Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Neutral (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (1 response)

We moved to Oconee County for the school system. My child has had rigorous classes & an opportunity to excel at NOHS. My only regret is that my child has experienced racial bias by some students, teachers & administrators.

This school is really disappointing. It supposedly has high ranking in the state, but it is only good for middle of the road students whose family does not want them in Clarke County. My daughter is disabled and the school has refused her accommodations, made the IEP process bitterly difficult and tried to intimidate our family. We are moving out of GA at the end of this school year to find a better high school for our very bright kid.

As a student, I can honestly say that I can't imagine a better school. We are challenged everyday and more importantly, encouraged to challenge ourselves. The counselors work extremely hard to help students in any way they can, and our principal is the most respectable man. He gives us respect, and without force, he gets it back. Our class choices are wonderful for such a young school - about 15 different APs (not selective- anyone can sign up), core classes with techers who make the topics interesting, and many many CTAE courses and pathways. Our extracurriculars are encouraged - we have a huge amount of clubs to join and North Oconee excells in the fine arts as well as sports. Ask a parent, teacher/faculty member, or student, NOHS is a fantastic school.

North Oconee High School is EXECELLENT! The teachers and staff that my child has had have given 150 percent. I cannot say enough good things about them.

We moved her for this school and are more and more disappointed. The teachers and textbooks frequently push a liberal agenda on our children. The french teacher showed our kids "Farenheit 911" in class and gave the honors 3 kids a test on which every single question was about islamic religious doctrine. A government teacher told our son that conservatives are undereducated and liberals are well educated. The text for AP world history has chapter after chapter about islam, islamic cultures, the spread of islam, etc... but has very little about Christianity. This school uses "block scheduling." That means that kids only have 4 classes at any given time. Usually two of those are real academic classes and the other two are some fluff from a list of electives. My son ended up in "current events." In this "class" he sits around reading Time and Newsweek magazines.

I think North Oconee is the best high school I have seen. Great teachers and staff, pushing kids to be part of the community in a positive way! ZTeaching them to be not only good students but good people!

This has been the greatest school my child has ever attended.

This is an excellent school. The staff and administration truly care about each student. The community is awesome as well.

I graduated from North Oconee as part of the charter class in 2007. And I will say that all in all the whole experience was very pleasent. It was rough starting out during the first two years of the school's existence, but they have really become more organized and my senior year was a very nice experience. The teachers are very involved with their students, and the classes are, for the most part, very informative and relevant. I am glad that I went to North Oconee.

My son was in the first graduating class and had a terrific experience. He had excellent teachers, and an abundance of extracurricular activities in which to participate. He was in the college prep class track and scored well on his AP exams. The counselors were outstanding, taking a personal interest in the students and connecting well with them. We felt the principal was an outstanding leader, a real people person who sees the best in each individual. He was fair and just in his administration of discipline. Parents worked hard to support ALL kids in the PTO, sports booster programs and Cultural programs. The school motto is Relevance, Relationships and Rigor and I saw that philosophy emphasized in the school's programs and in the school's culture.

Last modified North Oconee High School is a Public school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 10 out of 10 based on academic quality.