Bethlehem Christian Academy

Private | PK-12

Living in Bethlehem

Situated in a suburban neighborhood. The median home value is $117,500. The average monthly rent for a 2 bedroom apartment is $770.

Sweep tile

Posted yesterday

My child graduated from BCA last year. We were so excited to see our child go off to college and start a new chapter. After just one semester he failed out and could not handle it. We thought we provided the best education and BCA prepared him for college but I guess not. What a mistake we made keep our child in BCA for as long as we did. I called and talked to other parents that had students graduate from BCA and come to find out 4 out of 8 students that graduated last year have failed out of college after the first semester. These were not large SEC schools these were community colleges. The year before had others to drop out also. Just wondering how many other students have failed out of college and what is the ratio? With this large amount of students not being able to handle college what type of education are they really getting at BCA. Having a report card that shows A s and B s does not mean they received an educated.

Posted March 24, 2014

After reading some of the posts here, I am confused. My child has been at BCA for many years, and my entire family only has positive things to say about BCA. I asked some of my friends who have left BCA, due to financial or geographical reasons, and it seems their children are at the top of their class, several have even been accepted into accelerated learning programs because of their high tests scores. They also told me to stay at BCA as long as we can, and that they would return in a heartbeat if they could. I, for one, congratulate BCA on continually updating their curriculum to match the needs of my child and her classmates. Some people call these "changes" strange or questionable. I call them advancing and strengthening my child's education. If you are looking for a place who will help your child reach their potential, BCA is the place. Whether you want high academics, a great sports program, or a place where Christ is the center of everything, BCA is THAT place. We will continue to keep our daughter here until she graduates. And we are positive this is the best decision we will ever make.

Posted March 20, 2014

Enough has been said in previous post by real parents. I removed my child from this school and would never return or encourage anyone to attend this school.

Posted March 10, 2014

We thought we were entering a new phase in our life by putting our children in a private school. We wanted a school the excelled in academics and sports. We looked at many schools in our surrounding are and choose BCA. Only after the first 4 months we started getting the impression that we made the wrong decision. Just in the first half of the year the promises just kept falling thru with many excesses. We will finish this year but will not be back. I would not recommend this school to anyone. It is not worth the lower tuition or location.

Posted March 6, 2014

My kids have grown so much this year at BCA. I am excited about the future of this wonderful school. When you have a heart for God and keep improving on the details every day, the result is amazing. No school is perfect, but BCA is a great place for strong family feel and talented teachers who care about their students. Valuable learning is happening each and every day. My son was not thriving socially at his public school. We transferred to BCA and I have seen firsthand that the academics are stronger than his public school, his teachers know him and care about his progress, and he is happy in the student body. I hope people will not read negative reviews from people who obviously have critical spirits and a grudge for some personal reason. Come see for yourself! There is a place for every kid to thrive and grow. BCA is definitely worth checking out. I am so glad we did!

Posted February 19, 2014

Senior student has highest SAT score for Barrow County. That would be something BCA should be proud of but that student was educated at another private school not BCA. This is his first year at BCA so stop taking credit for something you did not do. Why don't they discuss the failure rate of students in collage or if you take out the one students SAT score (the highest in Barrow county) and then what is the average. Well it is very low. When teachers get called in for meetings when a student is failing and not to discuss why but to discuss that students can't have failing grades at BCA that is a problem. Just because students have high grades does not mean they earned them. I agree with other post "Stay away from this school" the lower cost is not worth the lack of education

Posted January 29, 2014

Amazing things academically happening at BCA. Just in the last month, BCA's senior candidate for the Page STAR program took top SAT score in Barrow County (including public and private schools). As well, BCA won the GISA State Championship in Public Forum Debate for A-AAA schools. BCA continues to exercise the freedom to find the best curricula available for its students, which is why I chose the school: The administration is committed to providing the highest calibre education, including a hands-on approach that makes strong and smart thinkers and teaches children to fall in love with the learning process at the same time. As a professional educator myself (I don't teach now), I continue to be amazed at the academic excellence that is the top priority at BCA. My children are thriving, and their test scores reflect it. Academic excellence. A heart for God. Love for my children. I couldn't be more thrilled as a parent, and my children couldn't be happier.

Posted January 29, 2014

When my daughter left this school and transferred to a classical school she was way behind in academics. She was in 7th grade at the time. Also, very low opinion of the administrative staff who are passive-aggressive in their dealings with us since we left the school. I am disappointed in the way a Christian school would treat others simply for transferring to another school. My daughter's test scores were much lower than what they should have been when given an entrance exam to attend the classical school. I also noticed that other parents whose children were struggling learners were very happy with BCA, possible due to the low expectations. Stay away from this school; the sales pitch is awesome and the property looks awesome, but the reality does not match. Another concern is the fact that this school allows those who have been suspended from their previous school or otherwise have done poorly at another school to attend BCA so that they will be "loved on". This is a noble idea if when those students begin BCA they are monitored carefully. BCA does not seem to do this, instead bullying behaviors and overall little control of discipline is evident.

Posted January 28, 2014

Failure rate at BCA is a concern. My child came home today and told me that now there are 4 of the 8 students that graduated last year have dropped out of college and they dropped out of a very small college not even a large school. This is a concern as to if my child is getting the education I thought she was getting. I started asking around and nobody at BCA would answer my questions directly. All I got was the run around and dancing around the questions. I see other post where other parents are concerned that when they removed there children form BCA they struggled in other private schools and public schools. Just because you have accreditation does not mean you are educating to a childs full potential. Maybe I should look into contacting SACS to see there standards and accountability process.

Posted November 21, 2013

It continues to happen at BCA. Constant Flip Flopping of policies, rules, and educating standards. I would think after years in the education business that you would have set policies, set curriculum, set standards, set procedures, and set standards. But not at BCA, it seems like every year drastic changes that are going make a difference always seem to change as soon as someone usually a volunteer come by with a new idea. I found out this week after talking to my child s teacher they are changing the curriculum again. It seems that it is changed yearly but this year they are getting another curriculum since a volunteer homeschool parent has a better idea. I thought that administration sets the curriculum and policies. I guess if you have administration that does not even have an education degree or a degree in education administration you probably would turn to anyone to help you do the job you are getting paid for. I think it is time for a change.

Posted October 3, 2013

My kids have attended BCA since 2004 and I can't imagine there being a better school for them. I am so blessed that my kids have teachers who, not only love and care for them, but reinforce the disciplines and morals we teach at home. My 8th grader is thriving academically, spiritually and socially in an incredible middle school program. BCA's middle school staff is second to none! I've been so impressed by his Bible teacher who has made Scripture come alive and is teaching our kids that God's Word IS relevant to our culture today. The coaches reinforce discipline and sportsmanship on and off the field. Our elementary teachers mix academic responsibility with just the right amount of nurturing our young ones need. My 1st and 5th graders are excelling academically and really do love going to school! The teacher retention rate is very high, which, I believe, speaks highly of the administration and the program. BCA is like a second home to my kids and we love our BCA family!

Posted September 16, 2013

This is my first year at BCA, we transferred from another small private school that closed. During our tour and conservations with different administration at BCA we were very impressed with what they had to say. Great sales pitch but the problem that I have found is most of what I was told was not correct information. It seems like my questions were answered with what they thought I wanted to hear. I have also been amazed at the number of teachers I have talked to that have little to no respect for administration. Telling me to always double check what they say because most of the time they do not follow thru with anything. Last but not least, the total confusion and lack of organization is just beyond me. It is like the entire school is being managed as a small preschool not a reputable private school.

Posted August 28, 2013

I moved my kids into that school when my son was in 10th grade and my daughter was in 7th. My son has now graduated from this school and my daughter is in 10th grade. When we first came there my son did not want to move schools but we felt like this was the best thing for our children. The staff of BCA embraced him and loved on him and was very patient with him as he got used to this new school for him. My daughter new she was a the right place as soon as she stepped foot on that campus. She has loved it ever since. Both of my children have had opportunities in this school that they would not have had at other schools. If you have any questions I will personally talk to you about how awesome this school is. They love the Lord and they love those children and are willing to go ABOVE and BEYOND to meet the kids goals and expectations. I HIGHLY recommend this school.

Posted August 9, 2013

My family has been a part of BCA for the past 7 years. I am a parent who is truly blessed to be a part of this school. In any situation in life you have the good and the bad. When you are growing in any part of life, you have growing pains. I have the greatest respect for the way the school has grown and the steps it takes each year to become a better school. I feel that the education that my children are getting will continue to carry them through college and life as needed. I have experienced the school from kindergarten thru the 12 grade and I truly feel that this school is growing into a wonderful place. Each year it is amazing to see and hear about the learning the staff has gone through to continue to keep up with requirements the state gives. The headmaster has put so much work into the growth of our school and works very hard to make our school a great place. I truly recommend BCA a place for kids to learn and become a part of a family that will make a difference of a lifetime. I know it has for my family.

Posted July 22, 2013

Love BCA!! It is truly like an extended family! Teachers are awesome and care about the students. BCA is growing which is allowing for more club and sports opportunities. I thank God for bringing us here.

Posted May 21, 2013

There are many inconsistencies from year to year. With a major lack of teacher / staff accountability the teachers do whatever they want. We decided to take our straight A student out of the school for financial reasons and put him in public school. The public school is now talking about holding my son back one year to catch up. I have not enrolled in summer school. I always wondered why my son was a B - C student in public school and when he went to BCA thinking he was going to get a better education he became an A student with little to no homework. It seems that he did not get an education at BCA and now we have to pay for summer school to catch up to public school standards.

Posted May 20, 2013

BCA has been a God-send for our family. My four children have absolutely thrived in this Christian environment. The academic program is far ahead of the public school where my children previously attended. My kids are not only academically thriving, but the faculty truly cares for them as a whole person. They are genuine Christians who pour spiritual truth into my kids every day. I know from comparing BCA to the previous school that the peer group is so much better for them, as well. I can not say enough great things about BCA. I am thankful for a school where my children get great academics, but also people who care about their hearts!!!

Posted May 20, 2013

I can not imagine my two children attending any other school. They truly feel like BCA is their home. They are loved, challenged, and nurtured by the wonderful teachers there in fact, every staff-member our family has ever dealt with has been professional, kind, and obviously called to teach, care for, and minister to kids and their families. We have attended BCA for six years and all my kids, although very different learners, have found success. I thank God daily for our school-BCA!!

Posted May 20, 2013

My son is graduating this year and I can not say enough about the BCA teachers, administration, and families. They have really helped my son grow and mature. They care about all the students more than any other school we have been to. He has also learned more in the past two years than he did in many other years combined. I know they are growing. I am proud we made the choice to come to Bethlehem. It has been amazing.

Posted May 17, 2013

Most fabulous school EVER! Teachers are genuinely concerned about our children. They are the most loving, caring, genuine and Christ-like people in the world!! My child is thriving in every way: spiritually, emotionally, academically and socially! They truly care about the students and want each and every one of them succeed. They will go to any length to see our children succeed!

Asian 0% 2%
Source: NCES, 2009-2010

Science, Technology, Engineering, & Math (STEM)

• Computer lab

• Coed
Affiliation
  • Baptist
Associations
  • ACSI
  • CSI

Specific academic themes or areas of focus

• Religious