PK-12|Private

Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Disagree (1 response)

Amount of homework:
SCHOOL LEADER
BCA believes that parents give their students to them to educate for 7 hours. Current policy is for the teachers to plan meaningful instruction time where our children can learn during these 7 hours. Family time is incredibly important to BCA families; therefore, minimal homework with meaningful quality is assigned.
Posted November 19, 2015

Teacher effectiveness:
SCHOOL LEADER
BCA teachers love to teach, they love their students, and they love Jesus! The academic and spiritual influence they have on their students is life changing. I consider it a ministry for the faculty and staff at the school.
Posted November 19, 2015

Develops character: Agree

I appreciate a staff that has strong Christian values that drive their personal choices as well as how they guide students.

I am not only a long-time parent at this school; I'm also an educator. We've chosen this school for our family for several reasons. The academics are excellent, proven by excellent test results and college admissions for our older 2, but you get more at BCA. You get a family for your children. We know that our children are nurtured and called to their highest potential not only academically, but spiritually, in character, in leadership. That's difficult to put a price tag on, and we will forever be thankful for the faculty and staff at BCA for all that you have poured into our family, and forever grateful to God for leading us here.

Amount of homework: Disagree

My children only had homework 2 days a week and that was only from 1 class.

Teacher effectiveness: Strongly agree

The teachers truly invest in each student! With multiple children attending BCA, I have experienced amazing teachers on all grade levels! It is definitely not just about the "testing" and "pay" with BCA teachers...it is about so much more!! They really focus on the whole child and encourage each student's individuality. Thankful!

This school has been the best thing to ever happen to my two children. After attending public school where they were just a number, I have seen the impact that smaller class size and teachers who actually care can have on academic performance. It is amazing. You will not regret choosing BCA!

Here's a review from a parent who does not belong to the "majority" group. As long as you are part of the parent community, I am pretty sure your experiences will be wonderful, but beware if you look different or don't believe what they believe in. If you don't attend their church or social groups you are just another tuition payee. These parents will not let you become part of their group - they will systematically hound you out. It is a horribly cliquish environment. I would go to the extent of saying that they will even keep your child away from the key school resources. The school is as good as the teacher you get and most of the time the teacher you get does not have a degree in education or certification. You constantly hear about how they are under paid. Well that makes you wonder how good they are if they can't get jobs at other schools. We had a fantastic teacher the first year, but the next year it was a disaster where the teacher basically was only there for the pay check.

I'm thankful for all the amazing teachers and staff members that pour into us each day. They are full of love and show us what it's like to live like Christ. I'm also thankful for each student at bca. I love being able to have friends that are so close to me just like a family. I just so thankful for Bcas enviorment and I'm so happy God lets me be apart of such and amazing place

Take it from someone who's experienced both public and private schools. This is a great school. Teachers, students, parents are all awesome. What makes BCA great is that everyone there is part of one big family and by the way anybody is welcome. Just like every family, we have our ups and downs and sometimes we mess up or fail. But in the end we pick each other up and our reaction overcomes our failures. BCA is honestly a very well rounded school. I have grown more at that place academically, physically, spiritually and socially than anywhere else. The teachers care about every single student and offer extra help with classes before/after school or during lunch. Coaches are determined to make players compete and get better every day. And the emphasis is always on pursuing God in everything. I would recommend this school to anybody. Come to BCA and experience the environment. There's no place like it.

Last modified Bethlehem Christian Academy is a Private school that serves grades PK-12