Ball Ground, GA

Posted August 26, 2014
The Principal is awesome! Very interactive with the students and is definitely a positive attribute to the school. The STEM program is a plus as well. My son is very happy here and loves the teachers.

Ball Ground Elementary School 4

Posted August 15, 2010
BGES is an above average school, with exceptional teachers and staff. My daughter went to kindergarten at Ball Ground last year and she had an excellent year. Her teacher certainly went out of her way to provide a wonderful education; she was organized, disciplined, and loving. The principal knows the school, the kids, and even gets to know the parents. A great school...unfortunately we had to move out of state. We will miss BGES!

Posted September 16, 2009
BGES Always has the most awesome teachers and the most up to date technology. My nieces attend here and my son will in a few years. I can't wait!

Posted June 23, 2009
Having a child at Ball Ground Elementary School has been a blessing. My child started in Kindergarden, his teacher just won teacher of the year...his First grade teachers just got her Master's Degree and was awarded honors with Cherokee County. His second grade teacher gave him a love for reading and spelling beyond my dreams...His third grade teacher has a Master's in Science and brought helped my son to maintain an honor's status and love of all subjects...she told me my son was a wonderful student and she enjoyed him so much...now...this child...I could not get past the pre-school desk without a yellow note..LOL...BGES principal Doug Knott goes above and beyond his duties as Principal. I am so thankful for finding this little town and loving it so much. I also have had the opportunity to serve on the executive board of the PTA for the last 2 years...what a school!

Posted July 27, 2008
I have a daughter who will be in 3rd grade this year at Ball Ground and a son who will be starting the preschool program here. The 2 years my daughter has been at Ball Ground has been the best two years ever. She has learned so much from wonderful teachers. I can't wait for another great year. Mr. Knott is very hands-on, and knows how to display great leadership skills.

Posted June 07, 2008

Posted October 24, 2007
My daughter only got to attend Ball Ground for 5 months in her Kindergarten year and she and I LOVED it! Mrs. Redman is OUTSTANDING and so is Principal Knott! We felt so welcome and got that warm fuzzy feeling that you hope to get at an elementary school. We had to move and would come back to Ball Ground if we could just so our daughter and son could attend there. We are in a very high rated school now but it can't compare to Ball Ground in any way shape or form! Learning should be fun and it is at Ball Ground! We miss you!

Posted August 22, 2007
I have had a student in Ball Ground Elementary since 1999. I loved it then and love it even more now. While our old principal was efficient and hands-ons our new principal is even more so. He also has new ideas about how to make things work for the betterment for all students at our school. He cares about everything from student test scores to how the flower beds are maintained. I could not be happier anywhere else. The teachers are top-rate...some nationally certified...this is the greatest elementary school in cherokee county and perhaps in all Georgia counties, but shhh! don't tell everyone we're getting pretty full!

Posted August 05, 2007
Ball Ground is terrific growing community and I believe that my daughter is achieving socially and academically in this 'Mayberry' environment. As a former teacher with 10 years experience and a child entering her 3rd year at the school, I feel that BGES is an excellent school and run by a principal that has a vision and 'realistically' works within the system to provide a wonderful learning and working environment for the success of students, teachers, and parents.

Ball Ground Elementary School 4

Posted May 19, 2006
One parent wrote:'but he's trying to run a small, rural school like he would in New York'. If upgrading the library to be one of the 21st century, not the 18th, having a 300% growth to the PTA,motivating the teachers to upgrade school test scores, being available to whoever needs him --is running a school as in NY, well bring him on ! The previous principal let the school coast. This new principal is the leader that this school needed.

Ball Ground Elementary School
480 Old Canton Rd, Ball Ground, GA  30107
Last modified Ball Ground Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5
Ball Ground Elementary School Rating: 5 out of 5 based on 13 reviews. Top