Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Agree (2 responses)

I went to this school in the 90s and hated every moment of it. The teachers didn't seem to care about actually teaching. If I'd ask questions, they'd either smart off or act like I was being inconsiderate to even try to learn something. I was bullied by several students and South Cobb's staff never seemed to care. I honestly, was a happy kid until attending this school and the way I was treated and the things I saw happen there changed me. My GPA was a 1.6 when I attended South Cobb and luckily, in my 11th year, I transferred to a different school because I couldn't handle being bullied at South Cobb any longer, and at that different school, I ended up on the Honor Roll because it was a much better school and the staff cared about the students. I would never in a million years recommend South Cobb to anyone. If I had a teenager and that was the only school he/she could go to- I would honestly home-school them.

Overall, the kids at South Cobb are great. It's just the few bad ones that give the school a bad reputation. This school is judged by any and every problem that occurs, but never recognized for the many accomplishments by its students and dedicated principal. I am a senior in the Magnet program here and must say that I could never imagine being anywhere else. Out of the multiple schools I've been to, I can honestly say that I've encountered some of the hardest- working, determined students while at South Cobb. I am proud to be a part of this family because as our principal reminds us everyday, "We are NOT what people may say, WE are NOT what people may think, We ARE better than they ever could imagine. Just come on down to South Cobb and see what we're truly capable of.

this school has done some great things i am very satisfied and happy on how good my daughter has progressed

Principal cares about the kids! He is a great mentor to young men. Parents need to step up to the plate and support their kid/ kids and their community! Greaux Dr. Hosey!

The mentality of the school has gone down tremendously. The children act and sound as if they live in the 'hood' and seem to impersonate gang-bangers. I have had two children graduate and my third child just finished freshman year there. We are moving to East Cobb. I remained an active parent and that is the ONLY way that I didn't lose my children there. Kudos to the principal and a few other teachers/administrators because they really have their hands full.

After listening to so many so-so answers. Before my child attended SCHS, I found SCHS to be just as Excellent and Superior as all the other High Schools. This comment from a parent that is very particular about where my children education comes from. Also, both kids attended private schools. I think its all about the parent and the child studying, listening, respect, and wanting to be EDUCATED!!!!

I am a Freshman at South Cobb, for middle school I went to a private school which in comparison was much better. In terms of public school South Cobb has a lot of opportunities such as the Magnet program and AP classes. If you take advantage of different activities at South Cobb you will have a better experience. However unlike the private school I went to they have a percentage of students who act negatively. I have had someone attempt to steal my phone, and seen a fight during class. This percentage can be found at just about any school. If you are friends with people who are not this percentage and you are not this percentage you will be fine. Over all in terms of public school South Cobb is a good school with great teachers, a good principle and some amazing students such as myself. If you are looking for a good Public High School, South Cobb might just be for you! You should try it and see if you'd like to stay

im not gunna lie, this may be the best student oriented school, 4 out of 5 years i lived in this area have been the best of my life, the longer you stay the better it gets

South Cobb High School has the most dedicated teachers and principal. The students are motivated to achieve the highest standards and excel in their community. Go Eagles !!!

I graduated from SCHS in '89 and my children are now attending and I think for the most park the school is doing the best they can with the funds that they have. Kids who want to learn will learn and those who don't want to learn will make it harder for the teacher to do their job. Over populated classrooms, because noone can afford to pay for more teachers in each subject. It would be wonderful if we could get volunteers to assist with tutoring after school programs for children who are struggling in their studies. Facing these challenges I believe SCHS still has great things to offer, with a great group of kids, caring teachers and a good staff.

Last modified South Cobb High School is a Public school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 4 out of 10 based on academic quality.