Ungraded
Avondale Estates, GA

Avondale Middle School 3

Posted October 16, 2010
I am a student-teacher from a local college and I can say that Avondale Middle School is a great school with lots of potential! The atmosphere of the teachers and staff is great. I Think it is unfair to judge the school based on the parents. It is true that parents need to be more involved, but the teachers really do try. I think the culture of the home life is affecting the student's attitudes and the teachers can sometimes get overwhelmed. I overheard some teachers say that they wish they could have a parent-teacher day in which they could establish standards for creating a positive culture for the kids at home and at school. The Turner Middle Annex incorporated into the school also provides some challenges, but other than that I think Avondale is an okay school if you are a good parent that communicates with your child's teacher.

Avondale Middle School 4

Posted February 28, 2008
Hello my name is clarence and i am the 8th grade from avondale i think avondale is a good school and the staff is very well disaplan we have to tuck in our shirt and pull up our pants for the boys and we have some good teacher and they can teach yall might thinks it bad because it might have to many fight but to tell you the truth we dont have that many fights and now if we get to fighting we have to go for a hearing depending how bad it is thwn if you fail the hearing you have to go to court be put out of school for about up to 3-10 days out of school.the teacher is kind of lame from the students point of view but they do care about our education and they wont let you stop no one from them from learning.

Avondale Middle School 2

Posted December 02, 2005
I pulled my child out of this school after 2.5 years- which was too long. This school is much more concerned about things other than our childrens education. There is very minimal parent involvement. Please, make sure you take a look at the test scores, they speak for themselves. Melinda Orr

Posted April 02, 2004