North Oconee High School 4

Posted April 28, 2014
We moved to Oconee County for the school system. My child has had rigorous classes & an opportunity to excel at NOHS. My only regret is that my child has experienced racial bias by some students, teachers & administrators.

Posted September 22, 2011
This school is really disappointing. It supposedly has high ranking in the state, but it is only good for middle of the road students whose family does not want them in Clarke County. My daughter is disabled and the school has refused her accommodations, made the IEP process bitterly difficult and tried to intimidate our family. We are moving out of GA at the end of this school year to find a better high school for our very bright kid.

Posted September 18, 2011
As a student, I can honestly say that I can't imagine a better school. We are challenged everyday and more importantly, encouraged to challenge ourselves. The counselors work extremely hard to help students in any way they can, and our principal is the most respectable man. He gives us respect, and without force, he gets it back. Our class choices are wonderful for such a young school - about 15 different APs (not selective- anyone can sign up), core classes with techers who make the topics interesting, and many many CTAE courses and pathways. Our extracurriculars are encouraged - we have a huge amount of clubs to join and North Oconee excells in the fine arts as well as sports. Ask a parent, teacher/faculty member, or student, NOHS is a fantastic school.

Posted July 12, 2011
North Oconee High School is EXECELLENT! The teachers and staff that my child has had have given 150 percent. I cannot say enough good things about them.

Posted September 03, 2010
We moved her for this school and are more and more disappointed. The teachers and textbooks frequently push a liberal agenda on our children. The french teacher showed our kids "Farenheit 911" in class and gave the honors 3 kids a test on which every single question was about islamic religious doctrine. A government teacher told our son that conservatives are undereducated and liberals are well educated. The text for AP world history has chapter after chapter about islam, islamic cultures, the spread of islam, etc... but has very little about Christianity. This school uses "block scheduling." That means that kids only have 4 classes at any given time. Usually two of those are real academic classes and the other two are some fluff from a list of electives. My son ended up in "current events." In this "class" he sits around reading Time and Newsweek magazines.

Posted March 19, 2010

North Oconee High School 0

Posted February 22, 2010
I think North Oconee is the best high school I have seen. Great teachers and staff, pushing kids to be part of the community in a positive way! ZTeaching them to be not only good students but good people!

Posted August 23, 2009
This has been the greatest school my child has ever attended.

Posted May 26, 2009

Posted February 07, 2009
This is an excellent school. The staff and administration truly care about each student. The community is awesome as well.

North Oconee High School
1081 Rocky Branch Rd, Bogart, GA  30622
Last modified North Oconee High School is a Public school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 9 out of 10 based on academic quality.
North Oconee High School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 17 reviews. Top