Posted June 03, 2014
The mentality of the school has gone down tremendously. The children act and sound as if they live in the 'hood' and seem to impersonate gang-bangers. I have had two children graduate and my third child just finished freshman year there. We are moving to East Cobb. I remained an active parent and that is the ONLY way that I didn't lose my children there. Kudos to the principal and a few other teachers/administrators because they really have their hands full.

South Cobb High School 5

Posted April 09, 2014
After listening to so many so-so answers. Before my child attended SCHS, I found SCHS to be just as Excellent and Superior as all the other High Schools. This comment from a parent that is very particular about where my children education comes from. Also, both kids attended private schools. I think its all about the parent and the child studying, listening, respect, and wanting to be EDUCATED!!!!

Posted January 08, 2014
I am a Freshman at South Cobb, for middle school I went to a private school which in comparison was much better. In terms of public school South Cobb has a lot of opportunities such as the Magnet program and AP classes. If you take advantage of different activities at South Cobb you will have a better experience. However unlike the private school I went to they have a percentage of students who act negatively. I have had someone attempt to steal my phone, and seen a fight during class. This percentage can be found at just about any school. If you are friends with people who are not this percentage and you are not this percentage you will be fine. Over all in terms of public school South Cobb is a good school with great teachers, a good principle and some amazing students such as myself. If you are looking for a good Public High School, South Cobb might just be for you! You should try it and see if you'd like to stay

Posted January 06, 2014
im not gunna lie, this may be the best student oriented school, 4 out of 5 years i lived in this area have been the best of my life, the longer you stay the better it gets

Posted September 30, 2013
South Cobb High School has the most dedicated teachers and principal. The students are motivated to achieve the highest standards and excel in their community. Go Eagles !!!

Posted September 27, 2013
I graduated from SCHS in '89 and my children are now attending and I think for the most park the school is doing the best they can with the funds that they have. Kids who want to learn will learn and those who don't want to learn will make it harder for the teacher to do their job. Over populated classrooms, because noone can afford to pay for more teachers in each subject. It would be wonderful if we could get volunteers to assist with tutoring after school programs for children who are struggling in their studies. Facing these challenges I believe SCHS still has great things to offer, with a great group of kids, caring teachers and a good staff.

Posted September 26, 2013
My daughter is a Freshman at South Cobb High school. I have been monitoring ALL of the schools in Cobb County for some time now and SCHS is definitely improving. A school's success lies beyond test results and statistics. You must be involved to experience the positive changes and not rely on negative word of mouth or isolated incidents. EVERY school has issues. There are a lot of great/effective programs, students and educators at SCHS. Unfortunately, only certain schools receive accolades or recognition. We need to get the word out about the positive impact SCHS is making.

Posted September 26, 2013
South Cobb has teachers that truly want the students to do their best. Also, South Cobb High School has really great classes and teaching methods

Posted September 24, 2013
I am parent with 6 students that attended south Cobbi now have 4 left. I see a big difference since my first child attended. I'm not from here and I don't see s lot of patent involvement in the schools in this area. I have seen students skipping, cursing disrespect teachers which is unacceptable. I like South Cobb it has potential to striving to bring successful but we as parents and a community need to come together and changing what's going on around us. Let's take our community back let's Build Our Schools, it can be done do let's do it..

Posted September 12, 2013
My son has attended SCHS going on 4 years. He has always attended a private school. He went from a school of about 200 students to a school of almost 2000. Once we both started getting involved, we began to see the difference in not only the school, but in his behavior and attitude toward the school. SCHS is definitely moving in the right direction and the principal- Mr Hosey is right on target. He is determined to see that this school is one that stands amongst the greatest of schools. I strongly encourage those who are currently and are thinking about attending SCHS, to get involved and make a difference. The school is only as good as the administrators, parents, and students make it. Although my son will be graduating next year, i still plan to continue my involvement because I see the great things that the administrators want for the school and with the community, parents, and administrators involved, the sky is the limit as to the great school this will be. Although I ranked the teachers and parents at the level that I did, again, the school is definitely moving in the right direction as long as they keep Mr Hosey. Let start being apart of the solution. Lets get involved.

South Cobb High School
1920 Clay Rd, Austell, GA  30106
Last modified South Cobb High School is a Public school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 5 out of 10 based on academic quality.
South Cobb High School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 64 reviews. Top