Public charter
Baconton, GA

Baconton Community Charter School 3

Posted April 30, 2013
I agree the school is the best that Mitchell county has to offer but the staff is unbelievable. Most of them act like little snob nose high school girls. The vice principal is a joy. There is some work that could be done to make the so much better I think that some of the staff needs to get it together and if you don't want to teach or be bother with kids and making sure they get top of the line education then you need to move out of the way and allow a teacher to teach that has passion and wants every child to excel! Get it together bccs

Baconton Community Charter School 1

Posted February 17, 2012
Compared to the other schools Mitchell Co has to offer, the education is unbeatable; the other schools are sub-par in general, & Baconton is the best choice. However, that doesn't make up for the catty, gossipy, judgmental atmosphere that clings to teachers & staff. Kids/teens are synonymous with bullying, but it is inexcusable that the teachers & office staff partake in judging students, relaying rumors, & gossiping relentlessly. I graduated in 2011 & have attended since it opened in 2001. Over the years, the catty, gossiping is one of the few things that have stayed the same since the school opened. On several, several occasions (more than I can count), I personally have had teachers or staff bad-mouth other students in front of me & other students. For the school to preach character, majority of the people on payroll have none whatsoever. There is a handful of people left who truly care about each individual student, such as the principal, vice principal, and a few teachers. Unfortunately, most of the people your child will have to see every single day (esp. office ladies)have the mindset of a snotty teenage girl,& seem inconvenienced & annoyed at your child's presence.

Baconton Community Charter School 1

Posted October 13, 2011
I too was an employee, and still have children at this once great school. I was impressed overall at the begining... now I am dissapointed in everything. Discipline has gone out the window, dress code is no longer enforced, elementary ed. standards have been dumbed down from exceeding the state standards to only just meeting the standards, students who request help on subjects are told they might be able to get some help "next week when football,baseball cheerleading is over". Too much attention is being place on the sports aspects of the school and what "Looks Good" rather than the academics and behavior. Special ed is over worked, understaffed, teachers have no accountability from administration, exessive absences are pooh poohed away..The once great Blaze is now a pretty picture with no Heat, no Fire and only a memory of a once great thing. RIP Blazers.. the dream is dead.

Posted May 16, 2011
I have a grandson that I put in BCCS this year. It was the best thing that I have done for him. He was in the Mitchell Co. Scholls for two years. BCCS is so much better. He was behind when he started but did not take long for him to catch up. The teachers are the best I have seen and they put 100 plus in all that they do.

Posted April 18, 2011
I have two children attending the Baconton Community Charter School. I can truly see the difference in them both since they have been there. I see the difference both academically and socially. Moving them to this school was the best decision that I could have made for the educational future. I would recommend this school to any parent concerned about their child's educational and social needs.

Baconton Community Charter School 0

Posted October 13, 2010
THIS SCHOOL RAISES THE BAR ON EDUCATION! IT SHOWS THRU TEST SCORES AND THE PARENT INVOLVMENT! NOT TO MENTION THE ENROLLMENT HAS SOARED SINCE THE DOORS OPENED TEN YRS AGO! VERY PROUD OF THIS CHARTER SCHOOL!

Baconton Community Charter School 0

Posted March 08, 2010
I have been at baconton since the beginning of the year. I love it already. It is very family orientEd and has great learning standards. I am currently an eighth grade student and I love it there!!!!!;)

Posted February 24, 2010
I have 2 daughters in this school.This is our first year and we all love it.Totally different that regular public school.Everyone is commited 100%.Moving our girls here was one of the best things we ever did.

Posted August 29, 2009
I am not only a mother of 3 Baconton Blazers I am also an employee. I love our school and feel so blessed to have my children in such a positive enviroment.

Posted August 20, 2009

Baconton Community Charter School
260 E Walton St, Baconton, GA  31716
Last modified Baconton Community Charter School is a Charter school that serves grades PK-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 8 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Baconton Community Charter School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 20 reviews. Top