debate and programs like soccer for the students. Both principals and staff have dedicated themselves to a safe, & productive environment committed to higher learning. Speaking as an involved parent, I am happy with the progress, vision and future that Clarkdale brings to the children of Austell.

We are new to the school this year. New administration. Lots of existing and new programs that help to provide a broad and extensive level of learning for the children. Plenty of opportunities available for parent involvement (and it's highly encouraged). We were initially hesitant based on previous reviews and test scores. However, we have been pleasantly surprised by efforts of staff to ensure that learning is the forefront by adding to a child's experience with a wide array of activities during and after school (4th and 5th grade band, Math extension for 5th graders, STEM, Chorus, Musicals, Dance teams, Beta, National Honor Society &more). Since I read these reviews prior to the school year & was quite dissuaded, I wanted to be sure to leave this review with how I feel about Clarkdale.

Staff more focused on the order of their tasks rather than safety. Teacher assaulted my child, principal defended and justified actions of teacher. Had to file police report and press charges to have teacher reprimanded. Principal and other admin staff members to not accept responsibility for faults, they simply justify with an answer that doesn't even flour Cobb county policy. Principal doesn't take bullying seriously and does not put required plan of actions in place, only calls children in het office to speak alone with them (against Cobb co policy) and tells children "just get along." Most og front office staff is very rude and difficult to work with. Principal closed-minded, had no concern for safety of children, avoids parental interactions. You have to get other upper administration, Vice Principal, involved to even help you get resolutions. She is thorough, objective, always fair, has a genuine concern for your child's safety, and always willing to investigate and correct any mistakes made by staff. She had an open for policy and never avoids parental interaction. Unfortunately the principal has the final say and so the VP can only foo so much.

Dating back to the flood of 2009. The students were in danger due to the staff and leadership. Ask any child. When I finally got my child (4th grader) he was totally devastated and his clothing was soaked to the knees. The wonderful therapy that the school provide was a joke. The Principal is bossy and very narrowminded. Now that our students have been relocated to other local schools, I've noticed a segregation atmosphere. These are our students and those are yours. The pissing contest between the teachers and principals. No one cares about these kids and the 2 schools in one seems to be about a paycheck. How much is really givenn back to the students? Sorry but my child got left behind!

Clarkdale's principal and teachers saved 450 kids from of a flash flooding of the school building September 21, 2009. They saved our children's lives! The school was submerged to the roof top within hours of the emergency evacuation. The teachers and staff made our children's safety the top priority over everything else. Many children were traumatized by the event and also by the loss of their homes the same day. Clarkdale's main concern has been not only the emotional needs of our children, but also making sure they all have the basic needs for living. The teachers have lost years of teaching materials and personal belongings. Some teachers are even dealing with the flooding of their own homes, yet they continue to make our children the priority.The school is being house temporarily in extra space at two near-by schools, yet it remains a strong foundation and a second home to our children. The school is not only an excellent place for children to learn academics, but it truly is a family. They have taught my boys many valuable life lessons. I will never be able to repay the staff at Clarkdale!!

Clarkdale is an awesome school. As both a teacher and a parent of a Clarkdale student I have the best of both worlds. I am not a resident of Cobb County but I CHOOSE to bring my child to Clarkdale. My oldest child attended elementary school in another state that was known to have some of the best public schools in the country. However, I feel my oldest child did not receive the education that my youngest is receiving. The entire staff (including the administration) is the best. Teachers along with administration meet regularly to look at the school data in order to meet the needs and goals of all students. You will not find a more dedicated and caring staff anywhere.

This school is great. Clarkdale instituted a music program (band) that introduced students to instruments and music that will prepare them for the middle school environment. Clarkdale also has an awesome drama department. Both programs offer a venue for the children to display their talents. The parents are very supportive and the administrative staff lend their talents & time for the benefit of the children. Great school!

Last modified Clarkdale Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5