Posted September 26, 2014
Terrible school. There are few decent teachers but that's about it all things considered. This school is corrupt and defeats the purpose of education.

Baldwin Elementary School 2

Posted July 22, 2013
I had my son in this school and immediately was not happy starting in kindergarten. His teacher was not friendly and would punish him by taking away snacks or make him walk in the hot sun. We were new to the state and school so he was very nervous and had a tough transition and she did nothing to try to help. I had several meeting with her which only resulted with them telling me to get my son tested for ADHD...when I spoke to his doctor about it he didn't think he even needed to test him! First grade he had a wonderful teacher named mrs fricks who really helped him a lot and he learned so much with her! Unfortunately he was bullied in first grade and in the 2 years there he had made no friends. When this was addressed to the school they didn't really seem concerned and after emailing the guidance counselor and never reviewing anything back we actually decided to move out of the district just so we could take our children to another schools. I have taught before and was just very shocked and disappointed with the way things were run there, they seem to have no concern for my sons well being and self esteem. Although he exceeded academically there really needs to be more than that

Posted July 27, 2009
I had 2 kids in Baldwin, and we loved it! My oldest was in 2nd, and my younger in K when we moved out of state. We put our kids in the 'best school in Greenville Co, SC', and it was horrible! We ended up pulling them out to homeschool, but the kids still talk about Mr. Maxwell, the principal at Baldwin, as what a teacher or admin should be like. My oldest was very gifted and Mr. Maxwell and his teachers went out of their way to challenge him. My younger one has ADHD and they also went out of their way to make sure she was learning and having fun. I would like to very much caution parents against putting too much stock in CRCT scores... they don't take the population of the schools into consideration. A more fair judgment would be to compare schools against themselves yearly.

Posted July 27, 2009
I have 5 children that have attended or are attending Baldwin. It is a great school. The principal, assistant, and office ladies are wonderful. They will do anything they can to help. They bend over backwards to make everyone feel welcome. We love the school!

Posted May 24, 2009
I have children that attended Baldwin Elementary in the past. They have fine teachers here. We enjoyed Ms. Bagwell , Mrs. Whittington, Mrs. Holliday, and Mrs. Jones very much! The principal is not the most personable fellow you'll ever meet. The office ladies are always to busy to wait on you .. and the lunches were horrible! They have no achool activites .. no field trips. We have since moved and in 3 weeks at the kids new school .. boy what difference a move makes! Their new school is top notch!!! The teachers .. principle and office staff are awesome! My youngest son was having some problems at Baldwin .. it was effecting his work .. I see now it was the teacher .. not my son! He is now thriving in his new school!!! He is excited and having fun learning! They have a lot to work on at Baldwin.

Posted May 23, 2009

Posted March 11, 2009

Posted December 30, 2007
Three of my four children attended Baldwin Elementary School. I feel that they received so much more than an 'academic' education. They were loved and respected and allowed to be themselves. The principal, assistant principal, and the office ladies are so nice. They go out of their way to help you. Mrs. Simpson, Mrs. Loudermilk, and Mrs. Jones are in my opinion the best teachers ever. If there was ever a more enthusisastic kindergarden teacher than Mrs. Simpson, I have yet to meet them. Thanks to her my child got a wonderful start in public school. Mrs. Loudermilk completelty turned my reluctant reader into a student who always has a book in their hand reading. She made reading exciting and meaningful. Mrs. Jones is a patient and caring teacher. She went the extra mile for my child. The only complaint from my kids was the food in the lunchroom.

Baldwin Elementary School 4

Posted September 27, 2007
My child is only in kindergarten but what makes the school for me is her teacher and the vice principal. They seem to genuinely care about the welfare and education of the children and also what the parents have to say. The principal is not so warm, but you cannot have everything

Baldwin Elementary School 2

Posted March 03, 2005
- a former student

Baldwin Elementary School
894 Willingham Ave, Baldwin, GA  30511
Last modified Baldwin Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 3 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Baldwin Elementary School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 10 reviews. Top