Old Suwanee Christian School 2

Posted July 24, 2014
I went to Old Suwanee for 14 years from K4 to 12th grade. I loved it when I was younger, but as I got older it became harder to even be friends with people because of the clique type atmosphere. It wasn't like there were many different cliques, but the kids that go to church at Old Suwanee & all of the kids who do sports are all like one clique & if you don't do sports or go to church there it's as if you're a weirdo & an outsider. And the teachers didn't help either because they pressure everyone to do every sport. I disliked the school so much in 7th grade I begged my parents to take me out of school, but by the time they let me try public school I realized how far behind in my education I was compared to kids in public school so I continued to go to Old Suwanee. Some of the teachers at OSCS are good people, but some talk the talk, & don't walk the Christian walk. the Bible tells us ( & we learned this in Bible Class) that we are to first love God then Others then Ourselves, but even the teachers do not always apply this principle to everyday life. I'm not saying OSCS is an awful school or the most amazing school ever, but I would still recommend it for elementary kids. Thanks

Old Suwanee Christian School 1

Posted July 24, 2014
OSCS has been declining over the years not only in education, but also in spirituality. I attended OSCS for 12 years and I have noticed this decline particularly in the last 6 years. This was about 2 years after Pastor Moore passed away. I feel that while in elementary school my education was not as hindered as it was in my high school and middle school years mainly because as of the last 3 years they have hired unqualified teachers to teach students things they do not know themselves. Education should be the primary concern of the staff but this is not the case. Spirituality is the primary concern of the staff who work there, which is a good thing, but they do not act like spiritual leaders themselves by loving one another. Staff members supposedly say that the environment of the school has gone down because the students do not "walk with the Lord", but in reality the teachers have lost the Christian mentality of God's most important commandment- loving one God and one another. The rules used to be in place to maintain a Christian environment, but now the rules are used to degrade people who do not follow them. I would only recommend OSCS for elementary education. -Former Student

Posted October 08, 2012
Old Suwanee Christian School is the best school our kids have attended. The school has helped prepare our kids to be very conscious of the view of God in all they do. The curriculum is very challenging. The teachers are excellent and among the most committed we have seen in any school. I am an educator and I applaud the balance of Christian standards and academic rigor. Old Suwanee was highly recommended by several people and our experience has been even better than what we heard. We've been to a couple of schools. Old Suwanee excels in honoring racial diversity. Our kids can't wait to go to school each day. They love to go to school and they love their teachers. The commitment of their teachers and school administration has inspired selflessness in them. Our kids are ahead of their peers in public schools and other private schools. Enrolling our kids at Old Suwanee is one of the best decisions we have made as a family and we are grateful to God.

Posted October 04, 2012
Our child attended Old Suwanee Christian School for nine years. The faculty and staff were partners to assist us in her education. They complemented and supplemented our desire to provide her a Godly education. She graduated in May of 2012. We are very grateful for the whole-child education she received. The faculty did not only teach a solid academic program (she scored 1770 on the SAT), but also addressed the character issues that will help guide her throughout her lifetime. Her spirit and soul were nurtured and challenged to honor the Lord. As she starts college, we are fully persuaded she is very well equipped to accomplish any task ahead of her.

Posted June 13, 2012
Old Suwanee Christian School remains a strong with excellent teachers, leadership that is balanced and shared with a good school board, dedicated administrators, and always maintained upon Biblical principles. The pastor of the church is the chief administrator and started the school in 1984. The academic program is college prep with very challenging classes and advanced classes. The school is evaluated and accredited through a rigorous process making sure that the overall program is great. The wise parent will go to the school and evaluate it based upon first hand information on campus with real people. The students are real young people from families every walk of life who love the Godly instruction and example of the staff. Students score in the top 10% on national achievement tests administered every year to every student. The Hope of America is found in the classes of Old Suwanee Christian School and other Christian Schools across America. Join them in maintaining Christian Education in the 21st Century.

Old Suwanee Christian School 1

Posted March 12, 2012
This used to be a really decent Christian school, but now it seems as if nobody really cares. The students make racist comments and the teachers and principle dont do anything about it, and the teachers are very immature. One teacher talked bad about a student's parent in front of the student and this teacher has had a bad reputation among the students with saying things he/she shouldn't say. I would have recommended this school to everyone about 10-15 years ago when Mr. Moore was over everything not the secondary advisor and teachers. I really hope this school gets it act together because it is losing more and more of its most valuable students each year.

Posted December 07, 2011
I had the privilege of attending OSCS for 7 years. My husband and I both graduated from there. I love the school! Our children are now students at OSCS - 2nd generation!! Just like any school, it is not perfect, but they do keep Christ the center of every activity. I feel that I have a support system for what I am teaching at home. The negative comments that have been said about OSCS by former parents/students are shameful. Obviously, a rebellious teenager is not going to like the rules, but they are set to teach discipline and commitment - something that public schools and a lot of parents are failing to do! I love OSCS!! Keep up the great work!!

Posted April 13, 2011
Our desire is to see our students equipped with the knowledge and skills they need to become effective servants of God. Contrary to an earlier review, the teachers at OSCS are very qualified and are certified by GAPSAC. Currently more than half of the secondary teachers have masters degrees and all of them have bachelors degrees and from 3 to 15 years of experience. The administration also places a high priority on teachers receiving continuing education every year. As a faculty, we are continually striving to improve our program. For example, this year AP History was offered. The secondary offers a wide variety of sports, fine arts, and other activities - choir, band, speech, cross country, volleyball, basketball, baseball, soccer, yearbook, computers, art club, nursing home ministry, student council, etc. All elementary students have art, music, P.E., and computers, and upper elementary have band, cross country, and basketball. Students who excel in our program will excel in their future endeavors as well.

Posted April 05, 2011
This school is quite a treasure. My child has excelled here and scores very high in her standardized testing. The staff is very qualified and the very best. I highly recommend OSCS to any parent looking for a great school K4-12. .

Old Suwanee Christian School 4

Posted December 25, 2010
My kids went to this school K4 to 12th grade and loved it. The were well prepared for college and were very successful. The teachers are real Christians and love the students. I hope I can send my grandchildren to school there.

Old Suwanee Christian School
4118 Old Suwanee Road, Buford, GA  30518
Last modified Old Suwanee Christian School is a Private school that serves grades PK-12
Old Suwanee Christian School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 19 reviews. Top