Bad
Good

Like the new news paper " The Panther Print" and the school system is asking every one to go on line and fill out there questionair.

I attended this high school and enjoyed most of my time there. However, when I entered the real world of education, I discovered that the school did not really prepare me except for a few specific teachers. The school needs to spend more time challenging its students rather than promoting school gossip and create more challenging courses for students. The challenge for students needs to start before junior year with chemistry. They need to challenge their students more from the beginning and don't let them take the easy way out.

I went to this high school, and working in the Admissions Office at a college, I have seen plenty of high schools. Union County is extremely excellent, especially for the area. I feel that the teachers genuinely care about their students, and although the dress code is strict, what high school's dress code isn't? So, I think that dress code is not something to be overly worried about. As for the issues that I have seen in previous reviews, I'm not sure what the issue here with Mr. Donahue was, but as a future teacher and former student of his, I completely disagree with the statement before me. Mr. Donahue is an excellent teacher that actually pushes his students to think outside of the box. His classes are not easy, but you actually learn something in class. Imagine that. Please don't attack him personally.

I've been to a few different high schools, and so far this one is my favorite. The basic classes are easy, but if you go into the more advanced classes or honors programs, it's wonderfully challenging. The sports are limited, football being the most glorified. The band rambunctious, but adequate in both concert and marching instead of one or the other. I think the school is a little too afraid of the religious families, but as they are the majority, they have right to be. It is the only school I've been to so far that has a functioning literary magazine. There are few cliques often labels easily get placed on one group to another, but a person s label generally isn t as obvious as at most other schools. The school itself is nothing special. Like anywhere, if you can find somewhere you belong, you ll probably have a good time.

Last modified Union County High School is a Public school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 8 out of 10 based on academic quality.