Austell, GA

Sanders Elementary School 1

Posted May 13, 2014
Sanders is not a good school, unless you have low standards for educating your child. The staff is lousy and there is no strong leadership at the school. I think the school could progress if parents, CCSD, the superintendent and the teachers had a vested interest in seeing the school succeed. The school receives Title 1 funds but new ways need to be discovered for utilization. Where we live now, schools like Sanders are being closed, teachers fired for lack of progress. I have high expectations for my children and Sanders cannot help them on their journey.

Sanders Elementary School 2

Posted May 13, 2014
My child has been at this school since kindergarten and has had good teachers but they are faced with disciplining more than teaching. It's too bad more parents don't find it their responsibility to discipline at home; instead they expect the teachers to do it at school. This takes away from the education of the students who are disciplined. The communication home to the parents on the progress of your child is disappointing! My child only brings home graded school work with report cards because many kids don't bring it home to their parents. The teachers attach it to report cards to ensure parents are getting to it. This goes back to the involvement with the child by the parents at home. Parents who are involved are now punished. The lack of seeing graded school work during the semester is too bad because I have less of an idea how my child is really doing until his/her report card comes home. I am involved with his/her homework every night but how do I know he/she is really grasping the material if I don't see his/her graded homework come home?! I feel my child is safe, but I am not happy with the education level at this Title 1 school. Be very careful of Title 1 schools!

Posted October 24, 2013
I'm a parent of formal 4 Sanders students and now have a kindergartener I can say there ifs a big change in the school from them til now. I believe it can get better if we receive more parent involvement. I'm going to give this school a try because I was tempted to take my daughter out but I'm going to take a stand as a parent and be the voice for this school we need more parent engagement please parents lets make our children school the best there is.

Sanders Elementary School 3

Posted February 18, 2013
My child attended Sanders for 1 year - first grade. His teacher was great, and the special education staff was very attentive and professional. We ended up moving and my children are now enrolled in a better rated school, but as far as teacher-parent communication goes, I still prefer Sanders. Too bad there's no diversity and very little parent involvement.

Posted June 03, 2012
Sanders is a great school with engaged administration and excellent teachers. My child has been at Sanders for 3 years and she has excelled. We have had teachers that truly care abou the children. I recommend anyone looking at Sanders to stop by and meet with the principal and staff.

Posted May 17, 2009

Posted May 06, 2009
I love Sandersl! We just returned to the school and the faculty & staff is very polished. The environment is warm and friendly. I really feel that my children are getting what they need at Sanders. The only thing missing is more parent participation. Actually, I think the rating should be slightly higher (5 or 6) because the test scores were great overall!

Posted October 02, 2008
The lack of supervision in the cafeteria (during breakfast and lunch) has led to bullying and intimidation of students who are very good students and dont have the confidence to tell a teacher and expect a result.

Posted September 30, 2008
I love Sanders! My son has been there for 3 years and we haven't had a problem. He learns alot and has had great teachers!

Sanders Elementary School 4

Posted August 12, 2008

Sanders Elementary School
1550 Anderson Mill Rd, Austell, GA  30106
Last modified Sanders Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 3 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Sanders Elementary School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 25 reviews. Top