Buford, GA

Harmony Elementary School 3

Posted June 01, 2015
We've recently transferred into Harmony from another local school (due to a move) and have found that Harmony is lacking in many ways compared to our previous school experience. I'm actually kind of surprised at how different the two schools are, being that they're both in the same district. We've only been here for the final three months of the year, so I'm hoping next year will be better. I must say, carpool is the worst. Although they try to keep traffic flowing with their poor setup, don't expect to get out of carpool in less than 10 minutes most days. Coming from a school with over 200 more students and a much more efficient carpool line, this is just something I've noticed. Also, security seems to be lacking. As the office is situated in an enclosed room away from the front door (which is open during the day), it seems like someone could likely sneak in and not be noticed. I haven't actually attempted this, as I always go to the office first, but I'm not sure how closely the front door is watched. Most of all, though, my biggest issue with the school so far was how we were treated (or not treated) when we transferred in for the final semester. The administration was very pleasant and provided a nice tour of the school, talked to us about what to expect, etc. But I feel like my daughter was shoved into a classroom without so much as a Hello. I know there were student ambassadors to walk her to class, but they didn't talk to her. Once she was placed, I never formally met her teacher one-on-one at any point, no communication to let me know how she was adjusting, or if we needed to know anything special about the class. I felt very disconnected and uninformed. Granted, I could have reached out to her teacher, but I had sent an email about something unrelated and never received a reply. Again, I hope next year will be much different, and I look forward to a full year at the school to re-evaluate my rating.

Posted August 04, 2014
Harmony is the best elementary school in Buford! I have 2 kids in High School already who went to Harmony before and another child is still going and will be going to this school. I'm really happy with this school. Good program, very good teachers! Never had any problems

Harmony Elementary School 1

Posted September 16, 2013
My children were unable to complete their ES experience because of how Administration treated my family at this school. My son has a physical disability and uses a wheelchair (only child in the school who used a WC at the time). Our family was never accepted here from day one. It was obvious to me that if a child is not "out of the box" in any way, then they will likely succeed here. My son is unable to walk on his own (strictly a physical disability, not cognitive) and, unfortunately, our entire family was not treated with dignity or respect. In fact, quite the opposite. Truly unbelievable that things like this still go on in this day and age. Very, very sad situation. *Interesting note- I sent in a similar review last week and apparently it was deleted. Are only positive reviews allowed to remain on this site?*

Posted May 16, 2013
We moved here from New Jersey and my children entered 3rd and 1st grade at Harmony. My son's 1st grade teacher, Mrs. Mazurek, has been fabulous and one of the best teachers any of my children has ever had. My son attended half-day kindergarten in New Jersey and was behind the other kids in 1st grade. Mrs. Mazurek taught him beautifully and he excelled in first grade and was even tested for the FOCUS program! When I had issues regarding my daughter, they were addressed. The school nurse and school counselor are also wonderful. I am very happy with Harmony.

Posted February 09, 2012
We LOVE Harmony! Unfortunately, we had to move out of the MC cluster and we were so sad to say goodbye. Mrs. Keskonis (principal) is the complete top notch of principals. She was always visible in the halls, easily accessible by phone and email and truly listened to your concerns. All of ur boys teachers were beyond wonderful! Harmony is a very close tight knit group and we miss it terribly. Nothing but wonderful things to say about the staff and administration at Harmony!

Posted January 24, 2012
I think Harmony is a wonderful school. All the teachers and administrators are loving and kind. I always get prompt calls or emails back from teachers when I have questions. The AP over testing called me back the same day I emailed our teacher a question. That in itself is amazing. I am so proud to have my children at this school.

Posted December 16, 2009
Harmony is an excellent school. My son had a learning disability problem and I worked with his teacher and faculty last year when he was in 2nd grade, he is now in 3rd and I am still working with this teachers. He is doing so good, its like a different child, I am glad we found out early and are able to resolve the problem.

Harmony Elementary School 4

Posted September 06, 2009
I hate to hear that your experience was not a good one. We had just the opposite with our son. It did take about 2/3 of the year, but with numerous meetings and testing, we were able to identify the problem. My son is now in fourth grade, and is having a much better year. I have to think that his teacher and the staff did all they could to help my son.

Harmony Elementary School 3

Posted April 16, 2009
My son has been at this school for three years. After countless SST meetings and letters to administration and numerous classroom interventions, he still has not been provided testing for learning issues. Now he is having trouble with self esteem and is no longer excited about going to school. What a shame! Harmony's policies for dealing with children with learning challanges are inadequate. I would really like to see Harmony get it together and identify kids with learning issues before they fail the CRCT.

Harmony Elementary School

Posted April 11, 2009
Harmony is a wonderful school! The parent community is excellent and supportive. The teachers work extra hard to provide a warm and inviting place to learn. Best of all...the students are always eager to learn and try so hard!

Harmony Elementary School
3946 S Bogan Rd, Buford, GA  30519
Last modified Harmony Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 8 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Harmony Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 15 reviews. Top