Bremen, GA

Posted January 22, 2014
I do feel as though education is very important to the teachers, sometimes I feel it stresses my kids out to the point of being mentally exhausted but, with that said I also feel the teachers genuinely love their students and truly care about each child and their safety. My children have come so far with the extra help and attention they have gotten from the teachers. I have had brief moments of defensive thoughts such as "are they questioning my parenting" but then I put my childish thoughts aside and realize they love my children and only want what is best for them even if it mean "hurting mom's feelings". Sure you might find a lemon amongst the red delicious apples, but please realize they are everywhere, nowhere is perfect but this is pretty close!

Jones Elementary School 4

Posted August 30, 2012
I too moved here just for this school. I moved from a nice area of metro atl and wanted a school with test scores that were as good as our last school. This school was the only one in the area. There are alot of pros and cons here. the pros for me are, i like that everyone knows who you are, good values, good test scores, mostly i like the good old america wholesome values, for the most part great teachers... the this year my daughter went from having the best teacher i had between two kids to the worst teacher i have had. The kids in this class are wild and the teachers seem to only want to hang out with each other and let the kids do what they please. The worst is they don't lock the doors in the school so anyone could walk in at any time. And they don't have much money for the school. If you come to this town from a metro area you will feel like you went back in time. I think when you go from a county with a million ppl to a town of 5k then you can really notice all the drunk,poor, and backwoods ppl, but there are way more nice ones than bad ones. Also there is never any traffic out here!! But the trains....all day all night blasting the horn.

Posted March 31, 2011
Absolutly love this school The educational standards are high and my child is constantly given new opportunities to learn!

Jones Elementary School 1

Posted November 18, 2010
I am very unhappy with this school so much that I am taking my child out. It seems that all this school cares about is ho it looks on paper. They care more about test scores than the children. In the weeks preceeding the CRCT, the teachers and principal had talked about the importance of this exam so much that they had my child was 8 at the time completely stressed out. It was ridiculous. They drill CRCT information into their heads like they are little soldiers just so that can look good. This school ia all about appearances with no substance. I believe it is important to have good test scores but not at the expense of the children. They need to put the focus back on the students.

Jones Elementary School 1

Posted November 18, 2009
My child just started JES and I must say I am very disappointed in the quality of my child's teacher. I have witnessed this teacher yell at children in the classroom and waste instructional time talking to another staff member. I am shocked by the lack of learning going on in the classroom. As an educator I see no evidence of a learning focused classroom, or strategies being used in the classroom. I am also disappointed that the teacher has not been very engaging when I have visited the school. The teacher almost seemed upset that I have visited and I am not disruptive and have offered several times to work for the teacher!! I am just overall disappointed and I would like to think that this is just one year and next year will be better, different teacher!

Posted September 17, 2009
This is the best school system! The educational standards are high and my child is constantly given new opportunities to learn!

Posted March 01, 2006
I have read the reviews about Jones Elementary and I am very surprised to even read a negative comment about this school. As an educator and a parent I see JES as an awesome school with teachers and administrators who put children first. School systems,administrators, teachers, parents and most of all students have an enormous burden placed upon them. Dr. Campbell and Mr. Garrett are awesome administrators who have taken on the responsibility and the time to ensure the achievement of all students. I am very grateful for the administration and teachers of the Bremen City School System and the educaion they have provided for my child.

Posted February 22, 2006
My wife and I are very pleased with H.A. Jones Elementary School. We believe our son is ahead of his peers outside of this school system. He is learning things in 4th grade that we, ourselves, were not exposed to until later in our school careers. We are especially pleased with the teacher/parent interaction. This is a wonderful tight-knit school that offers both education and community, alike.

Posted August 06, 2005
I have lived in this area for 11 years and have researched many schools in this area. It is without hesitation that I can conclude that this school and Dr. Campbell are a cut above the others. I have had brief encounters with him and the teaching staff and have been impressed with not only their professionalism but the attention to what is important...the children. Bremen is a coveted district for a reason!

Posted February 16, 2005
A few months ago I came across this website and found that there were things posted about Jones Elementary that were not very impressive. I spoke with the Assistant Principal who then cleared all this up for me. Before this though, I posted a negative message that now needs to be corrected. I am extremely satisfied with this school and would not ever dream of my children attending another one. Heather Reaves

206 Lakeview Dr, Bremen, GA  30110
Last modified Jones Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-3
Jones Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 16 reviews. Top