Blue Ridge, GA

Posted November 30, 2014
I am a retired teacher, now a newspaper editor. I cover Fannin County schools and am very impressed with the education level of teachers at all five schools. I am also impressed that Fannin County has a graduation rate of 91.3 percent, 10.5 percent higher than the state average. Consistently, students score better in advanced placement tests than other schools in Georgia. However, the most impressive thing about Fannin County schools is that teachers CARE about students. Every month when I attend Board of Education meetings, I hear about teachers going beyond classroom teaching to help students.

Posted April 29, 2014
I'm not sure if the poster that had written that their child did not learn WWII or anything like that and just learned about the Bible is an upset student or what but I can tell everyone on here that the post is not true. FCHS does offer a Bible class (don't know exactly what it is called) but of course it's by choice only and it's not even taught on school property (the building is not on school property). Which I think is sad but that's a different post. My child did however learn about evolution in his biology class. And as far as WWII and Pearl Harbor, they are most definitely taught and anything in between. I was very very happy with this school. My child was too he said. He loved all of his teachers so much and was well prepared for college. I love FCHS and my two daughters will also be attending in just a few years and I'm very comfortable about it. GO REBELS!!

Posted February 05, 2014
I am an alumni of FCHS. My family & I moved to Blue Ridge from Gwinnett my sophomore year. At first if felt a little awkward to me because it was the only high school in the county and only about 1000 kids attended. I soon started fitting in very well. Everyone was very nice and helpful. This also made me feel 100% happy about the move because I am biracial and I've always heard stereotypes about the area. I can tell you they aren't true. I took many AP classes and they were no joke! I feel like FCHS prepared me well for college. The ONLY complaint that I have is that it is not a very 'wooooo go team spirit' school. Maybe it's changed in the last six years. I heard they have added sports such as volleyball and have an array of interesting classes to choose from now. If you're considering a move to Fannin but are worried about the education, worry no longer.

Posted February 04, 2014
My family and I relocated to the mountains. When I did my first tour of the High School it was more for informational purposes than any real intent for my child to attend. I Homeschool and am quite picky when it comes to curriculum and quality of instruction. In short I was impressed. I move all the time so impressing me isn't easy. The school has a solid Engineering program. I mention this because the first thing I ask myself when touring a school is whether it's college prep worthy. We'll, we've been here some time now with my child attending this school. The teachers and administration are for the most part well above average. In terms of caring for the welfare of their students I have quite frankly never seen the passion before on this level; shockingly all the way up to administration. Bullying is handled promptly and to be honest we have to date not had a problem. My only real concern and it's a real one is the robustness of the mathematics program. On a side note my child is twice exceptional (gifted/special needs) the school has been awesome in accommodating. My child is testing by the way extremely well so I know the school is functioning as it should.

Fannin County High School 0

Posted March 18, 2010
I am a former student of FCHS and I'll say that from moving from a very large school in Metro Atlanta to FCHS, I was incredibly challenged. I was an honor student in Atlanta but when I moved to Blue Ridge, I found myself behind in almost every subject. It did not perpetuate the 'hillbilly high school' stereotype. I felt it offered a much better education for me than my prior school and I was quite prepared for college. My only negative memory was the teenage pregnancy rate at the school, but that is neither reflective of the teachers or administration - just the students and the parents.

Fannin County High School 4

Posted July 28, 2009
I have had three children and many other family members attend FCHS and I have been very pleased with there level of education; like most things you get what you invest, they have a fine AP program, vocational oppertunities and a active christian learning center. The extercurricular activities are suprisingly well done for a school of this size and the athletic dept. is supportive of winning both on and off the field. There is a active scholorship foundation giving out nearly 1 million in scholorships 2007 and I have never had any 'or heard of any parent getting cold shouldered by any faculty'. FCHS is a very well ran facility given the restraint of being a small school in a low tax base system and I can only congradulate any parent who is fortunate to share that experience.

Fannin County High School 1

Posted November 20, 2008
Academically poor, inefficient, unwilling to work with parents...this school seems to want to get rid of kids, not teach them.

Fannin County High School 0

Posted July 27, 2008
Not to be rude, but I learned a great deal about Pearl Harbor, WWII, and many other events both big and small and I go to Fannin County High School. It's a great school to learn a great variety of things. Plus they offer many diverse classes to take, although not the best selection, but that is only because it is a small little school. However, it offers many great after school activities.

Fannin County High School 3

Posted May 21, 2008
My children attended this school and did NOT, learn anything about Pearl Harbor, WWII, etc. They learned religion (Bible Study) in History.

Posted February 06, 2008
The school has some of the best Career Tech. and Agricultue Education programs around and the teachers take a personal touch with what they teach.

Fannin County High School
360 Rebels Cir, Blue Ridge, GA  30513
(706) 632-2081
Last modified Fannin County High School is a Public school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Fannin County High School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 11 reviews. Top