Buford, GA
Students enrolled: 1,278

Posted October 07, 2014
My son is in 6th grade at Jones Middle school and he absolutely loves it. His is in 4 accelerated classes and loves his homeroom teacher (Mrs. Furr) and his other main teacher (Mrs. Sheeler.) They seem to be extraordinary. I am highly impressed with the chorus teacher and the principal also. He loves that the accelerated students are all grouped together with the same teachers so that the entire class can benefit from an accelerated pace. I find that set up to be more advantageous for the students as well as the parent.

Glenn C. Jones Middle School 4

Posted August 22, 2013
My daughter attended Glenn Jones for 7th grade. During that time she was invited to many clubs which met before, during and after school. Her school counselor kept me well informed and even formed a group for girls new to the school. I was able to speak with the principal about many things involving ways my daughter would like to get more involved. Out of all the schools my children have attended this school excells with follow up, questions and concerns. Her old counselor even contacted us to check on her this year. The front office can be busy and the secretary in "too" much of a hurry, but overall this school passed my expectations.

Glenn C. Jones Middle School 4

Posted September 08, 2012
I have been pleased with my daughter's teachers since she started the 6th grade at this school, however, the front office staff attitudes are not good. The lack of customer service concerns me, for example when I have question and/or questions they make me feel as if I am inconveniencing them and I should not have to feel that way as a parent. But over all the school is great, I can go online to stay on top of my child's progress, as well as being notified via e-mail about any issues concerning my child. So I believe if the front office staff treat the parent and/or parents with a greater respect, we as parents will feel better about the school as a whole.

Glenn C. Jones Middle School 3

Posted August 08, 2011
Glenn C Jones MS is a nice enough school, lots of trailers. So far our experience with the teachers has been fairly positive. Definitely no hand-holding like you had in the elementary school, but that this is part of growing up. The principal is very friendly and loves to hear himself talk at any rallies, etc. The front office staff is AWFUL - you can never get any questions answered the first time you ask. This morning was a perfect example - I took a day off work to make sure we have all forms/permission slips, etc. filled out and signed, but the lady at the front office didn't know the answer to my question, so her response was "I don't know about that, so if we have an issue today, you'll have to come back tomorrow." She wasn't going to get out of her chair to find out and couldn't go back fast enough to her reading. I work full time, so coming back tomorrow is not an option for me. That's why I came in TODAY!!! Also, not impressed with the discipline in the school - kids won't got to the restroom at school because other kids try to look under the stall doors and NOBODY is doing anything about this issue in school. Even our pediatrician knew about this problem!!!

Glenn C. Jones Middle School 1

Posted April 19, 2010

Posted February 23, 2010
Jones is great school. Teachers are really helping our kids to grow.

Posted October 15, 2009
Jones is great, it provides all the tools for any student to become successful and achieve their goals.

Posted September 21, 2009
The parent that sent the 1 star report does not know what they are talking about! Glenn C. Jones is the best middle school. Last year at Glenn C. Jones, a very unexpected thing happened Glenn C. Jones himself passed away! That is sad, my child and myself got to meet Mr. Jones himself in person and he is a VERY respectful gentleman. Glenn C. Jones has many special education classrooms and the school is not overcrowded. My child has had many of her best years of school education in this school. If you have something to say about this school, remember think twice before you type anything online.As you can see the women below me does not know the school very well!!!

Glenn C. Jones Middle School 1

Posted July 17, 2009
One of my children went through Jones. I found this school to be overcrowded for such a new school with way to many trailers on the grounds. I also found when a sub came in they were not given the proper tools to handle the class. I see this as a severe lack of preparation on the teachers part. The School is not adedquately staffed for special ed students and these students are often thrown into situations that could easliy be avoided if the special education staff was not spread so thin.

Posted March 05, 2009
This school was amasing and the teachers ruled the were so cool and so nice and the students were awsome

Glenn C. Jones Middle School
3575 Ridge Rd, Buford, GA  30519
Last modified Glenn C. Jones Middle School is a Public school that serves grades 6-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 8 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Glenn C. Jones Middle School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 19 reviews. Top