Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Agree (4 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (2 responses)

We were new to Jones middle and our experience has been absolutely terrible when dealing with the administration. They do not thoroughly investigate incidents, threats and in my opinion are leaders in the school to prison pipeline. The administrators are bias and discriminatory towards minorities. It's time this rock is over turned and the Gwinnett county school system is further investigated by the U.S Department of Education. Dr. Miller,Dr Holland and Susan Harris failed my child and have made his first year a learning experience of the harsh realities of our society. #concernedparent

Develops character: Strongly disagree

Not all ,but a few of the staff my son has encountered this year have conducted themselves unprofessionally. I say this because incidents have been discussed with other students and also their own personal opinions have been giving, in which I think should be kept amongst adults.

Called consuler said I would be there at 10:30 she said she was to busy to see me. Went to office asked to talk to someone about my granddaughter being bullied they could not be seen without a appointment.What has our schools become?

Faculty are knowledgable and interactive. PTSA is inviting and engaging. Ciriculum is instructive and relevant.

The principal is the best...he's involved. He even sponsors the guitar club. He genuinely cares and enjoys his job. The teachers and counselors have been very understanding of my child...who has special needs but is in mainstream classes. The music programs are amazing...band, orchestra and chorus.

My son is in 6th grade at Jones Middle school and he absolutely loves it. His is in 4 accelerated classes and loves his homeroom teacher (Mrs. Furr) and his other main teacher (Mrs. Sheeler.) They seem to be extraordinary. I am highly impressed with the chorus teacher and the principal also. He loves that the accelerated students are all grouped together with the same teachers so that the entire class can benefit from an accelerated pace. I find that set up to be more advantageous for the students as well as the parent.

My daughter attended Glenn Jones for 7th grade. During that time she was invited to many clubs which met before, during and after school. Her school counselor kept me well informed and even formed a group for girls new to the school. I was able to speak with the principal about many things involving ways my daughter would like to get more involved. Out of all the schools my children have attended this school excells with follow up, questions and concerns. Her old counselor even contacted us to check on her this year. The front office can be busy and the secretary in "too" much of a hurry, but overall this school passed my expectations.

I have been pleased with my daughter's teachers since she started the 6th grade at this school, however, the front office staff attitudes are not good. The lack of customer service concerns me, for example when I have question and/or questions they make me feel as if I am inconveniencing them and I should not have to feel that way as a parent. But over all the school is great, I can go online to stay on top of my child's progress, as well as being notified via e-mail about any issues concerning my child. So I believe if the front office staff treat the parent and/or parents with a greater respect, we as parents will feel better about the school as a whole.

Glenn C Jones MS is a nice enough school, lots of trailers. So far our experience with the teachers has been fairly positive. Definitely no hand-holding like you had in the elementary school, but that this is part of growing up. The principal is very friendly and loves to hear himself talk at any rallies, etc. The front office staff is AWFUL - you can never get any questions answered the first time you ask. This morning was a perfect example - I took a day off work to make sure we have all forms/permission slips, etc. filled out and signed, but the lady at the front office didn't know the answer to my question, so her response was "I don't know about that, so if we have an issue today, you'll have to come back tomorrow." She wasn't going to get out of her chair to find out and couldn't go back fast enough to her reading. I work full time, so coming back tomorrow is not an option for me. That's why I came in TODAY!!! Also, not impressed with the discipline in the school - kids won't got to the restroom at school because other kids try to look under the stall doors and NOBODY is doing anything about this issue in school. Even our pediatrician knew about this problem!!!

Jones is great school. Teachers are really helping our kids to grow.

Last modified Glenn C. Jones Middle School is a Public school that serves grades 6-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 10 out of 10 based on academic quality.