Bad
Good

Posted September 10, 2013
Like the new news paper " The Panther Print" and the school system is asking every one to go on line and fill out there questionair.

Posted October 03, 2009
I attended this high school and enjoyed most of my time there. However, when I entered the real world of education, I discovered that the school did not really prepare me except for a few specific teachers. The school needs to spend more time challenging its students rather than promoting school gossip and create more challenging courses for students. The challenge for students needs to start before junior year with chemistry. They need to challenge their students more from the beginning and don't let them take the easy way out.

Posted July 01, 2008
I went to this high school, and working in the Admissions Office at a college, I have seen plenty of high schools. Union County is extremely excellent, especially for the area. I feel that the teachers genuinely care about their students, and although the dress code is strict, what high school's dress code isn't? So, I think that dress code is not something to be overly worried about. As for the issues that I have seen in previous reviews, I'm not sure what the issue here with Mr. Donahue was, but as a future teacher and former student of his, I completely disagree with the statement before me. Mr. Donahue is an excellent teacher that actually pushes his students to think outside of the box. His classes are not easy, but you actually learn something in class. Imagine that. Please don't attack him personally.

Posted March 04, 2008
I've been to a few different high schools, and so far this one is my favorite. The basic classes are easy, but if you go into the more advanced classes or honors programs, it's wonderfully challenging. The sports are limited, football being the most glorified. The band rambunctious, but adequate in both concert and marching instead of one or the other. I think the school is a little too afraid of the religious families, but as they are the majority, they have right to be. It is the only school I've been to so far that has a functioning literary magazine. There are few cliques often labels easily get placed on one group to another, but a person s label generally isn t as obvious as at most other schools. The school itself is nothing special. Like anywhere, if you can find somewhere you belong, you ll probably have a good time.

Posted February 11, 2005
The experience was not a very good one, overall I received nothing that I view as valuable in my years spent at this school.

Union County High School 1

Posted February 11, 2005
This school has been a big disappointment. Certain programs such as the extracurricular activities and band, music programs seemed to be good when my children first attended but dramatically deteriorated while my children were here. Although the math program appeared to be worthy other subjects were less that adequate to my child's needs and the caliber of most of his English teachers has been shockingly poor. This school has many disadvantages and was an overall disappointment. I would suggest not sending you children to this school but rather send them to another county's school. The teachers such as Mr. Donahue were not the type of role model that my children should be challenged by. Other teachers did not engage my children in active learning or discussions.

Posted August 11, 2004
I feel this school is ran as the State of Georgia is by republicans. They mix church and state. The dress code at this school is not possible for parents to enforce without making it the main objective of the day. Children can not dress to meet guidelines and still keep with the new styles out today. I feel this school should focus more on education and leave the dreesing of children up to the parents and keep the schools administration out of it.

Union County High School
153 Panther Circle, Blairsville, GA  30512
Last modified Union County High School is a Public school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 8 out of 10 based on academic quality.