Austell, GA

Clarkdale Elementary School 1

Posted February 11, 2014
Staff more focused on the order of their tasks rather than safety. Teacher assaulted my child, principal defended and justified actions of teacher. Had to file police report and press charges to have teacher reprimanded. Principal and other admin staff members to not accept responsibility for faults, they simply justify with an answer that doesn't even flour Cobb county policy. Principal doesn't take bullying seriously and does not put required plan of actions in place, only calls children in het office to speak alone with them (against Cobb co policy) and tells children "just get along." Most og front office staff is very rude and difficult to work with. Principal closed-minded, had no concern for safety of children, avoids parental interactions. You have to get other upper administration, Vice Principal, involved to even help you get resolutions. She is thorough, objective, always fair, has a genuine concern for your child's safety, and always willing to investigate and correct any mistakes made by staff. She had an open for policy and never avoids parental interaction. Unfortunately the principal has the final say and so the VP can only foo so much.

Clarkdale Elementary School 1

Posted September 04, 2010
Dating back to the flood of 2009. The students were in danger due to the staff and leadership. Ask any child. When I finally got my child (4th grader) he was totally devastated and his clothing was soaked to the knees. The wonderful therapy that the school provide was a joke. The Principal is bossy and very narrowminded. Now that our students have been relocated to other local schools, I've noticed a segregation atmosphere. These are our students and those are yours. The pissing contest between the teachers and principals. No one cares about these kids and the 2 schools in one seems to be about a paycheck. How much is really givenn back to the students? Sorry but my child got left behind!

Posted October 03, 2009
Clarkdale's principal and teachers saved 450 kids from of a flash flooding of the school building September 21, 2009. They saved our children's lives! The school was submerged to the roof top within hours of the emergency evacuation. The teachers and staff made our children's safety the top priority over everything else. Many children were traumatized by the event and also by the loss of their homes the same day. Clarkdale's main concern has been not only the emotional needs of our children, but also making sure they all have the basic needs for living. The teachers have lost years of teaching materials and personal belongings. Some teachers are even dealing with the flooding of their own homes, yet they continue to make our children the priority.The school is being house temporarily in extra space at two near-by schools, yet it remains a strong foundation and a second home to our children. The school is not only an excellent place for children to learn academics, but it truly is a family. They have taught my boys many valuable life lessons. I will never be able to repay the staff at Clarkdale!!

Posted October 14, 2007
Clarkdale is an awesome school. As both a teacher and a parent of a Clarkdale student I have the best of both worlds. I am not a resident of Cobb County but I CHOOSE to bring my child to Clarkdale. My oldest child attended elementary school in another state that was known to have some of the best public schools in the country. However, I feel my oldest child did not receive the education that my youngest is receiving. The entire staff (including the administration) is the best. Teachers along with administration meet regularly to look at the school data in order to meet the needs and goals of all students. You will not find a more dedicated and caring staff anywhere.

Posted August 13, 2007
This school is great. Clarkdale instituted a music program (band) that introduced students to instruments and music that will prepare them for the middle school environment. Clarkdale also has an awesome drama department. Both programs offer a venue for the children to display their talents. The parents are very supportive and the administrative staff lend their talents & time for the benefit of the children. Great school!

Posted June 01, 2007
Clarkdale has a family atmosphere and my daughter has been going there since kindergarten.

Posted May 18, 2007
Clarkdale is known as the 'best kept secret in Cobb'. It is a darling school with very dedicated and devoted teachers. However, this school is in desperate need of a change in administration. The principal has served for a long time and she seems to have 'total control' over the teachers, PTA and all other aspects of the school. This can be viewed as positive to a degree. The negative aspect of her control is seen by several teachers leaving abruptly, teachers not expressing their true beliefs and the environment is very rigid and stifling regarding administration. New persons bring new ideas/growth.

Clarkdale Elementary School 3

Posted February 14, 2007
Kindergarten and 1st grade were great, 2nd grade however has been a disappointment. First, there are a lot of special needs or behavior disorder students integrated with other students so they tend to get more attention because their behavior is always an issue. Second, there are quite a few security issues I see as a parent that needs to be addressed. When concerns have been communicated they seem to be ignored or skirted around. My child was sent twice to the clinic, I didn't receive any note saying what happened. A bully attacked my child, he reported it to his teacher, but I never received a note from the school. My child was having trouble with subtraction, the teacher sent him to another teacher for help but I received no communication that he was having trouble.Academics could be more challenging. Great music dept. Good level of parental involvement.

Posted February 01, 2006
Clarkdale is an excellent school which strive to maximize a childs learning. I have two children in the 1st and 3rd grade. Both teacher are great in communicating with the parents, and will take extra steps to ensure their children excell. My only complaint is that the PTA needs to be better organized. I join the PTA three months ago, and have yet to receive any acknowledgment from them. However, I do understand this is due to huge parental participation. The administartion staff is attentive and helps maintain good order and discipline. All of this was good for my children, because we moved from southern California, and the needed a smooth transition process for them. Class size is kept low, which is why test scores are high.

Posted September 28, 2004
My child currently attends clarkdale after moving to georgia from out of state. The teachers and staff at this school are so wonderful!!

Clarkdale Elementary School
4455 Wesley Dr, Austell, GA  30106
Last modified Clarkdale Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-5
Clarkdale Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 10 reviews. Top